“A good pit stop”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
London, United Kingdom
“A good pit stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We received a wedding invite that was last minute and this was the only place in town that had a room. I had read some reviews that were on the harsh side but for the price and the location, it was alright. The room was small but functional, there is no food on site but there are tea/coffee facilities in room and the pub next door is very nice and good value for money. The inn has sky tv and free wi Fi (although we didn't use either) and we didn't make use of the bath/shower facilities as we were in the room for about 10 hours total I think! The staff are friendly and helpful. It is ideally located in town within walking distance of Elstree studios and the high street. The bed was quite comfy, I have to say we spend a fair amount of time in hotels and this has been the first for a while that I've actually had a really nice sleep in! It is quite noisy at times as its above a pub so to be expected and the only problem we had was the lock on our room door was a bit tricky. But if you just need a spot to drop your luggage off and a bed to sleep in then you can't go wrong here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Newton le Willows, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent value for money, room wasn't massive but functional and clean, good comfy bed, small en suite with very good shower. Friendly staff both on arrival and departure. No food on site but lots of take aways, restaurants and pubs about. 2 min to big tesco. It's amazing value considering the location, will be back again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had heard bad things, and read some harsh reviews, but it's right in the centre of town and a third of the price of anywhere else....
Clean, tidy, brilliantly friendly welcome.
Yes, my room was small, but I had opted for a single... Bed comfy, sheets clean, bathroom tiny but clean.
Absolute bargain for the money, would never pay more to stay anywhere else in Borehamwood now!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff were friendly. Not so keen on the showers & with my room being right above the pub downstairs, it was a bit noisy at times. But for the amount of time I spent there it was fine. Next time I want the room my mate had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lido di Camaiore, Toscana, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I spent two weeks there, I appreciated the management, kind and helpful, and the central location with station shops and reastaurants all around and a good pub at the ground floor.
The building is in typical English style, not recently built though I really enjoied its warmth and comfort. The internet connection works fine, is fast and free!
Maybe it is not top luxury but I found more than I needed at a good price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here recently and really enjoyed my stay. The staff are very helpful, and they took care of all my needs. My room was warm and the bed was very comfortable. Next time I am visiting the area I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend in March, and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. What many people forget is that the price will always reflect the quality. Which, I found to be of a good standard, the rooms were clean, with all the facilities you would need for a stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ramada South Mimms M25
Ramada South Mimms M25
#2 of 2 in South Mimms
Village Hotel London Watford

Been to Elstree Inn? Share your experiences!