“Great value, good food”

Jenny's Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 63 Restaurants in Borehamwood
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great value, good food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Called in for breakfast as the hotel I was staying in does not serve breakfast until 9.00 am!!
No private parking but Tesco have a large car park nearby or pay and display short walk away. Opens at seven am which suited me just fine. Huge menu to choose from. I chose "all day breakfast" which also includes tea or "proper" coffee( not instant) toast or bread and butter for a mere £3.90 which I thought was was not expensive. Cafe was immaculately clean, service good and polite. Food was well cooked and not at all greasy. Will call again for sure.

Visited November 2013

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Chaotic when busy”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our first visit was a Friday mid-morning for breakfast. The place is clean and the service was quick although two large teabags in a mug were a bit much. Prices are reasonable unfortunately as in most places that sell breakfast they have a problem with heating the baked beans which is extremely off putting for my wife. The next day Saturday mid-morning it was quite full and from what I heard there was a member of staff short, although the three guys behind the counter seemed to have all the time in the world the waitress was doing a very good headless chicken impression. Our breakfast came minus the toast and despite twice bringing it to the attention of the staff we only received one round of toast for two of us. When I went to pay he tried to charge me for two toasts, he knew we had only had one because he was the man who brought it, and in the end he only knocked 50p off the bill, a few others where calling back the waitress with items missing from their breakfast and just as we were leaving group of workmen where just paying for their breakfast and thanking the waitress for the free toast! My toast!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Malc B
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Breakfast of Champions”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having lived now in Borehamwood for over a year, the next food place to tick off my list was the good old "greasy spoon" for a full English Breakfast to get my Saturday going.

I've trailed up and down the Shenley Road on many occasion (mainly to go to Tesco for the weekly shop) and always harboured the thought of visiting Jenny's for a breakfast one of these days.

That day arrived today and firstly I must say that Jenny's did not disappoint. £4.95 for the Brunch Breakfast option, came with a mug of fresh ground coffee (better than the Nescafé [--] you often get served) to get the ball rolling.

Service from the team was great, always with a smile and if you fancied a breakfast of luxury, just plonk yourself at a table and they will come and take your order restaurant style.

The food (Breakfast of Champions) was delivered piping hot, perfectly cooked and most importantly made from FRESHLY COOKED ingredients - let this be a lesson to other "Greasy Spoons" as bacon cooked just once is bacon at it's finest; by the fifth time you can sole a shoe with the rasher.

Atmosphere is pleasant, service team as said before make you feel welcome and for a Saturday morning, Jenny's was a very nice surprise indeed.

• Visited September 2013