“Nothing special.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Herzliya, Israel
“Nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

A group of us stayed here for one night. We arrived late at night and left early the next day.

The hotel is located way out of the center which might be convenient for some.

The rooms are large with a comfortable bed and the room itself was clean, For some reason there are no electrical sockets on the side of the bed...

Despite being close to the M1 it was quiet. The breakfast was not great with a poor variety to chose from.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jacks1956
Thimmaiah G, General Manager at Ramada London North M1, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the review. I am glad you have enjoyed most parts of your stay with us. We will soon review our breakfast options.
Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Enfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed one night in this very average hotel just off the M1 when I needed to be in London early one morning on business. I booked online and the booking confirmation confirmed parking is available at the hotel. I arrived late and parked in the hotel car park. 10 days later, I received a "Parking Notice Charge" from a private parking "enforcement company" claiming I owe them £100. No-one at Reception told me I had to pay extra to park overnight and how a hotel located on a motorway expects guests to arrive without driving there is beyond me. A complete rip off. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sgforster
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review, I am afraid we have been wrongly quoted here. Parking at the Days Hotel London North has always been free for the guest staying at the hotel.
We are part of Welcome break which also operates the London Gateway services , thus the whole site car park is managed by a company called Parking eye. There is an AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION SYSTEM , which scans your number when you enter the services area. There are notices all over the car park stating hotel guest need to register their cars, We also state this during check-in. If all of this is missed the guest can always write to us if a penalty notice has been issued and we verify if they have stayed at the hotel and in return we ask Parking eye to cancel the ticket. There is not a single case since the opening of the hotel that a guest has paid for parking or paid a penalty charge.
In your case , I am surprised you have not contacted the hotel regarding your penalty. I urge you to contact me directly and if you have stayed at the hotel, I can assure you that the penalty notice can be cancelled.
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Both myself and my business partner stay at this Days Hotel as it is very convinient for when we are driving clients for "FINANCIAL ROADSHOWS" both in the City and West End and it means we don't have to commute from our homes in the Luton area and down a very busy M1 too early in the morning - Saving us around an extra 1Hour of driving each per day.
The rooms in this hotel are always clean and tidy and well kitted out, because i got such a good deal on my recent stay last month, i upgraded to an Executive Room for an extra £4.00 !
An Executive Room gives you space to work in comfort complete with Mini fridge a bottled water and a cererial bar to keep you going !
As i had work to do when i arrived at the hotel, i ordered Room service and ordered in a Pepperoni Pizza, side salad and Garlic bread, and a large coke the salad and Garlic bread were great but the Pizza looked good but had absolutly no taste to it at all, which was dissapointing as i was really hungry but i suppose it filled a hole !

As this Hotel is just by the M1 and also by the Main London St.Pancras to Sheffield rail Line you will encounter some noise even though the rooms are very well soundproofed.

I have always received excellent service from the staff here, and you are only Ten miles away from Central London. driving time even at peak times will take you around 1 to 1.5 Hours from the Hotel, Off peak around 30-40 Minutes.

Room Tip: Whichever room you choose you will encounter some noise either from the M1 at the front or the main...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, most recently in December 12 and found it to be good value for money, fitted out to a good standard, and close enough to London to be able to go in for the day without any issues.

Particularly like the non-steam mirrors!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed one night after going to a concert. Firstly if you're using the postcode to get a satnav to direct you to the hotel it'll possibly lead you to a road which states there's no through access but this is in fact the service road to the service station where the hotel is situated, something we discovered after driving around for quite some time.
The room we were allocated was large with a very comfortable bed and the room itself was clean, but very much lacking in electrical sockets for charging phones, tablets, etc. One socket is not enough. Despite being close to the M1 it was quiet. The bathroom looked clean on first sight but the corners were moldy and stained and the taps were grimy, there was mildew around the bath too. Also the soap dispenser didn't work and neither did the shower gel dispenser.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is little away from the main city, that makes your travel to and fro quite time consuming. But the room package makes it worth it. The hotel is very popular with the group tourists. Hence it is always crowded. The reception area is quite small and opens up to the restaurant, which makes the place look even more crowded some times.
The rooms are very clean, spacious and well kept. All basic requirements in the room are done well.
The English breakfast in the restaurant has a good spread and ensures you can skip the lunch if required. It satisfies both vegetarian and non-vegetarian alike. The package in the hotel is really value for money.

Room Tip: Take a room on the other side of railway line, where it will be less noisy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

From the moment we arrived to when we left, everything was perfect. I read great reviews about the hotel and that's why we stayed together with the fact it was such a bargain! £70 for 2 nights in London was amazing.

If you're looking for a glamourous location, this isn't the hotel for you. its definatly not bad location, but near a petrol station and coach park and also next to a residential area. But if you are looking for a good quality, clean, comfortable, excellent sized bedrooms, outstanding bathroom, delicious and cheaply priced breakfast and exceptional customer service, this is the hotel for you.

Staying as a single parent with two children aged 4 and 6, I was apprehensive but excited about our stay in London. The journey from Bristol was easy (using maps on iPhone) and I had no trouble finding the hotel. A warm welcome awaited us, our room wasn't ready but I expected that as we arrived at midday, 2 or 3 hours before check in. It wasn't a problem as the man on reception ordered us a taxi to Stanmore station. Edgware was closed due to it being a bank holiday. The taxi ride cost £8 and took about 5 minutes. Stanmore station is the first station on the jubilee line which was perfect for us. We went straight to Westminster to see Big Ben! I used this station for the rest of our stay. The ride into London didn't take long, around 20 minutes.

After a tiring time and dinner in central London, the tube back was quick, a taxi office is at the station with a taxi there waiting. We got back to the hotel and checked in.

Wow! I've stayed in a lot of hotels but our room was one of the best especially for the money I paid. A bed big enough for all 3 of us to sleep in plus 2 pull out beds made up ready for us. We did all sleep in the massive bed after watching some tv on the well sized tv. It's was really comfy with perfect pillows and clean smelling linen.

Breakfast was amazing. I paid £7.95 per morning and both kids ate free. I did wonder if I would have to pay for one child as I was the only adult but I didn't. The waiter was great with the kids and they loved him. I stuffed myself and didn't need anything til dinner in the evening! The fruit salad was the best, mango, pineapple, melon, grapes! Mmmmmm!

I could go on, I have nothing bad to say about the place. I could say more good things but that would get boring!

All in all a fantastic hotel with friendly, polite, welcoming staff and exceptional, comfortable and clean rooms. Well worth a stay. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Wiksik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Edgware Hotel
#653 of 1,089 in London
Ramada South Mimms M25
Ramada South Mimms M25
#2 of 2 in South Mimms

Been to Ramada London North M1? Share your experiences!