“Worst Toby I've ever Visited”

Toby Carvery The Oaklands
Ranked #36 of 67 Restaurants in Borehamwood
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Oaklands Toby Carvery. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Borehamwood’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

First time visiting this particular Toby. Wasn't impressed. Had to wait 20 mins for a staff to even ask us if we wanted a table even though many of the staff had walked past us and blatantly ignored us. When we led to our table they had chosen one next to the bathrooms which is unhygienic so I asked us to be moved so they put us next to the back door where it was cold and cramped. Not one staff came to ask us for our drink order or even if we wanted anything off the menu. After 40 minutes of waiting I chased after a staff member. The ques when myself and my partner went up wasn't as bad as later that night so I'm thankful for that but the food choices weren't as great as a bigger toby. The vegetables were either over or under cooked and not enough choices.. no greens. My parner was given old burnt inedible beef and when asked for the new beef was given a tiny slither. The sauces weren't refiled in the 3 hours we were sitting there. My partner wanted cranberry sauce and yet again after waiting for so long looking out for a staff I had to chase after one and by then my partner was at the end of his meal and was disappointed. Now the waiting game again, good thing we didn't want desserts because we would never have got them. After waiting yet another 40 minutes or so in the cold part of the restaurant I chased another staff yet no bill appeared so we gave up and got on our coats and started to walk towards the bar to pay. At this point a staff came and asked if we were ok and we explained and he allowed us to pay and he said I hope you come back again.. we thought in our heads.. "Nope you wont".

Aldenham Toby Carvery and Worthing Toby Cavery are the only ones myself and my partner will go to in future.

Very disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Toby Carvery The Oaklands

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The staff were really pleasant and helpful, table was clean and not much of queue to get our meals. We had to evacuate during our meal for a fire alarm, but staff helped us to do this well, and quickly and even got our dessert orders right after the evacuation.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

we visited here on a Friday, the carvery was very good value plenty of meat on the plates, the staff worked very hard and kept on top of things, as it was very busy. they need a pat on the back for the good job they do. we will certainly eat here again when we are down in London.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

You can't book a group of 4 which means you can't walk in to a ready table like normal. Ove 35 minutes wait for table and then 20 minutes wait for starter. Massive queueing especially for carvery as only one chef. Wanted to celibrate my wife's birthday and eat at 6.30pm but finally left at 8.15pm. If you are cost driven then this is your place but don't go here if you want quality service. For first time ever I didn't leave a tip!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great carvery, we've been here on a number of occasions and the food has always been good. Hot, lots of choice and staff attentive. Good value for money too.