“Great for parents night out”

Borehamwood Tandori
Ranked #28 of 64 Restaurants in Borehamwood
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London
“Great for parents night out”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

24 of us went out for school parents' evening
Staff were v accommodating - happy to seat us all
Ordered table by table which made remembering who had ordered what a lot easier
Had a short wait for food - but they were cooking for 24....
Food was really tasty, plentiful and inexpensive.
best of all, not too greasy
Really good value.
Would have been easy to pay table by table as we had ordered, but it didn't matter hugely really.
Would recommend/use again
ruth

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank rha21

Reading, United Kingdom
“Good value & sevice”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the 1st time we had been to this restaurant and found it via our "tastecard" directory as we were going to the BBC studio's for a recording and wanted somewhere close by afterwards.

We called them in the evening to reserve a table for about 9.30 but unfortunately the recording did not finish until 10.15ish so we rushed over to them (10min drive) and found that although the kitchen was closing in 15min time they were more then happy to accommodate us.

As it was late we kept it simple with beers!! and my wife had the Chicken tikka masala and I the chicken tikka bhuna with pilau rice and poppadum's. Both the main courses were really flavoursome and most enjoyable. We would most certainly go back there again when next in the area as not only was the food excellent but also all the staff were very good even allowing for the lateness of our arrival.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul R
borehamwood
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been going to the Borehamwood Tandoori for years now.
It's always been excellent and tonight was as I expected and to the usual high standard.
They have a comprehensive menu, which I always peruse despite nearly always ordering the same thing!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank steven k
London
“One of the best”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Borehamwood Tandoori is a little off the beaten track, but it is well worth discovering.
The food is of a high quality, reasonably priced, and the menu is comprehensive.
The friendly service, particularly from the owner himself, is a major attraction.
He will always go the extra mile to make your visit an enjoyable experience.
This restaurant should be a lot busier than it actually is!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank grahil
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a regular of this restaurant for years. This is like a 'local Indian' for Borehamwood. If I am not mistaken, this restaurant has been here for over twenty five years. All these years, they have kept up excellent service.

Recently, few more curry houses opened in the locality. However, some of them have already gone out of business. And I heard that others are struggling big time. All my friends and family regularly visit Borehamwood Tandoori. None of us ever had any complaint. In fact, over the years, the owner of the restaurant and we became very good friends. This friendly and personalized atmosphere is one of key factors of success for this curry house.

As I have to travel very often because of my work, I had the opportunity of tasting foods from all around the country. But sincerely, of all the curry houses I have been to, this one would be one of the top ones. The taste of food has never been compromised and the service has always been more than excellent. If you want a relaxed and friendly dining experience after a long days work, this is the place to go. I would recommend this restaurant to everybody.

• Visited March 2013