“Z”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Food good and portions adequate but the restaurant becomes noisy when it is busy usually in evenings.Still worth a visit

1  Thank Tony R

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a family owned Italian restaurant. The food is of a very good quality and the menu choice is excellent too.

2  Thank AKxx70
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fantastic meal very friendly staff well worth a visit very pleasant brilliant cant fault any thing a visit is a must

2  Thank Lynda N
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Recommended to Zinco by our hotel in Borehamwood whilst we were down to watch our rugby team play at Wembley. We went on a Friday night, the restaurant was packed and the atmosphere was nice and buzy. We were shown to are table which was booked for ten of us straight away, we all had ice cold large peroni's and lots of garlic bread followed by various mains which everybody said were delicious and remarked on how large the portions were.
The waitress looked after us as we were drinking copious amounts of peroni although she was rushing around. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and hopefully our team will make it to Wembley again as we will have a good excuse to come back!!!

1  Thank Ruggers007
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My mum and I had lunch here before we went to see Strictly Come Dancing. We had booked a table and when we arrived we ordered our drinks and looked at the menu. My mum ordered SALMONE ALLA GRIGLIA (Grilled salmon steak topped with homemade herbed
butter, served with sautéed rosemary potatoes) and I ordered a PASTICCIO AL FORNO (Oven baked pasta tubes, meat ragù sauce, Italian sausage,topped with a creamy mozzarella, béchamel and parmesan sauce). We waited 45 minutes before the main courses arrived and still no sign of our drinks at this point so we had to ask again.
The salmon was the thinnest escalope I have ever seen and was very dry and over cooked. My pasta dish was really watery and there were 2 pieces of sausage on top. It was very disappointing and I didn't eat it.
When the drinks did arrive it was a can of coke which for a restuarant doesn't look good. The waiter cleared away and didn't even ask if everything was ok as I am sure he could see it wasn't.
The worst thing of all was whilst we were there they obviously burnt something in the kitchen and the whole restaurant stank - therefore Zinco Stinko.
Definitely one to avoid. Poor service and bad food.

1  Thank DorsetSunlover