“Always Pleasant.”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Always Pleasant.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice décor, very minimalist so not your average rustic or cosy Italian. This does mean that even as a large group, you’re unlikely to sit there for hours sipping away on the wine. The menu is well sized offering enough of a choice without being over bearing, some nice veggie options too. The food is consistently nice. Suitable for any occasion from business lunch to family evening meal or a large group of friends for a special occasion. Always worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank x_Zaza_x

kettering
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and first class service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I visited Zincos with family and found it to be a sociable occasion with excellent food. The staff were very friendly and eager to please. A very pleasant experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jennifer c
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in the area - I just keep coming back”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Normally I will find fault in 99% of restaurants - sad but true - but the food here is really superb, so I have to keep coming back. Their pastas especially are fantastic and really al dente (I'm half Italian and I can't STAND it any other way) - try the Spaghetti alla Siciliana - probably the best I've ever had - try it with a side order of zucchini fritti - amazing.

The fish is good too - the whole bream when they have it on the menu is amazing.

I have taken friends, family, even my entire staff at Christmas and it is consistently good. Where else can you say that?!

Some comments have been made about the service and I am a little surprised. I always found them to be very attentive. I even bring 2 year and 4 year old girls in and nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

Bruno the head waiter really 100% genuine Italian - I admit I was a little scared of him first time I came in - but he is an absolute gentleman, who loves kids and always has a joke and smile.

Could the décor be better? Sure, but do I want to pay extra for that? No! I am one of those people who demands value for money and I defy anyone to point out an Italian restaurant that is better value for money than Zinco.

Oh and TV chef Gino di Campo was in again last week. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me. Capice?!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank marcusdemaria
Paris, France
“Having gone to zinco”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

While we where on location in the area we where recommended to visit Zinco , we went for a business lunch and again on a Saturday night and found the food to be excellent.
On the days we went we found the staff very friendly and they actually spoke Italian !!!
i can only say that when we return to the area we will be visiting Zinco.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank nina p
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant with colleagues whilst working in Hertfordshire last week. We picked the restaurant as my colleague is a fan of Italian food and it was the closest Italian to our hotel. The restaurant was almost empty ( a few couples were eating out) when we walked in and we were greeted by an older man with grey hair whom we assumed was the manager due to his stern presence. We ordered food, I asked for salad and Salmon (not on the menu) however they did have salmon with potatoes and salad with beef so not too hard for the chef to adapt. The waitress was unimpressed and also informed us she just worked there and didn't know anything about the food! The actual food was lovely but both waitresses were rude, arrogant and unhelpful. The manager was very challenging and he clearly dictated to his staff and his attitude was passed down through the 'ranks' so to speak. I have never felt so awkward in a restaurant in my whole life and I eat out a lot due to working away a lot. I would never ever eat here again due to the awful and rude customer service - their only saving grace is the chef who knows how to cook decent food hence I gave them 2 stars. Oh and as an added note I was charged extra for my meal due to wanting salmon and not steak with salad (though I'm sure steak costs more to buy!) and a 10% service charge was sneakily added only to the bill - even though the service was awful!

• Visited June 2013