“Having gone to zinco”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Paris, France
“Having gone to zinco”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

While we where on location in the area we where recommended to visit Zinco , we went for a business lunch and again on a Saturday night and found the food to be excellent.
On the days we went we found the staff very friendly and they actually spoke Italian !!!
i can only say that when we return to the area we will be visiting Zinco.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank nina p

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant with colleagues whilst working in Hertfordshire last week. We picked the restaurant as my colleague is a fan of Italian food and it was the closest Italian to our hotel. The restaurant was almost empty ( a few couples were eating out) when we walked in and we were greeted by an older man with grey hair whom we assumed was the manager due to his stern presence. We ordered food, I asked for salad and Salmon (not on the menu) however they did have salmon with potatoes and salad with beef so not too hard for the chef to adapt. The waitress was unimpressed and also informed us she just worked there and didn't know anything about the food! The actual food was lovely but both waitresses were rude, arrogant and unhelpful. The manager was very challenging and he clearly dictated to his staff and his attitude was passed down through the 'ranks' so to speak. I have never felt so awkward in a restaurant in my whole life and I eat out a lot due to working away a lot. I would never ever eat here again due to the awful and rude customer service - their only saving grace is the chef who knows how to cook decent food hence I gave them 2 stars. Oh and as an added note I was charged extra for my meal due to wanting salmon and not steak with salad (though I'm sure steak costs more to buy!) and a 10% service charge was sneakily added only to the bill - even though the service was awful!

• Visited June 2013
South Yorkshire, UK
“Good food, shame about the service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It's a pity that there isn't just a 'good' rating as Zincos wavers between very good and downright average.

The food was very nice - although no separate children's menu so we ordered a starter sized portion of pasta for our daughter. The pizzas were large, hot and tasty.

The service - not good at all. We were asked for our drinks order when we were seated which was brought to us quickly - however had to ask several times for someone to come to take our food order. The waitress appeared to get confused when taking our order for some reason and took some repeating on our behalf - There were seven of us only ordering a main meal so not particularly taxing!

As there were two families in our party we asked if we could have two separate bills - the waitress said no and when we queried why the manager came over and huffily told us absolutely not. I'm not quite sure why this would have caused such difficulty....but there you go.

All in all it was a nice meal spoiled slightly by the standoffish service.

• Visited May 2013
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We go to Zinco's at least once a week as it is our local Italian restaurant. Their food is consistently good and the service is always attentive, we sometimes have a take away delivered if we can't make it and this too has always been delivered hot and good can highly recommend

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Anna C
“An absolute disgrace”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the worst restaurant we have visited in the past two years
Considering we eat out 5 nights a week.I had the "Special" of fish and chips.the fish was such a all portion I enquired if it was a "children's portion".The manner in which the manager dealt with my complaint was one of sheer contempt.This restaurant should be avoided at all costs.

• Visited May 2013