My husband and I had a 3 night break here in mid November. First impression of the building - a lovely old house with plenty of charachter set in nice grounds. Lovely log fire in the hallway and lots of lovely period features. The bedroom was functional as I expected from this type of hotel. Heating system very good as the weather was really cold. We ate in the small bar the was basic with a special board each day. Food well cooked and all the waiting staff, although young, were very polite and professional. Alan Todd was very personable - a friendly guy. The reception staff also very friendly and approachable. If you are taking a walk in the ground please beware of the sudden drop at the top of one of the paths. It is signed but would not recommend children running in this area. Overall a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw away from the Royal Burgh of Lanark, located in the Clyde Valley stands Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel. Completed in the late 1800's the hotel is the finest example of Sir John James Burnett's Baronial style of Scottish architecture and is a Grade A listed building. An hour's drive from Glasgow or Edinburgh, set in 19 acres of woodland, this 3 star hotel is virtually unchanged from its days as a splendid family mansion. Now the hotel serves as an excellent venue for business meetings, conferences, weddings and social events, each catered within a varied range of suites. Facilities accommodate gatherings for two or 250 guests, with ample free parking. Nearby attractions:-Falls of Clyde, Royal Burgh of Lanark, Roslyn Chapel (noted in the 'Da Vinci Code'), Lanark Loch, Clyde Valley Tourist Route, Tinto Hill, The Glenmuir Outlet. BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge - Large enough to cope - Small enough to care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lanark
- Cartland Bridge Country Hotel
- Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel Lanark, Scotland