Very polite, attentive staff, very professional. Imposing building, but was relieved I didn't end up in the room haunted by the ghost of a child. Room felt luxurious, lovely views from window, stunning building in lovely grounds. I went to a friend's party and the kitchen kindly made me a lovely snack of smoked salmon sandwiches. I wish I could have stayed at the hotel longer and was sad to leave early in the morning to travel home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw away from the Royal Burgh of Lanark, located in the Clyde Valley stands Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel. Completed in the late 1800's the hotel is the finest example of Sir John James Burnett's Baronial style of Scottish architecture and is a Grade A listed building. An hour's drive from Glasgow or Edinburgh, set in 19 acres of woodland, this 3 star hotel is virtually unchanged from its days as a splendid family mansion. Now the hotel serves as an excellent venue for business meetings, conferences, weddings and social events, each catered within a varied range of suites. Facilities accommodate gatherings for two or 250 guests, with ample free parking. Nearby attractions:-Falls of Clyde, Royal Burgh of Lanark, Roslyn Chapel (noted in the 'Da Vinci Code'), Lanark Loch, Clyde Valley Tourist Route, Tinto Hill, The Glenmuir Outlet. BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge - Large enough to cope - Small enough to care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lanark
- Cartland Bridge Country Hotel
- Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel Lanark, Scotland