“Delightful location”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lanark
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Delightful location”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited this hotel briefly, where tea and sandwiches were being served for a small family gathering after a nearby funeral service. It is situated in lovely woodland grounds and the building is very much your typical large traditional Scottish country house.

The staff were very pleasant and the service simple but efficient. It appeared to be an excellent place to drop in for a drink or meal. I am unable to assess the accommodation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robertduncan11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
How nice to read your review following your visit on what must have been a difficult day.
Thanks so much.
Robert Duncan. Cartland Bridge Large enough to cope - Small enough to care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed on business on the 28th June, I drove from Nottingham and was very impressed overall.
The location is beautiful, the gardens green and lush, nothing overlooking it, very quiet and little outside traffic.
Stunning building, I couldn't get over the decor and original features!
Staff on arrival were incredibly pleasant and helpful, and to arrive in my room to discover I had been upgraded form a single to a double was a lovely surprise!
I let them know I would be late back (around 2am) and the night porter was fully informed and was quite happy to welcome me back.
My room was clean, spacious and comfortable, I slept really well (albeit for 4 hours) before getting up to a non-cooked breakfast at 7am, (chef arrived at 8am but I was made aware of this the night before), but the choices of fruit, cereal, hot beverages, toast and spreads were plentiful, and all good quality!
Sad to leave but am happy to return, will book again for next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much. It was really good to read your review. The team here at Cartland will be well pleased that their dedication is appreciated by our all important guests. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back. Robert Duncan . General Manager. Cartland Bridge - Sometimes Equalled - But Never Beaten
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at The Carland Bridge Hotel for a two night break for my Birthday and travelled up from Liverpool by car. We were greeted at reception and made to feel very welcome. Our room 102 was very spacious and comfortable, over the two days the peace and quiet of this room made our stay very chilled. I was initially concerned it maybe too quiet, but after the week we both had in work it was just what we needed. The whole feel we had about this Hotel was relaxed and catered for our needs in every way. We had a meal on our first night which was good in portion size and excellent value for money. We both had a great night’s sleep in the King size bed. Breakfast was first class and certainly set us up for the day, we went to the Inn on the Loch for a coffee, and we also went to see New Lanark which is not to be missed. On our return we asked if the chef could rustle up some sandwiches and we were served with triple decker sandwiches and crisps which went down very nicely with a beer. Saturday night and we suited and booted for a visit to a local restaurant for my Birthday, on our return we had drinks and enjoyed pleasant conversation with the staff. We left for home the next day after another enjoyable breakfast and really wished we could stay for a few days extra. We have travelled up to Scotland many times now staying at some great Hotels but I have to admit that The Carland Bridge Hotel topped them all in every way. We would highly recommend this hotel to our friends and would certainly love to go back when we get back up to Scotland again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertduncan11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Wow. Thank you so much for a fantastic review following your stay. The team will be overjoyed to read it. It really makes all of our efforts worthwhile. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again. Robert Duncan. General Manager. Cartland Bridge - Where People Matter.
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Fabulous hotel set in beautiful surroundings.This was a company booking for my week long business visit to nearby Hamilton, 15miles away. Due to Robbie Williams being in concert all hotels closer were fully booked. Nice one Robbie as it meant I discovered a wonderful place to stay.The staff are very well presented and are polite,friendly and always helpful, The room was very nice and clean, on the larger size than your average double room, and I must mention the comfiest bed ever. Had trouble dragging myself from it.Wi-fi is free and with great connection. TV reception is poor but why would you need a TV here in these surroundiungs. Now as for the food, I just wish I did'nt get full so I could eat more, and thats from someone married to a qualified head chef for 20+ years.
I intend to return with my wife for a weekend break here as it is a perfect retreat for peace and quiet. Thank you all for a lovely stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Robertduncan11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Robbie Williams was always a favourite of mine. Thanks very much for your great review.
I am pleased that you found us and we look forward to your return. I shall most certainly pass on your comments and the team will be overjoyed to have their efforts appreciated. Thanks again.
Robert Duncan. General Manager. Cartland Bridge - Probably the best kept secret in Lanarkshire
Chobham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Cartland Bridge whilst attending my cousins funeral on Tuesday 25th June. The hotel is tidy and well presented and I would advise anyone staying in the area to use it. Unfortunately due British Airways delivering us a little later than expected to Edinburgh Airport we did not arrive at the hotel until after 9.00pm. I was amazed to discover that the restaurant had closed for the evening at 9.00pm and that all of the kitchen staff had gone home for the evening. In such a circumstance room service could have filled the gap but unfortunately that was only available between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. We resorted to smuggling fish and chips in from the local excellent chippy. Elvis's if you get stuck. Considering I paid over £100 for a room I would have expected better service than this. Additionally the picture quality on the TV in the room was very poor. If the management can sort these basic issues then the hotel need not be avoided in future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robertduncan11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank youfor your comments. Cartland Bridge is a small 18 bedroomed country house hotel. We begin serving food at 7.00A.M with breakfast and continue serving all day until 21.00 Hrs. This is 5 days per week. At a weekend we start the same process at 8.00A.M. I believe that this 14 and 13 hour food window 365 days per year to be quite sufficient and reasonable. I am sorry that your flight was delayed and that the kitchen was closed. Regards Robert Duncan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is a fabulous house with beautiful surroundings. I had organised a small retirement dinner and we spent a lovely evening, starting with a drinks reception in their conservatory, followed by a dinner in one of their function rooms. From my initial contact with the hotel to the last moments of our event I could not fault anything. The General Manager and all the staff could not have been more helpful throughout the entire process. The function food was lovely and the service excellent during the whole evening. A very successful event enjoyed by everyone who attended. I would certainly recommend this as a venue to anyone and will definitely consider using this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much. It was great to read your very kind comments. The whole team at Cartland does try really hard to over deliver on guest expectations.
Thanks again. Robert Duncan. Cartland Bridge - Large enough to cope - Small enough to care
Swansea
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful hotel in superb grounds-just like staying in a National Trust country house, very helpful staff , great food at a reasonable price, very nice en suite room with a comfy bed but television reception was poor other than Sky but we don't watch Sky not really complaining just making up to 200 characters I did submit some nice photos but trip advisor rejected them??????????

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertduncan11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review following your recent stay here at the Cartland Bridge.
It is very encouraging to us all to read such comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future. Robert. Cartland Bridge - Perhaps the best kept secret in Lanarkshire.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
New Lanark Mill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Carnwath
Cornhill Castle Hotel
Cornhill Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coulter

Been to BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!