We visited this hotel briefly, where tea and sandwiches were being served for a small family gathering after a nearby funeral service. It is situated in lovely woodland grounds and the building is very much your typical large traditional Scottish country house.
The staff were very pleasant and the service simple but efficient. It appeared to be an excellent place to drop in for a drink or meal. I am unable to assess the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw away from the Royal Burgh of Lanark, located in the Clyde Valley stands Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel. Completed in the late 1800's the hotel is the finest example of Sir John James Burnett's Baronial style of Scottish architecture and is a Grade A listed building. An hour's drive from Glasgow or Edinburgh, set in 19 acres of woodland, this 3 star hotel is virtually unchanged from its days as a splendid family mansion. Now the hotel serves as an excellent venue for business meetings, conferences, weddings and social events, each catered within a varied range of suites. Facilities accommodate gatherings for two or 250 guests, with ample free parking. Nearby attractions:-Falls of Clyde, Royal Burgh of Lanark, Roslyn Chapel (noted in the 'Da Vinci Code'), Lanark Loch, Clyde Valley Tourist Route, Tinto Hill, The Glenmuir Outlet. BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge - Large enough to cope - Small enough to care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lanark
- Cartland Bridge Country Hotel
- BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel Lanark, Scotland