Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel
Tinto Hotel(Biggar)
Strathaven Hotel(Strathaven)
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
View Hotel
All reviewstv receptionwestern hotelsfor sunday lunchstately homebeautiful buildinglisted buildingwedding receptioncountry houselocal producelovely hotelfirst classvery comfortable roomnight portercouldn't do enoughthe hotel managerchristmas daybar meals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Fabulous hotel set in beautiful surroundings.This was a company booking for my week long business visit to nearby Hamilton, 15miles away. Due to Robbie Williams being in concert all hotels closer were fully booked. Nice one Robbie as it meant I discovered a wonderful place to stay.The staff are very well presented and are polite,friendly and always helpful, The room was very nice and clean, on the larger size than your average double room, and I must mention the comfiest bed ever. Had trouble dragging myself from it.Wi-fi is free and with great connection. TV reception is poor but why would you need a TV here in these surroundiungs. Now as for the food, I just wish I did'nt get full so I could eat more, and thats from someone married to a qualified head chef for 20+ years.
I intend to return with my wife for a weekend break here as it is a perfect retreat for peace and quiet. Thank you all for a lovely stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Robertduncan11, General Manager at Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Robbie Williams was always a favourite of mine. Thanks very much for your great review.
I am pleased that you found us and we look forward to your return. I shall most certainly pass on your comments and the team will be overjoyed to have their efforts appreciated. Thanks again.
Robert Duncan. General Manager. Cartland Bridge - Probably the best kept secret in Lanarkshire

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Cartland Bridge whilst attending my cousins funeral on Tuesday 25th June. The hotel is tidy and well presented and I would advise anyone staying in the area to use it. Unfortunately due British Airways delivering us a little later than expected to Edinburgh Airport we did not arrive at the hotel until after 9.00pm. I was amazed to discover that the restaurant had closed for the evening at 9.00pm and that all of the kitchen staff had gone home for the evening. In such a circumstance room service could have filled the gap but unfortunately that was only available between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. We resorted to smuggling fish and chips in from the local excellent chippy. Elvis's if you get stuck. Considering I paid over £100 for a room I would have expected better service than this. Additionally the picture quality on the TV in the room was very poor. If the management can sort these basic issues then the hotel need not be avoided in future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Robertduncan11, General Manager at Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank youfor your comments. Cartland Bridge is a small 18 bedroomed country house hotel. We begin serving food at 7.00A.M with breakfast and continue serving all day until 21.00 Hrs. This is 5 days per week. At a weekend we start the same process at 8.00A.M. I believe that this 14 and 13 hour food window 365 days per year to be quite sufficient and reasonable. I am sorry that your flight was delayed and that the kitchen was closed. Regards Robert Duncan

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is a fabulous house with beautiful surroundings. I had organised a small retirement dinner and we spent a lovely evening, starting with a drinks reception in their conservatory, followed by a dinner in one of their function rooms. From my initial contact with the hotel to the last moments of our event I could not fault anything. The General Manager and all the staff could not have been more helpful throughout the entire process. The function food was lovely and the service excellent during the whole evening. A very successful event enjoyed by everyone who attended. I would certainly recommend this as a venue to anyone and will definitely consider using this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much. It was great to read your very kind comments. The whole team at Cartland does try really hard to over deliver on guest expectations.
Thanks again. Robert Duncan. Cartland Bridge - Large enough to cope - Small enough to care

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful hotel in superb grounds-just like staying in a National Trust country house, very helpful staff , great food at a reasonable price, very nice en suite room with a comfy bed but television reception was poor other than Sky but we don't watch Sky not really complaining just making up to 200 characters I did submit some nice photos but trip advisor rejected them??????????

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertduncan11, General Manager at Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review following your recent stay here at the Cartland Bridge.
It is very encouraging to us all to read such comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future. Robert. Cartland Bridge - Perhaps the best kept secret in Lanarkshire.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and it's a beautiful place in a great location. I had my dinner and then asked about the history at reception and was greeted by some brilliant staff. I found out some fantastic info and had a personal tour of the 'Captain's Room' and was upgraded to the 'dolls room'. These rooms are supposedly haunted and from the video's that i recorded i wasn't disappointed! If you like a good ghost story and want to know what it feels like to be in an active spiritual environment then this is place to be. I will be definitely coming back soon as the staff are very accomodating and have a lot of time for their guests.

Thanks for a great stay.

Andrew Shaw

Room Tip: If you like the paranormal, book room 11 but the whole place is active.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Robertduncan11, General Manager at Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Spooky. I had a feeling that this review was going to come in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much. These positive reviews do mean such a lot to the whole team and make our hard work so worthwhile. Thanks again. Robert. Cartland Bridge - Where the past and the future count.