“Excellent Staff and hotel.”

New Lanark Mill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lanark
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went to the ceilidh on Friday, we were nearly 2 hours late, but Rachel kept our meal hot and ready for us.
Had a meal on the Saturday and it was beautiful, again the waitress was extremely nice and friendly. Paul the barman was again very helpful (and makes good cocktails!).
Hotel itself is clean modern and in amazing surroundings.
The only issue we had was when trying to ring through to reception, tried for 3 hours and left 4 messages but nobody returned our call (though I don't think this is the hotels issue, just the company that answers the phones).
I would of listed as excellent if not for the phone issue, but I will hopefully be back next year and hope to see this rectified.

Room Tip: Ask for a River view if possible :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was our fifth visit to this lovely hotel and we were not disappointed. The whole place is so relaxing and the staff make you feel really special. The Spa with pool, sauna, steam room and gym is just the place to start your day or in fact anytime of day to unwind and then go and enjoy a drink and fabulous food in the bar or restaurant. Loved the refurbishment of bar and restaurant.
My husband was born in Lanark so the hotel and the heritage village holds many magical memories for us and our family. The rooms in the hotel are of a very good size and cosy and warm with all you need for a great stay. If you love peace and quiet, relaxation, gorgeous views of the raging River Clyde with a backdrop of beautiful trees this is the place for you. Just one more mention for the staff, they are really special and obviously happy in their work and it shone through well done New Lanark Hotel we shall return.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with river view however if you are a light sleeper perhaps the river noise may k...
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights mid September to attend a friends wedding. We arrived on a Friday at 5.30ish and the reception area was in full swing with another wedding which was taking place. I felt as though we were intruding a little. The receptionist was not too friendly. Our room was set up as a twin although we requested a double. This was quickly rectified once reported.. By zipping beds together. The room was large and over looked the river, a beautiful view and lovely to hear the river flowing. The rooms are a little dated but I think it keeps in with the theme of the hotel. Tidied daily with fresh towels.
All meals we had in the hotel were excellent, breakfast, room service for lunch and the wedding meal itself.
The staff were all fabulous, friendly and efficient ( with the exception of the girl who checked us in..first impressions not too good).
The grounds of this hotel are gorgeous, although we didn't have time to fully look around we would like to come back to explore some more.
All of the reception rooms for the wedding were excellent, the hotel certainly know how to manage a wedding.
The hotel has a gym, pool and spa which are well maintained and worth a visit.
I would recommend this hotel and I will return, hopefully soon. There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
I would have given 5 stars, but the check in experience wasn't impressive and there is no phone reception anywhere in or around the hotel which is great to get away from it all but I need to keep in contact with my children when I am away so this was not suitable for me.
All in all we have a great weekend!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Once again a wonderful experience in the waterhouses (apart from the Victorian experience shower on the first morninemotionalkidding John, it was sorted straight away :-)})
Waterhouse 8 is fantastic, as are all the others we have been in to be honest. Only no.1 to try out!
We are really looking forward to our return trip at New Year.Thank you to all the staff for a great break during an emotional time.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 27, 2013

What great hotel this the staff the food the bars and swimming pool all great, the area for walking is brill nice walk up the river Clyde but best of was the food 5 star food in a 3 star hotel a must place to visit.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to wrtie a review on Tripadvisor sharing your experience of our hotel. We very much appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you backn in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I attended a wedding here on Sunday 24th November in the Robert Owen Room, which is recently refurbished. We had a lovely server called Katie who attended to our every need, very smiley girl and was all round fantastic waitress. Along with the other stuff who were friendly and welcoming, the food was exceptional and loved every minute of our stay.

Me and my husband are planning on another overnight stay for next year (2014) and most certainly will be back! also a very beautiful heritage site and will recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to New Lanark Mill Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time at your friends wedding. It is always a pleasure to read a review that poinst out particular staff members. I am very pleased to read that Katie looked after you well and attended to your needs. I have already passed your review onto her and congratulated her on doing such a good job.

Once again thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Waterside Apartments day before our wedding. Lovely and very comfortable for all of us. The roof top gardens are wonderful had our wedding pictures taken there, Wedding was amazing and the meal was excellent. 1st class service and staff very professional at all times. Smartly dressed and very polite. Asset to the hotel. Our overall experience was excellent, wee niggles on the day but got sorted but didn't ruin our day. Would highly recommend anyone getting married and if you love the countryside and into all the history and heritage centre. Look into New Lanark Mill Hotel for wedding venue .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing the experience of your wedding day on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that on the whole you had an amazing time and that you would not hesitate to recommend us. It was a pleasure having been given the opportunity to look after you on your special day so thank you very much indeed for choosing New Lanark Mill Hotel. Thank you also for your support throughout, we really do appreciate this.

Please be assured that I have passed your review onto the team and I know that they too appreciate your kind words.

In the meantime, may I wish you both a very long and happy marriage together. Please do not heaitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance and once again thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

John Stirrat

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coulter
The Kirkstyle Hotel
The Kirkstyle Hotel
#1 of 4 in Biggar

Been to New Lanark Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!