New Lanark Mill Hotel
$122
Tinto Hotel(Biggar)
TripAdvisor
2,164 results
All reviewsold millheritage siteheritage centreleisure facilitiesrobert owenfirst classself cateringstunning locationcotton millshort breaklovely hotelview of the riverwell worth a visitnight breakrelaxing breakroom was largestrawberries
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel and our expectations were well and truly exceeded. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable and well equipped. We had a brilliant view of the River Clyde from the room and the sound of running water was very soothing. We ate in the bar on our first night and the food was excellent! (The fish pie was first class!). Breakfast was cooked to order so was hot and very tasty. There was a lot of choice from a full Scottish breakfast to a good selection of continental meats. The location is beautiful in the historic village of New Lanark which has been very carefully restored over many years. There is a path alongside the river which leads to The Falls of the Clyde which are well worth the effort. I would happily recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cassi0piea
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a very favourable review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations. Our team work hard on a daily basis and our main aim is to strive and exceed the expectations of our guests so I am extremely happy that we achieved our aim.

Your comments about breakfast are especially welcomed. We have put a great deal of effort into improving our breakfast offering in terms of selection, quality and speed of service. I have passed your comments onto the breakfast team and please be assured that they appreciate your feedback.

I certainly hope that you will consider staying with us again at some point in the future. Untill then, thank you once again for your very kind words and for awarding us a 5 star rating on Tripadvisor. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in the New Lanark Mill whilst attending a wedding. reception

The room was a reasonable size, clean and comfortable. The view of the river from the room was lovely.

We ate in the bar for a late lunch and the food was very good. Portions were huge though so we wouldn't bother with a starter next time. The drinks were reasonably priced. The breakfast was good, there was a continental buffet and a menu for hot food.

We used the leisure facilities which are very modern and clean.

The receptionist on check in was a bit dour and didn't make any pleasantries or provide any information. It was busy so perhaps she was having an off day.

Would stay again, the hotel was good value for money and a good base for exploring the Clyde Valley and surrounding areas if you are not local.

1  Thank lyndseyEK

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would certainly consider returning again in the future. We do pride ourselves on our central location as we are easily accessible to all areas of Lanarkshire, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I'm pleased to hear that you were satisfied by your dining experience in the bar and also at breakfast. Our Head Chef is committed to serving quality dishes at reasonable prices and we are happy to accept all feedback.

In relation to the receptionist who could have been more pleasant. I'm sorry that you experienced someone who was perhaps having an off day. Please be assured that this is not acceptable and I have already spoken to my Reception Manager. Our front desk staff are our first contact for guests and they should at all times be polite, friendly and helpful. I'm sorry if one of them failed to be like this.

Overall you have enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience on the internet.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My daughter held her wedding here recently and we had a fantastic day. As well as enjoying glorious weather and of course a fabulous location, the whole event was run seamlessly by Manager John Stirrat and his staff. Almost all of the wedding party stayed overnight and all commented on the quality of the accommodation. The rooms, especially the suites, are spacious, clean and have everything you could possibly need. The reception meal was well presented and enjoyed by all and throughout the day the staff were attentive, efficient and helpful. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I'm sure quite a few of our guests will be returning to the hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BriggsGlasgow

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a very favourable review of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your daughters recent wedding at New Lanark Mill Hotel. I am delighted to receive such positive feedback on behalf of my team.

We strive on every occasion to exceed our guests expectations and particularly so when we have been given the honour of hosting a wedding. With so many guests in attendance we know that we must get it right not only to impress our bride & groom but also their family and friends too. It does appear that we have been able to do that. Thank you for sharing this experience on the internet.

We were delighted to look after everyone on the day and I am pleased that my team worked hard to produce a seamless day.

I certainly hope to see you return in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. Once again thank you greatly for your kind words and for awarding us a 5 star review. It is very much appreciated by everyone at New Lanark Mill Hotel.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was our second visit to the New Lanark Mill. We had booked a double room through Superbreaks, but unfortunately when we arrived the hotel could only accommodate us in a twin as all their doubles had been taken up with a wedding party.

Bearing in mind we had been before, I asked for a quiet room as I know the wedding functions can be really noisy and the function room is below the bedrooms. I also know that although it can be requested it can't always be supported. Unfortunately for us, we ended up in room 2 which must be directly above the dance floor and the band.....I'm sure it would be easier to make sure that anyone attending the wedding would be offered these rooms first, as there are plenty of rooms further from the function room??
Anyway, we spent the night listening to the band from our room with no hope of sleep until they finished. The band were excellent by the way......

On the plus side, the rooms are of good size and clean enough, and the hotel itself is in a lovely setting.

The breakfast is a combination of buffet and a cooked breakfast can be ordered if you prefer. The staff in the restaurant are well organised and efficient.

Just don't expect a relaxing time if you go at a weekend.

Room Tip: A quiet room if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. Although it does appear that you enjoyed your stay, you are of course correct to mention the fact that your room could have been located further away from the function room. We always try to enusre that non- wedding guests are allocated rooms away from the function suite and normally we do manage this very well. I am very sorry that on this occasion we failed to do that for you. Please accept my sincere apologies.

As you know we do try hard to provide a high level of service and apart from the location of your bedroom I certainly hope that you experienced this throughout the other areas of the hotel.

I will pass your positive comments onto the team in relation to the efficiency of the waiting staff in our restaurant. We are just about to embark on a full refurbishment of our restaurant so I do hope that you will return in the future to sample the new dining experience.

Although we do host many weddings throughout the year, there are also many weekends when we don't have a wedding on so please do not allow this to stop you from returning. We would be willing to inform you of those dates so that you could plan a return visit. Alternatively we would ensure that your room was at the furthest distance away from our function room.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you once again for sharing your experience and for awarding us a credible 4 star rating on Tripadvisor. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the hotel for a recent family wedding, the rooms were stunning- large and spacious with a beautifully decorated wood panelled bathroom that was again very large in size and well equipped with everything you could need including a hair dyer and towel heater. Our room had brilliant view that overlooked the River Clyde that runs beside the hotel, you can take a walk down by the river there is a footpath that runs beside the hotel.

Breakfast was included in the room price and included a very impressive continental buffet as well as a hot breakfast cooked to order. The food was delicious and very fresh.

If you are in the Lanark area I would definitely recommend this hotel, however just be aware that as it is a listed building things such as double glazing and air conditioning are not to be found in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river.
1  Thank Smileycat13

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a very favourable review of our hotel on tripadvisor following your recent stay and for awarding us 5 star. We very much appreciate your positive feedback and kind words. I have already passed your review onto the team and they too are very appreciative of your words.

We do try very hard to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay so I am very happy to read that you did and that you would recommend us. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising for us and referrals from friends and family who have already visited mean a huge amount to us.

I certainly hope that I will be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and once again thank you for your very kind words.