“Excellent”

New Lanark Mill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lanark
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Exceptionally good hotel, staff were great, room lovely and clean, restaurant was very good and waiting staff very friendly and helpfull.Went with 3 other couples and everyone was very happy with their rooms and the facilities, all of our rooms had nice outlooks especially the ones looking on to the river.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for writing a very favourable review of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with friends and family at New Lanark. I'm delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and that you shared your experience on the internet. We very much appreciate your kind words and hope that you will return in the very near future.

Once again thank you for awarding us a 5 star review and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at new Lanark Mill Hotel mid October for a 3 night break, dinner, bed and breakfast. The hotel was great, the staff friendly and helpful as always. The quality of food was excellent well presented and tasted delicious. Full marks must go to new chef, Lindsey and her Team. While on our visit John Stirrat, General Manager showed us round one of the newly refurbished water houses, we were most impressed with the beautiful decor and lovely river views, we hope to try this out next year. We always enjoy the Spa facilities and treatments. We look forward to our next visit. The visitors centre is well worth going to see.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, spacious and clean with a superb view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you once again for writing a very favourable review of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark. You are a very loyal customer to us and we very much appreciate the support you have shown to us throughout the year.

I'm glad you liked the Waterhouse and hope that you will experience a stay in one of our cottages at somepoint in the future. I know you love staying in the hotel but I'm sure you will be equally as pleased with the Waterhouse.

Once again thank you for your 5 star review and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We very much look forward to welcoming you back once again to the St Andrews night Ceilidh at the end of the month.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just back from staying at the New Lanark Mill Hotel.
Stayed there for a 3 night break, dinner bed and breakfast. Hotel was just great everything in the room was just what you needed,clean tidy and spacious.Views of the river lovely. Staff were so helpful- Food was brilliant- every meal we had was beautifully cooked and presented. Location of the Hotel was super -went on a walk along the river the first day to see the Falls of Clyde- beautiful. Heritage centre was very good too. Leisure facilities in the Hotel were very good also.
We will definately be back to visit. Cant fault our stay in any way. A lovely break just what we were needing, so relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark. Overall it looks like you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and that you were able to take in all the services and faciliites that are availabel to our guest at New Lanark.

It is always such a great pleasure to receive feedback that is positive and which gives praise not only to our facilities but also to the staff. Please be assured that I will pass your review onto the team as I know they will also appreciate you taking the time to write the review.

Once again thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to New Lanark in the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

decent room with superb river view, lots of parking. Staff very good and an excellent range of facilities - enjoyed both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Prices not too bad. I'd be happy to return.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will ensure the team are given the opportunity to read your review.

I hope that you will return once again in the future and in the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my husband and parents for a two night Robert Owen Heritage weekend break . The hotel was very comfortable and the accessibility throughout the hotel and the heritage site in which the hotel is set was brilliant. The wet room facility in my parents bedroom (an accessible room) was excellent for my mum who is in a wheelchair. All staff from point of check in to check out were very attentive without being overly fussy. Mum commented that she felt like a human being once more not a spectacle The food at all meals was of a very high standard and served in an efficient manner. We have stayed in many hotels on a DBB rate and at last a hotel that gives access to almost all of the dinner menu without having to pay supplements Hurrah !!! An excellent weekend, brilliant value and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a very favourable review on tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. I'm so pleased to read especially that your mum had a lovely time and that she was made to feel like a normal human being. We strive very hard to ensure all of our guests are treated in the same way.

Thank you for your comments relating to dinner. It is good to hear this has we have recently introduced a new dinner menu. I will pass your comments onto Chef.

I'm delighted that you chose the Owen's Heritage Package too. This is a very popular package and the complimentary tickets to the Visitor Centre go down well.

Once again thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience on the internet. On behalf of the team thank you for choosing New Lanark Mill Hotel and I look forward to wlecoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent a weekend there with my wife on a deal.Excellent value and a really unique location.
Its worth a stay for the location alone,great easy local walks and views of the local area.
Food was simple but very nice for dinner and breakfast,only downside being that they seemed to run out of some items on the menu very early in the evening.

Our room was very big if a little dated but very comfortable.

I would recommend this to anyone for a short break if you can get a deal.

Lovely spot.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay at New Lanark. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I certainly hope to see you return in the future.

Please accept my apologies if some of our dishes ran out quickly early in the night. There is no excuse for this but please be assured it hasn't happened since and it normally doesn't. We had not long introduced our new menu and because of the popularity of certain dishes the night before we were caught short.

Overall it does appear that you had an enjoyable weekend and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'm trying hard to think of something different to say from the other excellent reviews and it's not easy as all the superlatives have been used up!
The long drive in poor weather was immediately forgotten with our arrival in Reception. We were made very welcome by an attentive staff. The self catering apartment was well-appointed, comfortable, warm and very clean. The kitchen area had everything you could want, including washing machine and dishwasher. The bedroom was down a steep flight of stairs (you were warned of this on the website) and was roomy with an enormous double bed. We awoke the next morning to a magnificent view across the River Clyde to breathtaking autumnal colours of the gorge beyond.
Meals were taken in the Bar, and I could not fault the service we received from the staff who were efficient, attentive and friendly.
I believe that the quality of service is a reflection of Management policy. After all, it is Management that choose staff, train them and monitor their progress. It is interesting to note that both in the hotel and the visitor centre, the staff gave the impression of thoroughly enjoying their work. Also, in these reviews, the manager takes the trouble to read them, reply and act upon the comments where necessary. Well done.
My only complaint. The initial view of the Gorge whilst driving down was so spectacular I missed the turn off to the hotel and ended up in the public car park. According to the dog-walking local I talked to there, this was quite common!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel following your recent stay at New Lanark. As the Hotel Manager it is important for me to receive feedback from all of our guests as I do try my best to react to anything which isn't quite right. This is the only way that we can continue to improve upon our service and facilities. The training of staff is always a top priority and we constantly review the performance of departments and indivduals, not only for the benefit of our guests but also for the personal development of each member of the team. I am delighted that my staff were attentive, friendly and efficient to you throughout your stay. It is always a pleasure to hear this as we do put an emphasis on customer service through the training of our team. This shows that our efforts are paying off, so thank you for recognising this and sharing your experience on the internet.

I'm also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Waterhouse Cottage and that it had all the facilities you could ask for. This cottage has recently been refurbished so its good to hear positive feedback on that too.

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for your kind words. We appreciate this very much and we hope to see you return again. If you require any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

John Stirrat

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel
Cornhill Castle Hotel
Cornhill Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coulter
Mercure Peebles Barony Castle Hotel

Been to New Lanark Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!