“A wonderful Hotel in stunning surroundings!”

New Lanark Mill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lanark
Reviewed October 12, 2012

What a delight to find John Stirrat, the General Manager waiting to greet us as our coach arrived at the New Lanark Mill Hotel. His warm welcome and that of his staff ensured that we were all going to have a wonderful holiday.
The rooms are spacious and airy with incredibly comfortable beds, ultra white cotton bedding and fluffy duvets. Sufficient supplies of complimentary refreshments. The bathroom also had full sized branded products. All of the bedrooms are on floors 5 & 6, which is not a problem as you enter the hotel on floor 2 and the lifts are excellent and reliable. We were in room 7 and it afforded outstanding views of the Clyde.
The quality of the food was excellent, and the menu selection more than met the needs of everybody in our party.
The Spa was first rate and free use of the hotels swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam Room was an added bonus. The fitness room was also very well equipped, albeit I did not try it for my self.
Residents can obtain a 25% discount. The Heritage Centre has a great deal to offer and so a bad weather day need never be a wasted day. On site is the Edinburgh Woollen Mill Shop, a Gift Shop and a Restaurant. The walks around the hotel are exceptional and breathtaking.
I would not hesitate to recommend the New Lanark Mill Hotel to anybody. The General Manager fully embraces the need need to deliver outstanding levels of customer service. He is not afraid to work along side his staff and has the respect if his staff. This ensures that each guest benefits as the staff in the hotel are keen to serve. Well done John, we've already booked for next year and look forward to our return.

• Stayed: October 2012
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you once again for writing such a favourable review of our hotel following your recent stay. I very much appreciate your kind words and know that this is not your first time in providing such positive feedback.

I'm delighted that you have provided such a detailed review of our hotel as this shares your positive experience with potential new guests. This feedback is very valuable to us and helps to promote our services to a larger audience. Thank you for your loyal support and praise.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back next year, so until then if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again thank you for your very kind words.

There are newer reviews for New Lanark Mill Hotel

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stopped over here briefly whilst in the area for work. Only stayed one night, but I would defintely go back there for a much longer stay.
The hotel is clean and spciaous with an excellent menu. The staff were polite and helpful,, adn I stayed in Clyde Suite, which had incredible views and an extremely comfy bed.
I used the swimming pool, the sauna and the steam room, which were all clean and up to date.
I felt extremely relaxed and I enjoyed my stay immensely.

Room Tip: Clyde Suite. Best views, lovely bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I'm delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay at our hotel following your recent business trip. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor and please be assured that this is very much appreciated.

It's very encouraging to read that you would consider coming back in the future for a longer stay. If i can be of any assistance in relation to this please do not hesitate to contact me.

In the meantime, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to New Lanark in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a surprise stay from my wife, as we only stay in Edinburgh I wasn't too sure what to expect but I was very impressed. As the room we were in only had a shower we were upgraded to a suite which was fantastic. The food and accommodation could not be faulted the area is very interesting and a pleasant place to go for a walk along the Clyde and visit the museum. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I just wanted to thank you personally for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. I'm delighted that you were impressed by our facilities and certainly hope to see you return in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My (new) wife and I recently had our wedding at New Lanark Mill Hotel. From the moment we booked the venue for our wedding to the big day itself, we experienced excellent service and communication. The setting is beautiful, full of character and the staff couldn't do enough for us on the day. The meal was one of the best I have ever had... in fact, everyone who attended our wedding is still raving about the food weeks after the event. We feel that New Lanark Mill Hotel was the perfect setting for what turned out to be a perfect wedding. Can't recommend it highly enough and we intend on returning to spend a few days over Christmas here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DG_1886
Reviewed October 1, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the New Lanark Mill Hotel we were met with friendly and obviously happy staff ...

John, the GM, was there to welcome us and make sure everything was in order.

Nothing was too much trouble ... whether printing boarding passes, ordering a taxi, arranging breakfast early to accommodate an early flight ....

The room was spacious, comfortable, with fab views of the beautiful heritage site ...

There have been only a handful of hotels I have stayed in recently which I would give full thumbs up to ... this is one of them. I will be back and can't recommend this highly enough.

Thankyou to John Stirratt and his lovely staff! No wonder you are award nominees!!! You deserve to be. Caroline

Room Tip: Room 32 was amazing!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here purposefully to visit the World Heritage Site, and were very satisfied with our experience. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful and their attitude enhanced our entire experience. The rooms are well-presented, spacious and clean. The food , both for the evening meal and the breakfast, was good. All in all, very good value and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Book early, in order to ensure a river view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just back from a one night stay with my parents and partner. This was our first visit and certainly won't be our last. It is clearly a well managed and run hotel. Cannot fault any aspect of the place.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, Douglas in the bar and Rachal from reception (I think that is the correct name) are assets to the business, brilliant service from both. The bedrooms are very comfortable and clean with priceless views of the river. Relaxing isn't the word!! The beds I must admit were one of the best I have slept in to date. The tea tray had hot chocolate which is always a cheeky little bonus. They rooms are well maintained to a high standard.

Had the steak and haggis pie in the bar and was out of this world. I don't normally have dinner in hotels but after how good the food was and the service, I would gladly eat again here. Breakfast, yet again, suberb choice and quick service.

Health club is fantastic, you also get 25% off New Lanark with being a guest and the walks right on the door step are great. So overall, I HIGHLY recommend the place. At only £59 a night, I think you are getting plenty for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Grahamfind
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coulter
Macdonald Crutherland House
Macdonald Crutherland House
#5 of 7 in East Kilbride

Been to New Lanark Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!