“A real blast”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A real blast”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I did a half day white water rafting event here with a group of gay men. We all had a great time, with a brief but concise training session before hitting the water.

1 Thank Bookrover
B L, Manager at The National Whitewater Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Hi Bookrover,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is greatly appreciated. It is a fantastic activity to do with a group of you, so I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves! Hopefully we will see you back at the centre in the future!

Winsford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Riding the Rapids”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just had a fantastic taster session white river rafting at Bala. George our guide made us very aware of how to behave, but at the same time I felt very safe and in capable hands. The area was beautiful and I spent some time just admiring the walks and water, and watching others who went before me. I also had the best bacon buttie ever. Really enjoyed the experience, yet another tick off my list of things to do! Hope to return with friends. I had to go solo today, but met some lovely people to share a raft with, but the centre caters for all ages, although restrictions seem to apply for under 10's i think.
Claire Cheshire

Hi Claire,
We will let Manon know that you enjoyed your bacon buttie, she will be ever so pleased! I'm glad you had a fantastic time rafting with us, and that you admired the beautiful countryside as well. Thank you for your lovely review and all the best with your 'to do list'!
Cumbria
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great white water and great walk.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We discovered this center whilst out on a drive in this area.We are a little old for rafting now but had a good look around and it looked a very good set-up.We were tempted . The river is enhanced by a release of water form the reservoir above at certain times of the day creating a 3/4 rated white-water experience. Very exciting. We took the nature walk up the river and later to the great dam and reservoir above .Made a lovely walk with much to see and enjoy.

There is a small cafe at the center but very limited concerning what is available.
We much enjoyed our visit..

Hi there,
Thank you for your review, and for stopping in for a walk along the river. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves on the Tryweryn Trail and if you stop by again, the cafe has been taken over and has a great choice of hot or cold food and drinks now so hopefully there would be something suitable for your lunch or snack. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write your review.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Canyoning Experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had a canyoning experience booked with this company, two days before we were due to do it, they e-mailed me to say they where cancelling it.
As you can imagine I was very disappointed obviously because I was looking forward to it. I could have understood them cancelling because of bad conditions in the canyon and our safety would be first, but no they said it was because there was not enough people in the group.
Now I have been on other adrenalin experiences before and at times there has only been me and my husband in the group, but they have always gone ahead with the experience and taken us out. Luckily we managed to find another company to take us out.
Guess what?. There was only me and my husband in the group, we had a brilliant time.

Shame on you national white water centre.

6 Thank Pippa W
B L, Manager at The National Whitewater Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Sorry we weren’t able to run a canyon session for you. We would like to run all our canyon sessions but running a safe session is our main concern. As a result all our canyon sessions are staffed by a minimum of two instructors and require four canyoners to go ahead. I apologise for your session being cancelled at two days notice, on occasions this is necessary and in these circumstances we offer the choice of an alternative activity, alternative dates for canyoning or a full refund. We won’t be making any changes to our policy which affect the safety of our sessions and will continue to have a minimum of two instructors and four canyoners for this activity.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“You're never to old to go rafting for the first time :-)”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Never done been white water rafting. Will be 50 this year. Not fit, etc, etc but thought we'd give it a go and it was the BEST FUN and highly recommended! YES you get very wet, NO I don't think you'd fall in unless you were doing something silly. So glad we did it!

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your review, and you've answered the question we get asked a lot (whether you'll fall in)! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.