“Great guest house”

Cwm Hirnant Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bala
Cwm Hirnant Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 27 Bala B&B and Inns
Merseyside
“Great guest house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night for the Bala triathlon. The owners, Mary and Mike, greeted me with a warm welcome and were very hospitable. Lovely people, lovely clean house. Would highly recommend, great location for start and finish of the Bala triathlon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank IreneG12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm now at my third week at this very friendly B&B. Mike & Mary really look after you and there a really nice couple. I have slept in both the single and double rooms and both are very comfortable, clean and tidy. The breakfast is excellent. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wayne F
Corwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We really looked forward to our stay in Bala and were not disappointed when we were shown to our room and found it so spacious. So often we book a "double" room and find the bed pushed up against the wall with no room to swing the proverbial cat! The room was light, modern and equipped with everything we needed. An added bonus was a full length mirror, as well as the dressing table mirror, - so important for a vain women like myself!
As much as I enjoy going away, it's often with some trepidation, as I suffer with chronic backache and dread sleeping on a different mattress. To wake up the next morning without a twinge and to be able to spring out of bed was amazing!What a luxury, a top quality mattress in a B&B. Unless you suffer with backache, you will not appreciate what I am saying.
So apart from welcoming hosts, a great Welsh breakfast and excellent accommodation, just go to Cwm Hirnant for the bed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrenaMills
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Spent a night here in September and loved it.

From the moment we walked through the door until the moment we sadly had to leave, nothing was too much trouble. Mary and Mike are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

We stayed in the twin bedded room and it was spotlessly clean with everything you could possible need, including some homemade Welsh cakes which were to die for. I can honestly say it was the best nights sleep I have had in ages as the bed was so comfy. Breakfast the next morning was excellent and offered a wide choice.

With Mike and Mary nothing is too much trouble, they even offered to drive us when we were going out, would we stay again? you bet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Z3sweetpea
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have a weekend in Bala every June, and have been trying out different guest houses, and to be fair we haven't had many complaints, but there has been something to stop us going back to the others. This year however we found Cwm Hirnant, which we found ticked most of our boxes. Its location between sailing club (lake) and town is perfect, and both are easily walkable. Our room was clean and comfortable. Mary & Mike were very friendly, and all at a very good price. This is one we will return too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GMP41
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

i have visited during easter weekend with family, and we were being looked after like we are family. Being vegetarian we have few options for breakfast, however they made it to our taste. I would highly recommend this BnB if you are not so fussy about living next to lake. It is just 5 minutes walk to town center and another 5 minutes to lake.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sunil747
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Last year I visited Cwn Hirnant with a couple of motor cycling buddies for one night, I wrote a glowing review. This year I returned with my wife and we stayed for 2 nights. Having a woman's perspective on Cwm Hirnant should give me a better idea on how good the place is.
Sarah confirmed my last years review and loved the place.

Mike and Mary really looked after us. The place was spotless, the room fantastic and the food brilliant. Our hosts were very informative on the local area, their knowledge was acted on and we had a great couple of days.

They don't advertise their B&B, they just rely on word getting round, I hope it doesn't because I want to keep it for myself

Room Tip: 3 rooms available, the double is fantastic with en suite, the twin room (I had that last year) equal...