“Lovely”

Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Midsomer Norton
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Found the hotel because the hotel we booked had got our dates mixed up. Arrived 22.30 and the staff were very good. The guy on reception was first class and the girls in the restaurant even though it was closed made supper for us and allowed us to sit and eat in the lounge area of the restaurant.

Room was excellent, spacious and very clean. Good facilities including pool and gym. Public bar and lovely grounds. Breakfast was very good looking out across the golf course.

Will defiantly stay again. We used the hotel to go to Longleat. It was 30 mins away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel with work, on a regular basis. The hotel is lovely and friendly, the staff always warm and welcoming. The rooms are lovely and spacious with a great selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate (a lovely biscuits). Great large fluffy towels and baths with showers

As a lone lady traveller I often get room service which is spectacular. The food beyond restaurant quality and choice of proper food not just snacks. I have eaten in the restaurant and bar and the food and service are great here too.

This is an excellent quality hotel, great for business or leisure- I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GailHarvey
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked this hotel because as well as offering a comfortable room to stay, it also offered full leisure facilities (gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room & jacuzzi). Because I wanted our night to be fully of activites, I thought the addition of the leisure facilities was a good deal. And it was. Sort of. Kind of. Maybe not...

The changing facilities: Very confusing, wasn't sure where to go or where to get changed. Not very clear. It was also unisex, which I don't mind - but again, wasn't sure about. When I walked into a lady drying herself off, I thought "woops, in the wrong room". I wasn't.

The Swimming pool: Extremely small. It looked so scummy and dirty just from walking past that we decided not to even go in there (it already had 3 people in and was pretty full anyway). There was a little paddling pool for the kids, which I guess is a cool feature.

The Jacuzzi: Dirty. VERY dirty. Although, we still went in, and still enjoyed the lovely bubbles and the relaxingness of it all, I still couldn't really overlook the inch-thick layer of scum on the top of the water. Really horrible.

The Steamroom: This was small and had lots of sharp edges. The steam wasn't that hot either.

The Sauna: Probably the redeeming part of the leisure facilities. The Sauna is really good. Really big and spacious and very hot!

The gym: Didn't use the gym, so can't really comment. It did look big and had lots of machines etc.

So, if you are choosing this hotel ONLY because of the leisure facilities, I would recommend looking elsewhere. If you are looking for a place to stay, and the facilities are a bonus, then go for it.

The actual room was really nice, the bed was very comfy and the bathroom was really clean. I liked the decor and the look of the place. Room service was efficent and the food was very tasty (pretty expensive too, but this was to be expected).

The one very annoying thing about the room was the TV. Yes, it was a lovely huge screen and that is great, but the speakers on the TV were very poor. It made a clunking sound all night, like someone was clinking together teacups when people were speaking. This made TV viewing very difficult and you had to try and block out the sound. I know the TV is a bonus, but it should still work properly (It may have just been the telly in room 212 - where we stayed).

Overall, we enjoyed the hotel stay. Friendly staff and good location (Only 15 miles from Longleat Safari and a short drive from Bath). There is also a COOP around the corner, handy if you want to avoid the expensive room service or need to get some money out etc.

Room Tip: If you want a decent sounding telly, avoid room 212 (although, they could all have the same fault).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just back from a weekend away in Midsomer Norton and really enjoyed my first experience of a Best Western Hotel. Our room was pristine. We actually thought it was very recently refurbished but have been told that any refurbishment was about a year ago. The lady said they had good housekeeping staff. It showed and well done to them! Location opposite a trading estate isn't perfect but if you ask for a room looking over the golf course you have good views. To be honest we were looking partly towards the industrial units and it wasn't a problem. Didn't use the spa so can't comment on this. The pool looked quite small and smelt strongly chlorinated. Dining room staff were really helpful and attentive. Breakfast was a combination of buffet style with a cooked option order (taken at the table) including kippers (which were massive). Choice of bread needs to be improved. Breakfast overall was very good. We had dinner on two nights. The first night was excellent and beautifully presented. The second night (a Saturday) was less impressive - possibly due to the kitchen having to cope with a wedding party.

Sorry but I have one little criticism. We have just returned from a stay at a Riu Palace Hotel in Madeira and any approach to the reception there was greeted by an attentive smile from a receptionist stood and giving us their undivided attention. I just felt that the on occasions the receptionists at this Best Western could have stepped away from their computer screen and not given the impression that I was interrupting them. Maybe I was just spoilt in Madeira! .

Overall we were very impressed and will certainly consider Best Western Hotels in the future

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night after visiting Longleat & on route to Cornwall. Despite mix up with booking the receptionist was very polite & welcoming as it would appear they were only expecting 1 guest ! Excellent breakfast & beautiful gardens. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on the end of the August. Had very pleasant stay. My friend was getting married, so it was little bit of madness, but the staff managed everything with the smile on their faces. They even warned us, that there is 2nd bride in the Hotel, so we had to plan the departure. Sweet of them. Tried the bar food, was excellent, wery big portion. Very tasty breakfast.
The room was spacious, clean, the bed was very comfy. I slept like a baby :)
So well done to everybody, who made our stay so special!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had two rooms and both were in excellent condition, as was the hotel generally. Dinner was very enjoyable and breakfast cooked to order. We were warned that there was a wedding celebration on in the evening and there was some noise - but we were soon off to a good night's sleep and were not bothered.
I thought the rooms were quite a way from the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Travelodge Beckington
Travelodge Beckington
#1 of 2 in Beckington
Holiday Inn Express Bath

Been to Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel? Share your experiences!