“very good site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a very large site; we had trouble finding our caravan on the first night, after spending a couple of hours watching the England:Moldova match in the Club Room, but we managed it. The restaurants had stopped serving by the time we left, so we went to the onsite chippy (there's a pizza place too). There was a very long queue, but the young girl sorted out those wanting fish out from the rest, and the fish weren't long coming. When we eventually found our caravan, the cod, chips and mushy peas were to die for. The young lady in the chippy is a credit to the camp.

We didn't use any of the other camp facilities, as we were only there 3 nights and just staying for a touring holiday really, but from the outside in they looked good.

Our caravan was fine, although the steel steps leading into it can be slippery in wet weather, so watch out. We were far enough from the entertainment centre, so quite peaceful at night.
One slight negative: our shower basin drained very slowly. This was no real problem, as there were only the 2 of us, but it would have been a different story if there'd been 6 of us in this 3 bedroom caravan.
There was no point complaining for our sakes, but I did mention it to the young lady when I checked out. She made no note of it and just put the keys onto a large pile. There's IMO really no chance this small fault was put right for the next guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here for one week over the school holidays, Grand children realy enjoyed it 7,10,11
Great for the kids Entertainment team worked hard.
The evening shows great entertainment
Only down side was you had to get in the club early to get a seat.

3  Thank Phyllis23572
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've been to Trecco Bay twice before with a relative, staying in their caravan for two nights so when I booked I knew what we were getting into. We were driving straight down from Center Parcs as two weeks there would bankrupt us so we also knew we were scaling down a little and expected that. We arrived after a four hour drive and were hot and tired but knew we could get our keys straight away, which helped. However, this is whe the story changes a little. During check-in I was informed that my non-smoking caravan had been smoked in before......ahem, as a strict non-smoker I have the nose of a blood hound and hate it so I was already on edge. When we went to the caravan it was evident to me immediately and I went straight back to reception to say I was not happy. He is where the story returns to fabulous as the lady there, Charlotte, was absolutely incredible. I am not a stroppy person but I am firm and Charlotte answered every question I had and did everything she could to help us. Within twenty minutes the lead cleaner had come and checked it all out, bringing products and refreshers. Next the handyman came and looked at the linoleum which was not neat, the Manager also came in and all the while Charlotte took full charge of organising help for us. She organised compensation vouchers and a deep clean of the carpet to remove any smells as well as a deep clean of the hard surfaces. The carpets were deepcleaned throughout whichwas incredible and removed the smell of smoking (and a lot of dirt) which was all i wanted. The next day, Charlotte was still helping us and had organised for us to have a free upgrade to a brand new caravan for the latter part of our holiday. In every other way, Trecco Bay met the expectations we had. Luckily the weather meant we didn't need to rely on the small pool that was overly busy as the beach was our second home.

Overall, you come here knowing it is isn't Center Parcs or even trying to be. It is a cheerful holiday park with a stunning coastline offering the type of seaside holiday I associate with childhood - sand, sea, ice-cream (you must try the two stands on the seafront that sell handmade ice cream - fabulous and cheap too) and time together. The entertainment was good but we sent most evenings playing cards with the kids and barely watched TV at all, which was fantastic. Our upgraded caravan was utterly immaculate - it was like some sort of hotel, stunningly beautiful, and as if brand new (Nottage 2013). Yes the caravans are close together and if you have a private let you can choose one with a terrace/balcony which would have been a real asset.....but I think you have to consider that Trecco was £800 less than Center Parcs and in our stay at Center Parcs we needed it re-cleaned, the oven broke and needed a gas engineer and every activity cost money except the pool.

We have re-booked the top end caravan in Cornwall to tour there and have high expectations of Parkdean based on the quality and service we received at Trecco, lets keep everything crossed that it is as good.....and that Parkdean have all their staff as well trained as Charlotte and the two gentleman that cleaned our first caravan.

Room Tip: Pay for as high quality a caravan as you can afford if your environment makes a difference to you. I...
3  Thank Rebelmenace
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went for the bank holiday week. No problems checking in. Lovely spacious caravan with a verandah. Beds very comfortable.

I found the site very clean and it was nice being close to the beach. We have three young children and they were kept occupied every day.

My negatives were that the charge for crazy golf was a bit much considering how much we paid for our holiday, that the pool is open to the public and the queue was ridiculous and the charge for the soft play. Also food very expensive. We had a Sunday carvery and the food was discusting and we didn't got in the coast bar for the rest of our stay. Also not enough tables in the entertainment complex. There were queues at 6pm to get a decent table and then the children were bored until Sid and Lizzie came on. Worst entertainment for children I've ever seen and we've been to other parkdean parks.

We will come back again as we did enjoy our stay but maybe not in the peak season next time.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

well my daughter booked an hoilday for all family 1st time all together...we arrived at trecco bay my daughter was all ready there as they set off early the lady meet them to hand keys explaining about few ants which was ok ...it was the worst hoilday ive never been on ants there were 1000S every where in son in law got bit over his legs ants got into our food they were everywhere blinds were broke shower leaked all over floor and flooded underneath caravan when draining away and whn my disabiled hubby went to bed the bed was broken and he fell straight trough it ..carpets were dirty seating was grubby and stained very noisey at mid night kids play area was crap not much... swimming was timed ..so apart from that i couldnt wait to get home but we will never go back to the park... carvans are to close.. dog mess every where so if u like an hoilday very nosies and dogs mess and ants everwhere go to trecco park...load of crap....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank christinelbrown
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went with family 13 of us in 3 caravans reasonably close to each other. The check-in was quick and smooth, The caravans were lovely though some could do with updating and ours could have been cleaned better in unused areas. The site is well laid out and was clean and tidy. The amenities were good especially the play park and wet play. The swimming pool was also worth visiting. The beach was fine and only a short walk. Porthcawl isn't far and the fair is just a typical seaside fair but the kids had a good time. Chip shop is pricey but nice food, as are the drinks but you expect this on holiday. The kids entertainment was very poor so only went once. The staff we dealt with were all fine. Would go again with family but not just us two.

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Trecco Bay. We stayed in Firs number 94 and I really cannot complain about the caravan itself. For what we paid it was adequately spaced, clean, comfortable and had everything we needed for 4 adults and 2 children.

The service was slightly hit and miss. The reception staff, coast bar staff and shop staff were all lovely. However the staff at Splashland were not the most hospitable in my opinion-alot of the carried quite a laid back, miserable tone.

There is lots to do on the park from bowling, splashland to jungle gyms and crazy gold which was fun although both jungle gyms and crazy gold are not included in the price.
I cannot comment on the timeout bar or evening entertainment as we did not use the.

The beach surrounding trecco bay is very rocky so we tended to use Coney beach which was just a short 5 minute walk away and it was immaculate so clean.

We enjoyed our time at Trecco Bay although would not return.

Once again can not fault the cleaniness of the site but Porthcawl did not seem to have a huge array of things to do in our opinion and we like to go exploring.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
The Brentwood Hotel
#7 of 20 in Porthcawl
Ballas Farm
Ballas Farm
#1 of 6 in Bridgend

Been to Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!