“Good, clean family site”

Brodawel Camping Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Brodawel Camping Park
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited for weekend away with children in august. Very easy to find from motorway just follow signs! Beach was short walk with children and there was a surf school to hire boards. Small shop on sIte to buy basics such as bread, milk and sweets. Owners were helpful and showed us to our pitch. No annoying tokens or 20p for showers which was nice!! Will be visiting again!

7  Thank David W

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here in a campervan when visiting a friend in Porthcawl en route somewhere. However whist it s ok it seemed a bit of a free for all with pitches being randomly positioned. Shower block looked really uninviting and I didn't actually set foot in there more by circumstances than judgement - stayed 1 night but stated with friend 2nd night. Mainly so we didn't have the taxi to bother with as certain inc not an easy 20 min walk (as suggested to fulmar road) back...ESP without a torch!
Shop appeared to cater for needs, play area ok. Probably won't return but its nothing personal.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I have been visiting Broadowel for many years. The site is run by a lovely family who are very friendly and will do anything to make sure you have a lovely stay at the site. The facilities are well maintained and we now have a lovely new shower block which is first class!
we definitely be coming back next year.

5  Thank anthony m
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I think that some of the reviews are unfair the park is well kepted the owners work very hard to keep all the areas clean and tidy any where can run out of toilet paper in busy times and the pitch sizes are ample yes the play area is a bit basic but its allways busy with children there is a cut of time for noise as you should expect on a campsite and the owners are quite tolerant but some people cant control there children then they should be told about it if it affects the other campers enjoyment if not then they have to be told and I don't think its a matter of race/creed/or colour we all have to abide buy the park rules if not then don't say on the site

3  Thank dai p
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've been going to Brodawel since I was a small child in the 1970's / 80's and it's a great place to spend a long weekend break. I'm almost 40 now and myself & partner have 5 kids aged from 5 years old up to 13 years. I've been to Brodwel 4 times this year and we've just come back home after a fantasic August Bank Holiday Weekend 3 day Break.

The site - is what I would describe as a small-to-medium sized campsite with a small shop / reception area. There is a small games room for the children and a good little play-ground in the centre of the site, complete with sand-pit - the kids often spend hours in there, making friends and playing away until the early evening. There is a clean, well maintained shower / toilet block - this appears to be cleaned around 4 times a day. All the facilities you need, are there. This site comes complete with a small tarmac road running full circle around the field, which is quite useful when the weather's wet (and muddy). The site is family owned, and they are very accomdating, helpful and friendly. They'll always try and give you the best pitch available whether for a caravan or tent, but I must say, the site is regularly running at full capacity throughout the high season (especially on weekends). My advice is pre-book 2 months in advance, then when you go, arrive around 11.30am to 12noon as you'll get a better pitch. This IS a very popular campsite.

This is a good site for the family. It's quiet, but not to far away from all the site-seeing. The Village of Nottage is just a 5 minute drive away, and Nottage Green is a nice place to go with 3 pubs in close proximity to one another - The Rose&Crown, The Farmers Arms and Swan Inn. It really is a quaint, historic little village. Going further out - Rest Bay Beach, Coney Beach, Trecco Bay, Newton Beach, Newton Green, Kenfig Nature Reserve and Porthcawl town centre are all within a 10 minute drive. ParkDean Entertainment's Complex is open to non-residents and I've noticed quite a few campers will stay at Brodawel and then take the kids for a day out to ParkDean in Trecco Bay - especially the huge play-ground out at the back of the Sports Bar.

We've booked to go again in September 2013 and highly recommend this campsite.

The Enea Family.
:-)

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment.
5  Thank MrEnea
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at this site, it's a family run site the owners go out of their way to make you welcome, I have always found them to be polite with me and my family. if you treat others with respect I find they will treat you likewise.
The toilets, showers and washing up facilities are spotless and have been modernised. The toilet cubicles,toilet paper and hand towels are are cleaned and maintained throughout the day. My only positive criticism is that the mirrors above the wash basins are too high for short people or children, this could be remedied by having a step up platform beneath some of the the basins.
The site shop is well stocked and reasonably priced. There is a children's play area in the centre of the site, it's starting to look a bit tired and old fashioned considering the modern climbing frames available these days.
I will definitely be returning here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank GymChris
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Been coming here for last 5 years and after reading some of the reviews on here criticising this camp I've got to say they must be staying on different camp to me I've always found the owners friendly and helpful

• Stayed: August 2013