“good food goodnights sleep wonderful views good service”

Atlantic Hotel Porthcawl
Ranked #7 of 20 Porthcawl B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 24, 2012

this hotel is the best christmas break ive had for a long time allways gone to devon no more cant wait for next year i have allready booked i would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting porthcawl the hotel is private owned you can see and feel it

Room Tip: i liked corner suite
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went with friends for a meal on saturday 8th of december 2012. My starter was Ok, however when my wife and I received our mains which were both Battered Cod things immediately changed.
Cutting into the batter revealed what can only be described as a fish mush. As we all know cod is a lovely flaky fish that when cooked correctly should should remain flaky and slightly firm.
I confronted the waitress who I was told later was in fact the owner. At the time I was doubtful if the fish was cod. I was told it was and that there was nothing the matter with it and that she the owner did not even want to discuss it. We sent the dish back and refused to pay for them.
I was accosted by the owner on coming out of the toilet and she immediately gave me a tirade that as i was not happy she should throw us out. I did not react and regained my table.
I have since talked with a chef who specialises in fish and he confirms what another reviewer has said that the cod was frozen dropped into hot oil and hence the mush.
Bad food is one thing but being treated in the way we were by the owner of the restaurant was a pretty horrifying experience and what a lesson for other people who worked there from the owner. Beware you have been warned!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tbfrance
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here on business late August. The staff were very friendly throughout my stay and the room comfortable, clean with superb sea views. The wardrobe in the room was in bits and the walls a bit on the thin side but there you go.

The hotel restaurant was good; the food OK but nothing special. The breakfast was a grease fest. Not nice and I left most of it. The wifi, which was free did not wok in my room. It only worked within the bar area, so bear that in mind you business users who need it!!

Room Tip: I would guess that the WIfi works best on rooms on the ground and first floor. If you need it avoid...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed recently whilst on business; the room was modern, clean and very comfortable. Food was excellent - very good value for money. Restaurant overlooks the seafront and service was quick. I would definitely stay again and have already recommended to work colleagues.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

in Porthcawl due to work commitments and was suprised with hotel, rooms recently refurbished, everything seemed to new and could still smell the paint. food was better than expected and for around £68 for bed breakfast and evening meal couldn't really complain.

although the owners need to look at the handles on the doors of the rooms, I was locked out of room from 10pm to 11pm awaiting someone from maintenance to arrive, they did by taxi!

Room Tip: make sure the door handle works!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lovely hotel with excellent service, good sea views and fantastic food. The room was spacious, spotless and welcoming with a large comfortable bed, good range of complementaries, huge bathroom with jacuzzi style tub. The food is fantastic and I've returned on several occasions for meals. There's a small amount of private parking at the back and plenty of free street parking a long the seafront. I can wholeheartedly recommend staying at the Atlantic.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went for a meal SAT/ .The lady in pink jeans and pink top was very polite,but that is where it Stoped.The menue not good ,not what we expected.We didnt eat our meal,it was very poor.When i confronted the staff ,i was told they were very busy,we
were charged £60 I will not go back ,but i dont think this bothers them at all.Please listen to your diners Atlantic

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank david9080
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
0 mi away
0 mi away
Foamedge Guesthouse
Foamedge Guesthouse
#3 of 6 in Porthcawl

Been to Atlantic Hotel Porthcawl? Share your experiences!