“Great fun and a fab experience”

Porthcawl Surf School
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Porthcawl
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted Best UK Surf School 2016. Resident Surf School at Rest Bay Beach, Porthcawl, South Wales.Available for year round Surf Lessons and Surf Hire.You are able to have lessons for, surfing, Kayaking, Stand Up paddle boarding and Lifeguard training. You can hire Surfboards, Kayaks, Skimboards, Kayaks, Stand Up Paddle boards and wetsuits including boots, gloves and hoods.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I purchased a voucher for my partner for his Birthday. He's always wanted to give surfing a go but never plucked up the courage so one cold February lunchtime he took the plunge! He throughly enjoyed the experience and although he was disappointed only to get to his knees on the board was motivated and encouraged by Hugh the instructor. The two and a half hour lesson gave him all the hints and tips required to go out on his own next time - I'm sure he'll be back to hire equipment!

All reviews
in 24 reviews
"equipment"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had my first 2 hour lesson and really enjoyed myself, all the equipment was included and fitted well, hugh our instructor was very helpful and made the 2 hours very enjoyable and always explained what I was doing wrong and talked me through how to put it right, I came away with the confidence that I could do it again and will defiantly be back to hire his surf boards.

1  Thank leannwarner144
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Despite being mad enough to go surfing in February, we were fully kitted out (suit, shoes, gloves, hat, board) so weren't cold at all. Hugh was great at explaining everything and we were pretty much pro's by the end! All the gear, all the idea...surf babe in the making! Fantastic morning. Great fun. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

A fantastic way to spend the day - our first lesson was in February 2012 and even though it was freezing all the equipment that was provided ensured that we were toasty surfers. I would recommend this as a great way to spend some time in Porthcawl and when Hugh is around he can always be relied in for friendly advice!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wanted to celebrate my birthday in a different way this year with family and I've always wanted to learn to surf, so to Hugh at Porthcawl Surf I went. The weather was cold but beautifully sunny. We were welcomed by Hugh and kitted but with wetsuit, boots, gloves and hood... sunny it may have been but February temperature was waiting in the water. Hugh was a great teacher and there was a good mix of the theory and practise. We had such a great day and my youngest is 7 and Hugh really focused on him and let him have fun while really helping him with technique, Awesome day, great teacher, loads and loads of fun! Even in February! Highly recommend :-)

1  Thank vic J