Olivia House
$112
$109
$79
$67
The Wyndham Arms(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
$44
Seabank Hotel(Porthcawl)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench roomkings roomroll top bathbalcony suiteangel roomher frienddaughters weddingbreakfast experiencenearby cafefantastic breakfastfull welsh breakfastcomfortable bedhuge bedmini fridgebrilliant serviceplace to staywarm welcome
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for one night at Olivia House in the Gemini Room. It has a large king size bed and a little chaise lounge, which our 4 year old son slept on. The welcome from Annette was fantastic and she couldn't have done more to make us feel more welcome. There is even a selection of DVDs that you can borrow (which we did) for the TV/DVD player.

The location is excellent - literally a stone's throw away from the sea - so we had fish and chips on the beach for our dinner!

The breakfast the following morning was the nicest I think I have ever had - none of us ate until 8pm that evening.

1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and my young son stayed here for 3 nights,and had a wonderful stay and was made to feel really welcome and at ease.The property itself is of stunning quality,clean,tidy and stylish.We took up the Gemini room and had two single beds there,they were extremley comfortable,there was nothing left to chance,plenty of bedding,pillows and cushions,there was an excellent bible there which was awesome tucked in a drawer by the side of the bed.In our room we had a tv/dvd player,which was great having a child,because on the landing was a huge selection of childrens dvds,perfect when we wanted to unwind for an hour or two!!The cooked breakfast was amazing,i failed to finish one in three attempts,loads of toast, orange juice and tea to go with it,and there was kids cereal available for my boy as well!The ensuite toilet and shower were clean,with plenty of towels and toiletries,we didnt have to ask for anything for 3 days!The table was laid out as if we were royalty,candles,napkins everything was thought of.We had a great few nights here and would highly recomend it to anyone looking for somewhere in this area.Thanks Annette!

1  Thank gje2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner booked this for us as a surprise night away. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Annette who is a lovely, warm and welcoming lady. I was so impressed and enchanted by the decor - think Edwardian chic! We were taken to our room in the top floor called the French Room - it was absolutely perfect! Stunningly decorated with a roll top bath! The bed was very comfortable with duck feather pillows. Bedroom very clean and had just been freshly painted.

Breakfast in the morning was candlelit and a charming full welsh breakfast served by Annette who couldn't do enough for us. We had a lovely chat after breakfast and I felt so welcome I didn't want to leave.

What impressed me the most is 2 things - customer service - which for me is absolutely paramount - we really did feel like we were old friends visiting for the night. Its obvious Annette is really passionate about the hotel. The second is attention to detail - which I think every woman appreciates! Small things like bath robes on the door, nice quality soaps and bubble bath, the fine cutlery and crockery we used at breakfast and the candles being lit - it was all very luxurious and relaxing.

I will definitely be back and have already recommended to my friends and family. The price was 75 all in and that was an absolute bargain. This isn't your average B&B!

Thank you Annette and see you soon! X

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TashaandBen
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the beautiful French Room on the eve of our wedding and on our wedding night with family and extended family taking up other rooms during the weekend.

We all absolutely loved Olivia House and we will definitely return again.

The house itself is beautiful - impeccably decorated and designed with superb attention to detail. The rooms are not huge, but perfectly reasonably sized and it is the cosiness and plushness that really helps create the exclusive boutique vibe.

The beds were cosy and rooms contained everything you could need. Breakfast was huge and delicious and of good quality.

A particular mention to Annette (the owner) for being like a second mum and going to the Nth degree to make sure our stay was nothing less than amazing and that we had everything we required and more.

You will NOT find another guest house in the same league in Porthcawl (and probably the surrounding area) so dismiss at your loss!

Book now!!....

Room Tip: The Balcony Room is the largest and most spacious, but we opted for the French Room because of it's character and remote location at the top end of the house.
1  Thank NateCA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Me and my partner stayed in the Angel room which was very comfortable and my daughter stayed in the Cwtch room next door which she loved. We had the best night's sleep. We also loved our private Bathroom which was so luxurious with its fabulous jacuzzi bath. Annette the owner is a lovely character and made us feel very at home. She made us the most decadent traditional Welsh breakfast and was happy to accommodate any breakfast requests. I would definately stay again and would recommend it to my friends and family. This is not your average B and B!!

• Stayed: August 2013