“Gorgeous little place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olivia House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Olivia House
Ranked #2 of 20 Porthcawl B&B and Inns
“Gorgeous little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We had such a lovely weekend at Olivia house. The rooms were beautifully and individually decorated, i had a brilliant couple of nights sleep in the extremely comfortable bed, and was treated to a delicious welsh breakfast in the morning, which was definitely needed! Annette and co were absolute stars too. Thank you for a great weekend, there's nowhere else in porthcawl that I would rather stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've stayed in many Hotels, Guest Houses and B&B's all around the World but never in one where I have been made so welcome.
Nothing was too much trouble and the level of comfort was incredible. This is certainly on my list of places to visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bodrum City, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We traveled from Turkey for a family party in Porthcawl in November and booked 5 rooms at the Olivia.
It is a wonderful place, very quirky and the hostess Annette was an amazing character full of life.
The rooms were very clean and warm, having a nice sitting room to use was also a great bonus when with a big group as we were.

Fantastic breakfast cooked by Annette and also Linda, you wont need to eat again all day.
We were the only guests there at the time and had a party one evening and this was perfectly acceptable and I think we used every glass in the house nothing was too much trouble for the hostess.

Definitely will stay again and recommend this wonderful house. Not just a B and B you felt like it was home.

5 stars are not enough this place gets many more than that
Merina, Simon and inci Phillips

Room Tip: We had the Kings suite and the solo room for our daughter which was next to ours she used our ensuit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend while visiting relatives with my daughter, and was hugely impressed. I will definitely come again. It is a lovely little boutique hotel. Charming and very unique. Annette is a wonderful host - always helpful and cheerful. The rooms are absolutely lovely and you realise that there is a great attention to detail throughout (e.g. candle lit breakfast table with gentle classical music in the background) The rooms are also spotlessly clean. I cannot find anything to be unhappy about.
The full British breakfast was excellent (especially loved the bacon and portobello mushrooms) and generous and will challenge the most hearty of appetites. Annette was also kind enough to cook something a little different for my vegetarian daughter.
I live in Hong Kong and I have stayed in many places around the world in my time and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for something a little different from the usual standard hotels. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fairfaxjones
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We visited Porthcawl for a family occasion and were welcomed to Olivia House with a warm smile. Nothing was too much bother.
Breakfast was wonderful and a late check out was really appreciated.
They even ironed our shirts!!
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The French Room and the King's Room were great - the bath in the Frnch Room is amazing! There i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth12345209011
mountain ash
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

made really welcome again by annette great host had balcony room this time fantastic room huge bed great deco can not wait to return next year great breakfaST COMPLEAT WITH LAVER BREAD AND BLACK PUDDING

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a wonderful welcome to Porthcawl! This was an experience I will never forget. I had booked for only two nights stay and found myself wishing I could stay for weeks. Everything about the place is absolutely perfect. The hotel is in a splendid location right on the seafront with all amenities nearby. The interior of the hotel has to be seen to be believed . Annette, the owner has done a great job designing all the bedrooms individually in incredible style and luxury. Breakfast was one of the best I have eaten in any hotel and I have stayed in 5 star hotels throughout Europe. The friendliness of Annette and her staff ensured that my stay was relaxed and comfortable at all times and they could not do enough to help and advise on the local area. I will certainly be recommending Olivia House to all my friends and returning here soon. It would make a perfect romantic retreat!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
Seabank Hotel
Court Colman Manor
Court Colman Manor
#4 of 9 in Bridgend
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel

Been to Olivia House? Share your experiences!