“Amazing top 100 golf course!”

Royal Porthcawl Golf Club
Ranked #10 of 18 things to do in Porthcawl
More attraction details
Owner description: This internationally renowned golf course hosted the 1995 Walker Cup.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

What a wonderful experience I had at this amazing natural beauty.
I can see why the 2015 Senior Open Championship is to be played here.
This undoubtedly was the highlight of my Wales golf odyssey . The pro shop staff were very friendly and helpful. The condition of the course was 1st class. Whilst the clubhouse is not huge it is perfect for a cold beer after your walk over this fabulous layout. Don't miss a chance to play there. I will return!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

If you can only play one round of golf, this is the choice. A great links course, very challenging and a good test of golf.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I played this course in September 2013. This is a great choice in Wales. The track is terrific with challenging holes, excellent greens and terrific layout. The pro shop attendant was very friendly. Unfortunately I did not get to play with local Welshmen but did play with a fellow Canadians which were terrific company and made the afternoon very pleasant. Terrific Track! In Wales I played Royal Porthcawl, Tenby Golf Club and Conwy Golf Club of which this was the best of the three. Rick :)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Top 100 in world course. Excellent links course. Challenging. The perfect friendly bar/ lunch room as well.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

3 of us played the course with caddies,which is a must for golfers not used to links courses. We met the pro, Peter Evans, who was very friendly. My caddy had played at Louisiana Tech and was a +2. He had also been club champion twice. Jonathan was very helpful. I found 3 birdies even though my back was hurting big time. We enjoyed a nice lunch after golf and this will be the home of the British Senior Open next year and will be fun to watch. It is a tough course but should be played. A little side note. The history author Niall Ferguson lives just off the course and his estate can be seen from the course.