“A Welcome in the hillside, without the hills..”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Villa Guest House
Ranked #1 of 20 Porthcawl B&B and Inns
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“A Welcome in the hillside, without the hills..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the villa guest house over Christmas just gone, and am still here.( jan o14)
It's a great place and I have been made welcome since I stepped through the door. Clive and delyth are great hosts, nothing is a problem and I like my room, no 11, up at the top, looking over the rooftops. I can hear the waves breaking on the beach and in the storms I was snug and loved it.
I get breakfast and an evening meal which are very nice and generous.
I have found out from Clive where and where not to park and avoid a ticket. The building is old Victorian style, typical seaside guest house type, which I like and very homely. Tv's in the comfy lounge and dining room, and bedrooms. I don't think there is anything missing that you would want, and plenty of all sorts of takeaways and pubs in town, within a short few minute walk. Thanks Clive and delyth. Gareth jones.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Gareth J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is by far the best accommodation to be found in Porthcawl. Wonderfully decorated and furnished rooms at a fab price. After 6 years on the road I can safely say the welcome from the proprietors is the warmest I've ever received. You won't go far wrong if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed January 2014
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the 'Villa' on 3 separate occasions while working at the nearby theatre. Clive and Del the owners go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. By the end I felt like one of the family. The hospitality is second to none and tops off a lovely clean and cosy B & B. Will return whenever I am in the area! Thank you!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Excellent service provided by very lovely people, very welcoming, very clean and just about ate the very delicious and huge breakfast provided. Would definitely recomend a stay at this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Travel 300 miles every week to work here and always given a warm welcome. This guest house has been transformed as I stayed here first over a year ago. It has greatly been improved to feel like home from home with comfortable rooms and excellent home cooking. Del and Clive go out of their way to look after you and you will want to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just got back from Pothcawl we only stayed one night but would love to have stayed longer. Big thank you to Del & Clive felt they were like our friends by the time we left they are so down to earth and welcoming, normally we only see the owners when we arrive and at breakfast so this was a lovely change. and the breakfast was delicious all fresh and plenty of it. They are really working hard doing up the whole house but the quality of things they are using to do it is fab. Our bed was so comfortable and clean, you just couldn't ask for better. Ideal location for everything in Porthcawl. Thanks both hopefully we will see you soon Chris and Ron

Room Tip: Ground floor room if you difficulty with stairs lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Porthcawl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

From the morning I turned up to enquire as to the possibility of a room for a few weeks whilst I awaited permanent accommodation in the town until I left nine or ten weeks later I thought I'd died and gone to heaven, such was the all-embracing warmth of the welcome given to me by owners Delyth and Clive! From the very first moment I stepped across the doorstep of the Villa I was treated like a long-lost son. I have stayed in many, many impressive places all over the world in the likes of Bermuda, the USA and Moscow, Greece, Venice and Paris but I never, ever encountered anything like the kind of welcome that is customary for anyone seeking to stay at the Villa. The hospitality is truly incomparable, matchless, the beds comfy as can be (I conked out as soon as I hit the pillows), the bedrooms are so tastefully decorated (but cosy) and spotlessly, spotlessly clean to a point that would satisfy the very fussiest of guests. The lounge is warm and inviting with a laid-back casual elegance. Topping it all off is of course Delyth and Clive. Nothing is too much trouble for Delyth and Clive. A truly special couple. They have together created an oasis of calm and warmth and loveliness like a chocolate-box country cottage in the woods. I would have been happy to still be there now and I am proud to say that they still stay in touch and check all is well with me! And just to round off, if you have the good sense to make staying there a 'must' then do not leave until you have enjoyed the cooking - breakfasts or evening meals - but be prepared to waddle not walk away from the table after the most tasty and ample of feasts! Like everything else about Delyth, Clive and the Villa - just so, so special. Writing this now and remembering my little corner of calm, I think I'm going to be heading back there for a few days to give myself a Christmas treat! Good luck both of you. You so deserve it. Thank you so much for everything. And please say hello to handsome Ceri and wish him the best always from me! Greg

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
The Brentwood Hotel
The Wyndham Arms
The Wyndham Arms
#1 of 9 in Bridgend
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel

Been to Villa Guest House? Share your experiences!