We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a 2 week trip around the Highlands and Islands. We loved this place from start to finish, and wouldn't hesitate to return.
The location is stunning, quiet and beautiful. The decor is warm, cosy and tranquil. The owner is very hands on and goes out of her way to be friendly and welcoming.
We had a room at the back of the hotel, so no view as such, but there was a lovely little terrace rock garden to see, with a bird feeder to attract pretty little birds. It is obvious throughout that the owner takes a lot of care, with nice little touches to make it special. The beds were super-comfy and the bathroom was small but beautiful with a powerful 'rain-shower'.
Food in the restaurant was excellent.
We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland