I don't know how we found it even with the help of our Garmin. Pierhouse is at the end of a 3.5 mile one lane road. But, all the locals know it's there and pack the restaraunt; and the hotel was completely booked with tourists from the UK and Europe. The lobsters and crabs come from their own traps.
Rooms are adequate; view is spectacular; food was fabulous. Pierhouse is a small hotel located at the pier of an even smaller ferry to the enchanting island of Lismore. Sitting on the patio with a local ale or sinlg malt watching the sunset over the firth was heavenly.
We booked two nights and had intended to use the full day to travel to the Isle of Mull, but we just couldn't make ourselves leave, so we took the ferry to Lismore instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland