Following a stay here last October we were delighted to be back - especially when we were greeted with Champagne on arrival!
We had a smaller room this time (15?) on the ground floor which was nicely presented and equipped with a good bathing area and wet-area. It was a little cramped around the bed on one side but adequate. However, with only one window and insufficient lighting it was a bit dark - a torch was needed to see into the wardrobe to select clothes. I will opt for the larger room on our next visit later in the year.
The style is rustic-chic and it works beautifully - the bed-linens are high quality and the beds very comfortable.
The restaurant is comfortable and an excellent buffet breakfast is offered - don't miss out on the superb range of artisanal breads!
Dinner with a log-fre crackling away was excellent - warm (not cooked!) oysters are a revelation - my wife had the 3 nights running! The quartered roast pigeon stuffed with foie-gras and with liver & heart separately presented was cooked to perfection and was tender as veal! Dover sole meuniere…perfect so my said. The menu is small, perhaps just 3 or4 choices of entree and main course but all the dishes are beautifully, often surprisingly presented, without being fussy or over-decorated, and nicely balanced and correctly cooked. The chef, Yanneck, is accomplished and charming as are all the staff without exception. Service is quiet, efficient, thoughtful and friendly and we are looking forward already to our next visit.
Situated in the woods just 3 miles above Honfleur which is a great (if a bit touristy) place to spend a day - Boudin Museum, Erich Satie House, Old Honfleur Museum and dozens of restaurants including the wonderful SaQaNa in the town centre. Deauville is only 20 mins away with its wonderful shops and Trouville just over the bridge with its great fish market & fish restaurants along the quay - a wonderful sandy beach stretches for miles in front of both Deauville & Trouville. This sounds too much like a brochure now so will finish with thanks once more to al at The Auberge for a memorable stay once again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the charming city of Honfleur, this beautiful brick house welcomes you for an authentic and relaxing stay. This hotel is a real peaceful heaven where you can enjoy the nature around, perfect for persons who love charm and sweetness. The restaurant features delicious and authentic bistro fare. Its all new care cabin completes the rustic charm of the place. The 15 rooms and suites offer a moment of relaxation in an amazing wooded park. You will live a moment of sweetness thanks to the rooms in a warm setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Auberge de la Source - Hotel de Charme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De La Source Hotel Barneville-La-Bertran
- Auberge De La Source Honfleur
- Auberge De La Source - Hotel De Charme France/Honfleur