“Booked for 2014!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Claviere
Club Hotel Grande Claviere
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Claviere
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I’m a non skier and was pregnant this year travelling with my skier husband and 6 year old daughter. We stayed in Bardoneccia in 2012 and couldn’t get the apartments we were interested in so as this place was on the short list then so we thought we would give it a go.
The Claviere rooms are basic but okay and the staff work very hard to keep them clean. The showers are a tight fit and I’m pleased I wasn’t any further on in my pregnancy! Overall the accommodation wasn’t as good as Campo Smith in Bardoneccia
The staff here are amazing and make the place run like clockwork they are a credit to you! The food is good and the all inclusive is excellent! Overall the staff made it a better holiday so we booked straight away on our return for 2014!
One plea I will make is to some of the parents – the bar staff are not child care or there to entertain your kids that’s your responsibility as a parent - the alternative is you can pay and book them into the kids club!
I did hear a rumour that Crystal will not have this hotel in 2015 I hope it’s not true as we would have booked to come back then!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank anadain

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at the Grande in Feb for a weeks ski holiday.
Room was fine, nothing fancy but good enough, only issue was the shower cubicle was very small. Rooms were cleaned daily and were pretty much spotless.
Breakfast is very good, theres a continental buffet style thing and then also a cooked option - you can have both - to set you up for the day. They also provide a decent packed lunch if you want one which is ok, a filled roll with fruit and biscuit.
Evening meal is superb, really good standard with 3 courses, which you choose at breakfast. The service from the young staff is brilliant, I seriously cannot fault any of them at all, this goes from the rep through to the waiting staff to the bar staff. Crystal should be very proud of them they are a real credit to the company!!
This was the 2nd year we've stayed here and we've booked for 2014, can definitely recommend the hotel to families or couples, not ideal for a group of lads but claviere isn't the resort for them either to be honest

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank i_go_there
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at The Grande Claviere w/c 10th march I have to say this is the best ski hotel I have stayed in. The staff are just amazing nothing is too much trouble they were friendly and made us feel very welcome. All of the staff reception,bars,restaurant,maintenance,chefs etc were simply outstanding.The food was excellent the chefs worked wonders both for adults and children they were always happy to adapt the menus to suit. The reps Liv and Ray were always on hand and genuinely cared that we enjoyed our holiday (they even let us win the quiz even though we were rubbish) a special thanks to Liv for sorting out an early departure so efficiently it really made all the difference. A special thanks to the chef for making my birthday cake and also to Stefan Filips for being the best table host ever. We will be returning without a doubt.

Room Tip: 403 spacious with beautiful views
4  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Following my recent week's skiing to Claviere in Italy with Crystal, I would recommend this hotel and it's staff to anyone. The standard of room was excellent and cleaned every day. The staff were second to none, and in particular I would like to thank Dave Thomson, the Hotel Manager who could not do enough for us - he was polite, helpful, informative and a pleasure to deal with. I can add to this list Oliver Moore, our table host who bent over backwards to ensure that our meal times were a great experience (he even snow boarded with us and that was great), Ben Shepherdson, perhaps the politest and friendliest of Restaurant Supervisers I have come across and finally Pete Waterfall - a chef with a huge future. The varierty of meals was extraordinary, freshly cooked and if you wanted soemthing different, this could be accommodated too. To manage and produce meals on the budget they were allocated was simply fantastic. To be honest, all the staff were great - friendly, helpful and glad to help you. Thanks again to Dave and his wife for giving myself and family a great holiday and skiing experience.

2  Thank Ally S
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Well...I am simply gutted to be home. I've just had a fantastic holiday curtesy of the fantastic resort and brilliant staff in Claviere! Great skiing, fantastic value for money with warm, comfy accommodation.

The staff at the Grand Claviere really made our holiday. Our One year old enjoyed himself immensely at the Pepi Penguin Club. Competent, genuinely sweet and considerate staff took great care to ensure he had a brilliant holiday. Our Resort Reps were fantastic, appearing every morning and evening without fail to make sure we were getting the most out of each day. They were tireless In their efforts... Lovely people! Thank you.

Skiing fab for intermediates!!

2  Thank Laraaskri
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We wanted to go skiing with family and friends and this resort wasn't our first choice but I am pleased to say that it worked out really well. We booked through Crystalski and the overall holiday was excellent; from the reps to the hotel staff, all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Manni1c
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Been to this hotel 4 times now, it is a Crystal run family hotel, it is 5 minutes walk to a gentle slope down to the nearest lift. The childcare provided by the Crystal staff is excellent, drop the kids off after breakfast and the staff get them ready and take them to ski school and then pick them up for lunch, you can leave them there until afternoon tea but we picked ours up in the afternoon to go for a ski. The kids have early dinner at 5.30 and then dropped off for pyjama club 7 til 9 while we had our dinner. the bar in the hotel is all inclusive between 4.30 til 10.30.
The food at the hotel is really good and has in fact improved every year that we have been there. All the Crystal staff at the hotel are very friendly and do everything they can to help.
This is a budget hotel so don't expect luxury, but the rooms are adequate for your needs and clean and tidy, if the snow conditions are right the Hotel becomes almost ski in, ski out.
The ski resort is great for kids and the local ski school is really good.
Did a couple of the excursions organised by the Crystal staff including the Mountain Meal, which is a skidoo up the mountain to the Monsoleil Restaurant where you have as much raclette as you want and the wine is free flowing before another skidoo trip down the mountain.

Room Tip: Family rooms are a good choice. We always opt for the top floor.
2  Thank Earle G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claviere
Hotel Clari
#1 of 8 in Cesana Torinese
Hotel Alpis Cottia
Hotel Alpis Cottia
#2 of 7 in Montgenevre

Been to Club Hotel Grande Claviere? Share your experiences!