“Quiet, discreet, lovely view”

Relais Villa del Golfo & Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cannigione
Savigny, Switzerland
“Quiet, discreet, lovely view”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, great scenery. Staff is very polite, attentive, discreet, well-mannered. The hotel is very well located : you can either chill out at the pool and comfortable bar with astonishing sea-view, or hit the road and mix with the crowd on the nearby beaches and jetset towns. You can explore the inland.
Breakfast is very nice with a large selection for everyone's taste : sweets, cakes, cured meats, cheese,fruits, quiches, eggs....
The only thing we could not really enjoy was the pool : the sun was burning all day, and there is nowhere to hide if you want to cool off.... except in the bar sitting area. There are 2 pool umbrella's, but they are easily blown over by the wind. The pool area is small and you have to rush to secure a sunbed. So either you bake in the sun, or you sit in the bar. Perhaps management could find a way to create some alternative shade/sun space for pool guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isis1961

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed June 15, 2013

we stayed here in may, so we got a pretty good rate in the off season. the hotel overlooks a bay and is perched on a hillside which has a number of homes all with the same southwestern us style of architecture. on a sunny day you will not find a more beautiful place than this. i wanted to buy a second house there when we arrived. the hotel itself is beautiful, clean, classy. the pool is great. the town itself is quiet but there are many nice towns on the costa smerelda within driving distance. the restaurant was a little pricier than restaurants nearby, but it was still much cheaper than our hometown of copenhagen. the breakfast was lovely. we had an ocean view room and it was worth the upgrade, although we probably would not have sprung for that during the high season. in any case, i would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: get the ocean view!
1 Thank 232MK232
Durham
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the best hotel we have stayed at so far. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome by the reception staff and during our quick tour of the main areas of the hotel on route to our bedroom, we just knew that the Villa del Golfo was going to be a very special hotel. The views from our bedroom, the restaurant, bar and pool area were stunning. The whole ambiance of the hotel was relaxing and calming. The variety of food at breakfast and dinner was excellent. All the staff were friendly and attentive and this made us feel very welcome.
The highlight of the week was definitely the day trip on the hotel's own yacht. There were 8 guests on board (German, Austrian, Italian and Scottish) along with yacht's Captain Franco and crew Luca. We sailed round islands in the morning, dropped anchor while we had a chance to swim, followed by a delicious lunch with wine. The sun shone all day, the company was great and the wind was strong enough to make our return journey very exciting. A very memorable day of a truly fantastic week.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ellie285
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The layout of this hotel makes it so calming and the service levels were the highest and friendliest we have experienced. We had a Sea View Suite and it was like a small apartment with a double balcony and excellent views of the bay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms get the sun in early morning, but balconies are in the shade after around 11 am. It d...
2 Thank JNT015
Venice, Italy
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been coming to Villa Del Golfo Hotel every May for the past four years. I travel extensively for business purposes and I frequent countless hotels. I am pleased to report that Villa del Golfo has become one of my favorite hotels for non-business travel. I come to Sardinia to relax and the Villa del Golfo property and staff make this possible. My wife and I recently returned from a cold and rainy week in late May. While the weather was less than desirable, our time in the hotel helped make up for the precipitation.

Hotel Villa del Golfo is uniquely situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful bay of Cannigione. The architecture is 100% Sardinian, with granite and rocks tastefully used in construction, so as not to disturb the natural beauty surrounding the hotel facility. Outdoor paths and stairways wind through the hotel, leading to rooms.

Upon our check-in, we were warmly greeted by the staff and management who by now have become friends over the years. The check-in process is swift and hotel amenities and programs are explained. Our luggage was whisked away by a young man driving a golf cart and my car keys were surrendered so someone could park my car for me. I was already in relax mode!

One of the receptionists escorted us to our room and explained particulars about the room. Rooms are tastefully decorated with great attention to detail maintaining a Sardinian motif. I've stayed in different rooms over the years, each one offering a gorgeous view of the bay. I have been fortunate to always have a small patio with outdoor furniture, allowing me time for peace and reflection while taking in the scenery.

The beds are comfortable and linens/blankets were of a good quality. I particularly like the bathroom shower, a rainfall type shower head provides a perfect shower! The bathtub is large enough for adults to enjoy a relaxing bath. Bathroom amenties (shower gel, shampoo, bar soap, lotions etc.) are all top quality, as are the towels. I always feel a little sad on the morning of check-out as I will miss the shower! The rooms are spotless and the maid service was professional and unintrusive. Rooms have a small flat screen television with poor reception; but who comes to Sardinia to watch television!! There are adequate electronic outlets to charge all our electronic equipment. Wi-Fi is not available in the rooms; however, free Wi-Fi service is available in the lounge and public areas.

Morning breakfast is another one of those things that make Villa del Golfo stand out above other area hotels. You can sit outdoors at tables under a cover terrace, again taking in the panoromic views of the Cannigione bay. The breakfast offerings are definitively the best of any other hotel I have stayed in. Villa del Golfo provides a focus on homemade and regional Sardinian breakfast items. Homemade jams and preserves, breads, cakes and pastries are just a few of the items you'll find for breakfast. Freshly prepared fruits, cheeses, salami and other meats are also available. Eggs can be ordered either as an omelet, scrambled with bacon or fried. The breakfast service is extremely attentive and professional, making it a great way to start one's day.

Villa del Golfo's swimming pool overlooks the bay and is surrounded by umbrellas and lounge chairs. An outdoor bar near the pool is a great area to seek refuge from the sun and have a thirst quenching drink or lunch snack. The indoor lounge area is tastefully decorated with several comfortable seating areas to sit in while tending to Wi-Fi or enjoy the evening entertainment over a cocktail. This visit, a young woman with a sweet beautiful voice sang during happy hour all the way through the after dinner hours. I usually enjoy a cocktail or aperitif before dinner. I tested the bartenders who proved to be talented in mixing drinks as well providing a polished and friendly service.

Villa del Golfo has a complete Wellness Spa and fitness area not to be missed. The menu of massage and beauty treatments is complete. There is also a small indoor swimming pool for lap swimming. The fitness equipment is also modern and complete. Saunas and Jacuzzis are also in this area.

I believe one of the things I value most at Villa del Golfo is the overall peace and tranquility they offer. This is an adult-friendly hotel and there were not many children, if any, running or creating noise in the public areas. The friendly staff is always ready to assist you with anything. Complimentary shuttle service to area beaches is also available; however, I suggest you come by or a rent car to discover the many wonders Sardinia has to offer. I highly recommend Villa del Golfo Hotel to the TripAdvisor community and I am already looking forward to my return visit next year.

Room Tip: I am not certain; however I think most of the rooms offer a sea view. This visit we stayed in room...
1 Thank Mirto56
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Hotel Del Golfo has NO security. While at the beach,the hotel car brought us, our room and safe was broken into. Cash and jewelry was stolen. We were treated hostilely by the owners and only a small portion of our loss was reimbursed by their insurance company. We paid our bill in full and left he hotel without a cent. They refused to reimburse us anything at he time. There is no security at all. No cameras. No day or night watchmen. It was an awful experience. Not only were we robbed but not treated properly after the fact. Please be aware of the danger.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
20 Thank Ana R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannigione
Hotel Li Finistreddi
Airone Hotel
Airone Hotel
#1 of 23 in Baia Sardinia
Grand Hotel Poltu Quatu Sardegna MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Relais Villa del Golfo & Spa? Share your experiences!