This was our second stay at the Cala di Falco. It is a very pretty hotel with an attractive layout and gardens. It is also a few minutes walk to Cannigione which is a small town with a nice harbour, some bars and beach shops. The beach is not particularly brilliant there however - too close to the main road.
The Staff at the hotel were, for the most part, friendly and polite. We were given a welcome drink on arrival which was lovely as it was incredibly hot there this year. We arrived very early and the hotel did all they could to get the rooms ready as quickly as possible. The rooms themselves were fantastic - really spacious and spotlessly clean with plenty of storage.
The baby and mini clubs looked very popular, however my children were not keen on joining in the older club (10 - 14) and I saw very little activity for this age group. There is a room in the basement which has a table tennis table and a couple of old arcade machines but it was not inviting and we never saw anyone in there. They have a new 'card room' by the restaurant. This room used to be the hub for the older children which was great - the new room however seemed to be hardly used and very quiet.
The food was excellent. Breakfasts were fantastic - everything you could want. The buffets were also great in the evening but the restaurant did get very busy so we ate at the Terrace restaurant a couple of times (5 euros per person extra) which was much calmer and very enjoyable.
My only real complaint about the hotel was the fact that other guests could 'bag' their sunloungers under the limited shades available by the pool and then not use them for hours. We had to drag the sunloungers to the grassy area to find shade under the trees. We did mention this to the General Manager and at one point, some of the towels were removed. The pool area itself is lovely and relaxing with no loud music, water aerobics etc and there is a pool lifeguard there.
There are some spectacular beaches nearby - it is worth having a car and visiting them. Our favourites on the Costa Smerelda were Liscia Ruja and Pevero - absolutely stunning,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort Cala di Falco is a 4 star resort at Cannigione, near the Costa Smeralda in the North of Sardinia. A strategic location, just a few steps from the beach at Cannigione and an excellent starting point for visiting the most famous destinations of the North of Sardinia and the Costa Smeralda, or for reaching the La Maddalena Archipelago with its uninhabited islands surrounded by brilliant crystal-clear water. The Resort Cala di Falco faces a stretch of coastline that is full of little bays and beaches of fine white sand such as the one at Mannena, which can be reached using the shuttle bus service directly from the resort. Part of the Delphina Hotels & Resorts group, the Resort Cala di Falco also offers the option of choosing between 3 different styles of beachfront holiday in the North of Sardinia: the hotel formula (Il Borgo), the Residence La Rotonda, or the prestigious Villas dedicated to those who love luxury and privacy. These solutions have been created for holidays in Sardinia aimed at families with children, groups of friends and couples. Waiting for you at the Resort Cala di Falco for a relaxing holiday, surrounded by well-tended Mediterranean gardens, elegant little squares and hand-sculpted stonework, all just a stone’s throw from the lively atmosphere of the charming little town of Cannigione where you can enjoy a walk along the seafront between delightful crafts shops that are open all year round. The Resort Cala di Falco can easily be reached in about 30 minutes from the ferry terminal at Olbia and the international Olbia-Costa Smeralda airport. Resort Cala di Falco – Three solutions for your summer holiday in the North of Sardinia. The 4 star superior hotel Il Borgo is close to the main services and facilities of the Resort Cala di Falco and is set around a large swimming pool provided with umbrellas, sun loungers and with lifeguard service. Two restaurants offer delicious Mediterranean and traditional Sardinian dishes reinterpreted by award-winning chefs while there are lots of free time activities for young and old alike. The Residence La Rotonda, set around its own pool, is the ideal solution for those wanting to spend a holiday in comfort but with a little extra privacy. The town of Cannigione is a well-placed destination from which to reach Porto Cervo and the Costa Smeralda in just a few minutes or to go in search of the most beautiful beaches in the North of Sardinia. At the Resort Cala di Falco there is the option of spending a holiday in one of the 13 luxury Villas that are nearby but still part of the resort, and some of which have a sea view. This is a really comfortable and exclusive solution that guarantees you the maximum in freedom plus the convenience of using all the hotel’s services plus the Baby and Mini Clubs (some services may be charged for). Breakfast, Mediterranean Brunch and dinner in the resort’s restaurants can all be booked directly in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resort Cala di Falco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Cala Di Falco Hotel Cannigione
- Cala Di Falco Hotel
- Hotel Cala Di Falco
- Resort Cala Di Falco Sardinia/Cannigione