Beautiful hotel and an excellent location.
When me, my boyfriend and my dad arrived we were a little worried as the hotel did not seem ready for business. We stayed the second week in May and arrived the first day the hotel opened for the season. We had been told by Delphinia the week before we flew that the hotel was not going to open, but thankfully this was rectified just in time and we were able to stay at our chosen hotel.We were checked in at 1pm, instead of the usual 5pm due to an early flight. The pool wasn't open and the place was deserted, We were initially a little worried.
Me, my boyfriend and my dad shared a 2 bed apartment, which was lovely. We were just away from the smaller pool, and after having a look around were sure we were in the best apartment in the complex. The grounds looked in need of some maintenance, but gardeners were busy the whole time we were there getting the place ready, by the second day we had new plants along our path.
The pool opened on day two and was gorgeous (only very cold), but we were still in and around it most days. Unfortunately the restaurant didn't open before we left, and we therefore didn't get to see the pool area lit up at night. But we all agreed it was THE most beautiful place we'd ever stayed. From the pool area you looked straight onto the sea, and across to Baia Sardinia on the other side of the bay, you could see the small but charming beach across a quiet coast road.
The hotel was within easy walking distance (5min stroll) to the centre of Cannigione village. Which has a rustic charm like no where I've ever been. Again, it was obvious that we were very early in the season, the harbour wasn't fully open as it was being block paved, and some nights we were the only ones in the restaurants.
The food was delicious, and I'm sure the place only improves in peak season. Although, if it was too busy it may lose some of it's charm. We hired a car and in 1 week comfortably visited most of the main sites, Porto Cervo(overrated!), Baia Sardinia(best beach we saw), Maddalena(well worth a visit, more set up for tourists), Bonifacio-Corsica(only 1 hour ferry, really amazing place) were our favourites. It was less than an hours drive from Olbia airport to the hotel.
Our apartment was on ground floor and we had the most amazing view, we could have stayed forever. The hotel staff were great and spoke good English and were very patient with our feeble attempt at Italian. We had problems with our hire car, and the woman at reception rang the company for us and sorted things out.
To sum up- we really fell in love with the place and would love to go back and stay in the same room. We went a little early in the season, but this was reflected in the price and would not deter us from going so early in the future. Not sure if it is worth the high season price, but that seems to be the same all over Sardinia. Highly recommended, cannot understand the bad reviews, it is a rustic Italian village, so providing you're not expecting English bars and US style hotels, then this place is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort Cala di Falco is a 4 star resort at Cannigione, near the Costa Smeralda in the North of Sardinia. A strategic location, just a few steps from the beach at Cannigione and an excellent starting point for visiting the most famous destinations of the North of Sardinia and the Costa Smeralda, or for reaching the La Maddalena Archipelago with its uninhabited islands surrounded by brilliant crystal-clear water. The Resort Cala di Falco faces a stretch of coastline that is full of little bays and beaches of fine white sand such as the one at Mannena, which can be reached using the shuttle bus service directly from the resort. Part of the Delphina Hotels & Resorts group, the Resort Cala di Falco also offers the option of choosing between 3 different styles of beachfront holiday in the North of Sardinia: the hotel formula (Il Borgo), the Residence La Rotonda, or the prestigious Villas dedicated to those who love luxury and privacy. These solutions have been created for holidays in Sardinia aimed at families with children, groups of friends and couples. Waiting for you at the Resort Cala di Falco for a relaxing holiday, surrounded by well-tended Mediterranean gardens, elegant little squares and hand-sculpted stonework, all just a stone’s throw from the lively atmosphere of the charming little town of Cannigione where you can enjoy a walk along the seafront between delightful crafts shops that are open all year round. The Resort Cala di Falco can easily be reached in about 30 minutes from the ferry terminal at Olbia and the international Olbia-Costa Smeralda airport. Resort Cala di Falco – Three solutions for your summer holiday in the North of Sardinia. The 4 star superior hotel Il Borgo is close to the main services and facilities of the Resort Cala di Falco and is set around a large swimming pool provided with umbrellas, sun loungers and with lifeguard service. Two restaurants offer delicious Mediterranean and traditional Sardinian dishes reinterpreted by award-winning chefs while there are lots of free time activities for young and old alike. The Residence La Rotonda, set around its own pool, is the ideal solution for those wanting to spend a holiday in comfort but with a little extra privacy. The town of Cannigione is a well-placed destination from which to reach Porto Cervo and the Costa Smeralda in just a few minutes or to go in search of the most beautiful beaches in the North of Sardinia. At the Resort Cala di Falco there is the option of spending a holiday in one of the 13 luxury Villas that are nearby but still part of the resort, and some of which have a sea view. This is a really comfortable and exclusive solution that guarantees you the maximum in freedom plus the convenience of using all the hotel’s services plus the Baby and Mini Clubs (some services may be charged for). Breakfast, Mediterranean Brunch and dinner in the resort’s restaurants can all be booked directly in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Resort Cala di Falco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Cala Di Falco Hotel Cannigione
- Cala Di Falco Hotel
- Hotel Cala Di Falco
- Resort Cala Di Falco Sardinia/Cannigione