We stayed in the part closest to the main reception building (not Rotonda). The accommodation is terraced 1 or 2 floor buildings, the setting is quite pretty (with flowers in front of the buildings). The rooms themselves are comfortable and spacious, but nothing luxurious. As mentioned before on this website there are some noise problems: you can hear the plumming from adjoining rooms and also noise from the room above, but I wouldn’t say the noise is v bad (i.e. I heard it but didn’t prevent me from falling asleep)
- Alternates between buffet and a la carte menu – quite nice to have waiter service every other day
- dinner service can be a bit slow
- dinner menu isn’t always accurate – for instance vegetarian lasagna was described as “puff pastry with vegetables….”; or menu would say “meat skewers” without mentioning if it’s beef or pork, etc (they do eat lots of pork in sardinia, so if don’t eat pork make sure to tell them)
To be aware of: on the first day you get allocated a dinner table that you will have for the rest of your stay. If you don’t like it you can change it on the first day only (not afterwards).
As previously mentioned on this website sunbeds get taken quite quicky in the morning (so it’s advisable to go to the swimming pool before 10:30). They have a v nice grass area next to the swimming pool but no sunbeds there, in my opinion they should add sunbeds/umbrellas there as well.
Generally good, main reception staff were quite helpful (some gave good recommendations on which beaches to go to) and spoke good English. When we arrived the sink in our room was blocked and a bulb was not working – we complained to the main reception and it got fixed the follwing day.
The cannigione beach is 1 min from the hotel, however it’s not a particularly pretty beach (and the main road is right next to the beach). We tried the Barca Braciatta beach nearby (10-15 mins drive towards Palau), which I liked as it wasn’t too crowded in August.
Children facilities – v good
Make sure to rent a car in advance if you are going in summer! I left the car rental for too late (1 week before arriving) and the Avis car-rental in cannigione did not have any cars available, so had to go to Porto Cervo to get a car. If you rent a car from the airport there is more availability and choice there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort Cala di Falco is a 4 star resort at Cannigione, near the Costa Smeralda in the North of Sardinia. A strategic location, just a few steps from the beach at Cannigione and an excellent starting point for visiting the most famous destinations of the North of Sardinia and the Costa Smeralda, or for reaching the La Maddalena Archipelago with its uninhabited islands surrounded by brilliant crystal-clear water. The Resort Cala di Falco faces a stretch of coastline that is full of little bays and beaches of fine white sand such as the one at Mannena, which can be reached using the shuttle bus service directly from the resort. Part of the Delphina Hotels & Resorts group, the Resort Cala di Falco also offers the option of choosing between 3 different styles of beachfront holiday in the North of Sardinia: the hotel formula (Il Borgo), the Residence La Rotonda, or the prestigious Villas dedicated to those who love luxury and privacy. These solutions have been created for holidays in Sardinia aimed at families with children, groups of friends and couples. Waiting for you at the Resort Cala di Falco for a relaxing holiday, surrounded by well-tended Mediterranean gardens, elegant little squares and hand-sculpted stonework, all just a stone’s throw from the lively atmosphere of the charming little town of Cannigione where you can enjoy a walk along the seafront between delightful crafts shops that are open all year round. The Resort Cala di Falco can easily be reached in about 30 minutes from the ferry terminal at Olbia and the international Olbia-Costa Smeralda airport. Resort Cala di Falco – Three solutions for your summer holiday in the North of Sardinia. The 4 star superior hotel Il Borgo is close to the main services and facilities of the Resort Cala di Falco and is set around a large swimming pool provided with umbrellas, sun loungers and with lifeguard service. Two restaurants offer delicious Mediterranean and traditional Sardinian dishes reinterpreted by award-winning chefs while there are lots of free time activities for young and old alike. The Residence La Rotonda, set around its own pool, is the ideal solution for those wanting to spend a holiday in comfort but with a little extra privacy. The town of Cannigione is a well-placed destination from which to reach Porto Cervo and the Costa Smeralda in just a few minutes or to go in search of the most beautiful beaches in the North of Sardinia. At the Resort Cala di Falco there is the option of spending a holiday in one of the 13 luxury Villas that are nearby but still part of the resort, and some of which have a sea view. This is a really comfortable and exclusive solution that guarantees you the maximum in freedom plus the convenience of using all the hotel’s services plus the Baby and Mini Clubs (some services may be charged for). Breakfast, Mediterranean Brunch and dinner in the resort’s restaurants can all be booked directly in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resort Cala di Falco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Cala Di Falco Hotel Cannigione
- Cala Di Falco Hotel
- Hotel Cala Di Falco
- Resort Cala Di Falco Sardinia/Cannigione