“Food reasonably, service surprising”

Al Novantuno, restaurant & more
Ranked #20 of 50 Restaurants in Cannigione
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

We should have walked away after sitting without any drinks or attention for 10-15 minutes. But when do you walk away when your sitting at a table with your family? The service did not improve during the evening. The food was ok. No reason to complain there. But it was impossible to serve the different dishes for everyone at the same time. And not only for our table. The rest of the restaurant was in the same boat. After making a remark that it would be nice to eat together at the same time the owner did not appreciate the hint. He just doesn't see it. Nor his staff. My suggestion would be to try one of the many other options available.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Ok dinner
We didn't book and we were able to seat outside as it wasn't busy
The prices are similar to the other restaurants close to the marina.
Good choice of wine we went for the middle range and it was ok but I did prefer the cheapest options which usually is sardynian wine

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

we have been here twice enjoying really great food for the price. The starters with a ginger Polo salad or a tuna poke on stracciatella cheese can be highly recommended. We have eaten then the spaghetti with lobster and once with an exceptional Mediterranean slipper lobster. If it's available a must try. The service was not really familiar with the available quality of food but the price was very fair. If service was better absolutely a 5 star location!

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

I was sightseeing Canningione (am I writing the name of the city right ?), and I was hungry. I never suspected that I will find such a great restaurant. Delicious food, great service with bit of humor. I ate tagiliolini pasta with seafood. I cannot describe how great. Food was cheap. For my pasta I payed 13 euro, for big portion.
I don't know what more to say

Reviewed July 26, 2016

We hadn't booked and it was the weekend but the staff found us a table. The food was excellent and our waiter a real laugh. This restaurant is right on the harbour front next to the Hotel Porto and right where the evening market was. Great for people watching. A lot if really good seafood on the menu and a lot of Italians eating in the restaurant.