“Our Best Meal In Sardinia!”
Review of La Zattera

La Zattera
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Cannigione
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've been coming to vacation in Sardinia for many years and for some reason; I always passed by La Zattera, but never stopped for a meal. Finally, we had a most enjoyable meal last night. The dining experience was perfect in every aspect; from the relaxing atmosphere, excellent food and top notch service.

La Zattera is located on the main road passing through Cannegione. The local is warmly decorated with a nautical theme, having baby blue and white colors and only the best quality service ware (tables clothes, utensils, dishes etc.) Soft music is played over the restaurant's audio system, adding to the relaxing experience. Candles illuminate every table and darker corners in restaurant. The two waiters provided extremely polished service and were most friendly as well. Both spoke decent English for foreign visitors.

The menu is comprised of many original and interesting temptations. I started with an order of six raw oysters (3 euro each) that were husked open and served on a bed of shaved ice. They were very fresh and tasty. My wife enjoyed the Tuna and Mango Tartar. The portion was generous and beautifully plated.

For an entrée, we had a 900 gram Sea Bass baked in a sea salt shell. I've had fish prepared in this manner in numerous other restaurants around Italy; however, this was by far the best I've ever had. The cooked fish was brought to our table, with the salt on fire, flambé style. The fish was expertly presented, deboned and platted. Cooking in salt allows the fish to retain all its natural juices. Bravo La Zattera!!! We had assorted grilled vegetables as a side dish that were perfectly cooked.

I then had the Crème Brulee for dessert and my wife enjoyed a Tortino al Cioccolato that was a mini cake with a warm hot chocolate center.

Prices were a little on the high side; however, the overall dining experience and quality of food merits these prices. I highly recommend La Zattera to the TripAdvisor community.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Loved our hoilday in Cannigione, I would go back anytime. Loved La Zattera, would go back tonight if I could make it before closing time! Great food, very friendly staff and beautiful decor. We had planned to go elsewhere but the other place was fully booked and looked a bit dull ( you were sat in the street outside the local laundrette) so we headed of to find somewhere else. It was early and we walked passed La Zattera which was empty but we thought we would try it! So glad we did, within an hour it was full. Great atmosphere, and great food. Some pepople say it is pricey, but compared to any top restauraunt back home I think it was very reasonable for the quality.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We went here twice this summer. It's a nice restaurant, with considerable attention given to decor and presentation. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food consistently very good - tasty, well presented and well seasoned. This does come at a price though. The clue was in the staff wearing St Barts shirts - the only place on earth I have felt like a pauper! Probably the best restaurant in Cannigione but you have been warned!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

So good we went there twice. Lovely ambience, great menu, deft service and really excellent food. Creative, high quality - the best by far in our two week trip.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We both had a lovely antipasta, but had some trouble with the main course. The lamb chops were overdone and they forgot to serve a side dish, even after anouncing it was on its way. Too bad that these things break an otherwise nice dinner.

1  Thank WillemBuys