“Overpriced and unremarkable food!”

Pete's at the Beach
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Sylvan Lake
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We ordered a couple of beers with two sandwiches + fries and ordered 2 scrambled eggs for our baby. It looked like it had been in the fridge and reheated and it came with awful hash browns. The tab was $55 for unremarkable food.

One of the sandwiches came with such a small portion of fries that we asked for more and were charged $7 for it! We complained to the server who barely acknowledged the complaint and didn't do anything about it. I had to ask for her supervisor after paying for the check to get this charge cancelled.

1  Thank Ge P
There are newer reviews for Pete's at the Beach

Reviewed July 3, 2013

At the tourist info booth, they recommended this place for pizza. (At first we thought it was called "Pizza at the Beach!") We missed seeing it on our way to our hotel, but then we got better directions and found it easily later.

We sat out on the patio and before long, someone came to give us water (in dinky plastic cups) and to take our order. There was a pretty good discount for ordering two pizzas, so we each ordered a small one. I asked for mushrooms, pineapple, and fresh tomato on mine. We also ordered poutine as an appetizer. We then proceeded to wait 45 minutes without seeing our server once. Finally, the poutine arrived, only to followed two seconds later, by our pizza. These items were brought by a second, friendlier server, and she offered to take the pizza back and keep it hot for us while we ate our poutine.

I really enjoyed the poutine, which was sort of spread out on a piece of tinfoil and baked. My husband thought it needed salt. When I got my pizza, it looked like the fresh tomato had been put on as an after-thought. The pizza was topped with thick chunks of tomato, not thin slices like you would expect, and it was just gross. I ended up taking all the tomato off and eating it without. It definitely wasn't the best pizza ever. It actually tasted better later that night, after being refrigerated.

Overall, we weren't very impressed with the restaurant, but the next day, we decided to order a poutine "to-go" in hopes that it wouldn't take forever. We stepped inside, a friendly chef took our order and told us it would be 7 minutes, and 7 minutes later, we had our poutine to-go! Again, I found it to be delicious.

1  Thank Kipnus
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Dave and the gang know how to serve up a pie! I lived here for five years and it was the first place I ordered from the day I moved. Really diverse pizza menu, fresh ingredients and REALLY "out there" decore. It has a beautiful view of the lake. Very busy in Jul-Aug but cool patio for outside dining.

1  Thank Bryon M
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Service was horrible, staff were rude, food was not cooked properly. They would have to pay me to go back there.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Way over priced for the" average at best" food we had. For only having a half dozen or so people including ourselves, we waited a VERY LONG time to even have someone ask us if we wanted something to drink. Will NOT be returning!!!!