“beautiful hotel , great location, wonderful staff”

Best Western Plus Chateau Inn Sylvan Lake
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sylvan Lake
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 7, 2012

decided to take my teenage son to sylvan lake alberta for a 2 day get away, and was excited to find out they have recently built a new best western. not only was their a new hotel best western built recently but the whole town has been transformed into a new and improved place, the improvements to the park , beach and main street is wonderful. The hotel is located right across from the beach on main street, and near by the water slides, .
The staff are so friendly, and helpful, i love kind people, and the staff seem like they really enjoy thier job, must have wonderful management. Anyhow, cant wait to save up some money and go back, the hotel and town was a great time .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We arrived around lunchtime, check in wasn't until 4pm. I went and asked the girl at the front desk if we could leave the car in the carpark? She said give me your name and just let me see if your room is ready. It was, her name was Stephanie and she was really pleasant. We had a room on the 4th floor with a lovely view of the lake it was awesome. Room was really, really nice. Talking to Tanis the next day I told her we were going to the movies but the one we wanted to watch wasn't on until 9.30 in the evening. She suggested going to Red Deer instead and printed off maps and the times of the movies which was very nice of her. Saturday afternoon we went to the pool & the hot tub and passing the front desk there was a big bowl of cookies. When we came out of the pool the jar was empty. When we came in the next afternoon there was no cookies and I said oh the cookies are all gone. Tanis said I have them baking in the oven, I will bring some up to your room and did she did and that was just the icing on the cake. Breakfast was awesome, although I didn't try them they had a waffle maker there and they looked really good. Sasusages & ham both mornings with hashbrown casserole one day and scrambled eggs & hashbrowns the next dat, Bagels, muffins, toast fruit & ceral, all you could ask for really. Although the weather wasn't nice the staff and hotel still made our weekend away memorable. Thanks guys. I booked on HOTWIRE and it was cheaper than booking through the hotel.

Barb

Room Tip: 4th Floor for view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The girl working at the desk was very nice. I didn't get her name but she just moved to Alberta from Manitoba. She was dry accommodating and let us check in early. She was so cheerful. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was such good quality. It had a lot more than I expected. It had eggs waffles hash browns sausages muffins fruit yogurt juices etc. the pool and hot tub was very nice. It is pretty close to the beach which is nice. I would define rly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Albertan123
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was fortunate to have a room on the 4th floor, which I would recommend other travellers ask for when booking, as I still had a view of the lake. The lower floors have their view blocked by a big condo development right accross the street, which keeps all of it's balconey lights on all night, so it's a good idea to close your curtains before you go to sleep. The hotel staff were absolutly wonderful - very friendly and excellent service. The breakfast was delicious; there were celiac options for me, yogurt and a wonderful potato & cheese casserole, pla good variety of fruits - plums, peaches, apples... For non-celiacs there was a very cool waffle maker, so they could make their own hot off the griddle waffles, and add their own choice of toppings. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they looked very clean and inviting and were open until 10:00pm. I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the top floor facing the lake, as lower floors have their view blocked by the big con...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A new option for Sylvan lake and the best available. Yes as the reviews state it is new and a standard for Best western plus but the staff are friendly, the hotel clean and breakfast is very generous. I wish there were options for hanging swim suits and one of the elevators seems a bit off but otherwise this is the best place to stay in sylvan lake hands down.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We arrived to a quick check in and clean room, lobby was tastefully done and breakfast was good for a free continental. We only have one complaint. We were checked in by a young woman brook I believe her name is (extreamly helpful) Check in was good but check out was not, brook was checking us out when another employee Tina I think her name was, was continually talking over her and being very rude. Tina never smiled and we herd her gossiping about brook all morning loudly while we were trying to eat! No peaceful sitting. We did not receive good service from her. However the hotel facility was quite adiquite, it had a hot tub, pool, free wi-fi (which could use an upgrade) the maintenance staff was helpfull as well. As well the power went out and there was a flood but the staff were quick at responding and very helpfull. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked this hotel and enjoyed our room even though we arrived late and left early. It was clean, comfortable with a good view and location.
The BIG PROBLEM: Back home our credit card account showed 2 extra charges separate from the prepaid room and taxes. The $100 we think is the hold charge (which should never be charged) and $27 probably topped up the hold to the regular room rate. Best Western did clear the charges after a phone call.
BUT TAKE SERIOUS WARNING:::CHECK YOUR BILLS!!!!!

Room Tip: I only gave it terrible service because my credit card was over charged $127. Other than that the s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#1 of 2 in Sylvan Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Chateau Inn Sylvan Lake? Share your experiences!