“Impeccable Service and Delicious Food”
Review of Rainforest Hideaway - CLOSED

Rainforest Hideaway
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the waterfront in a bay described by American travel writer, James Michenor, as the "most beautiful bay in the Caribbean" - Rainforest blends into the mangroves and has been described in the Wall Steet Journal as one of the most romantic restaurant locations in the world. Serving Sophisticated Caribbean food in a rustic and casual atmosphere - with service and food standards to match any international restaurant - the theme of Rainforest is "Magical Dining in Marigot Bay". Let it be the highlight experience of your St Lucia vacation. Now open every night of the week in High Season and five nights in Summer. Live Jazz on 5 nights - Monday, Wednesday Thursday, Friday and Saturday all year round. Special Taxi arrangements from Rodney Bay - call 286 0511 or 451 4485 for Taxi details
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at Oasis, so Rainforest Hideaway was a very quick walk away. After reading the reviews we knew we couldn't miss the chance to dine here, and let me tell you - the reviews were right! If you are looking for a quiet and secluded dining destination in St. Lucia this is a great pick.

There aren't many tables at Rainforest Hideaway... maybe a dozen, at most. The restaurant is out over the water and while you're eating you'll be cooled by the breezes wafting in. We were there on jazz night, which means we were serenaded by smoky and seductive music that was loud enough to hear but not loud enough that we had to shout over it. It was the perfect background music on a sultry summer night.

At Rainforest you can choose to receive either 2 courses or 3. My husband and I each went with the 3 course meal and I left there STUFFED. My first course was the largest caesar salad I have ever had. I was almost full after this course! Following the appetizer I had a beef tenderloin course, and then dessert was a coconut and pineapple cheesecake. Everything I ate was perfectly made and delicious, and my husband was just as happy with his picks.

The service was really what set this restaurant apart for me and I think Rainforest Hideaway had better service than anywhere else I've ever eaten. The courses were delivered at the perfect intervals, and our waitress was attentive without hovering. Whenever our drinks were empty we were presented with the option of a new drink. The waitress and all of the bartenders were very accommodating and pleasant.

If you find yourself around Marigot Bay I highly recommend making a reservation here. We spent a week in St. Lucia and this was definitely one of the highlights!

JohnVerity, Owner at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Licurl64

We very much appreciate your comprehensive review of your dining experience at Rainforest. The staff see all the reviews - and will be very encouraged by your comments. We also use the reviews to learn about what we do right - and what we do wrong. We had one recent reviewer who expressed some disappointment with their service - but your comment - "better service than anywhere else I've ever eaten" - would seem to indicate that this issue has been satisfactorily addressed..!

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Owner - rainforest Hideaway

Reviewed June 30, 2013

While watching the ferry rides all week carrying guests back and forth on the bay, we patiently awaited our turn to experience this gem of a restaurant...and to our surprise, the best experience we had during our vacation. We celebrated our birthdays (both Aries) with a lovely meal, wine and the most romantic ambiance one could ask for. Wednesday nights there is a lovely woman who sings jazz (like a bird) and the lighting (with fish) couldn't be more inviting. Amazing presentation, taste and the price is perfect for what you get. Thank you very much to the owners and the chef that were very nice and hospitable. You truly have the best place in St. Lucia. My boyfriend is a gourmet chef and still raves about it!! NO matter what you do in St. Lucia.....this is worth it all!!

Dear MAITE D

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Rainforest - your exuberance comes over so clearly in your "bubbling" words...and you seem to have picked up on all the USP's of the restaurant from the live jazz with the beautiful Empress Isla to the "dancing' fish in the lagoon - but not forgetting the food, service and ambiance.

Please tell all your friends.....and come back soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was a rainy evening so we were wet when we arrived on the boat there! Not a good look. Food good and well presented but restaurant very gloomy and dark and only ropes to one. side so one of us almost lost our expensive handbag to the water!! Had been told how marvellous it was so a tad disappointed.

Dear Tessa805

I am sorry that you were a little disappointed by your experience at Rainforest - but it appears to me that most of your issues were in respect of matters beyond our control - and not the food or service.

We have had a lot of rain recently and I can well believe that arriving wet and not "looking good" might have influenced your view. What you saw as "gloomy and dark" is regularly reported by others as "romantic". We have low overhead ambient lighting and hurricane lamps on each table creating pools of intimate light - but best enjoyed when dry and feeling good..! We take responsibility for most things - but not the weather.

Likewise our waterfront tables are much sought after - diners want to be as close to the water as possible - but I think they would be much less attractive if we erected catch fences for errant "expensive handbags"

I hope you will give us another chance in better weather conditions....and keep that handbag under control...!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food here is of a very high standard and is imaginative, tasty and nicely presented.
The setting makes it a special experience. We have been here before and found the service to be very good but this time we were not so impressed! The waitress appeared a little disinterested but we still had a great evening and would return.

Dear greatescapeLondon

Thank you for your review of your dining experience at Rainforest. I am sorry that you were less impressed with the service than the food - but pleased that this did not spoil your evening.

I contacted you privately to get a little more information about the service experience, but you have not responded, so there is little we can do except remind all wait staff how important good service is. We have had several reviews since yours which have praised the service standards - with words like "impeccable" and "awesome" service - so I am assuming that the waitress in question recognised her own under-par performance that night and has focused....!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a lovely spot to have a really beautiful meal. Access is by a short 2 min ferry journey and once there you are greeted by friendly and welcoming staff. The restaurant is on the left hand side as you approach and has lovely views of the bay. There is a set price for a 2 or 3 course meal but small surcharges do apply on some of the dishes. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. There are some complimentary appetisers to start the night off and a sorbet to cleanse the palate in between starters and mains. The food itself is wonderful and I would highly recommend it. We had a really enjoyable night at the restaurant and I look forward to going back again.

JohnVerity, Owner at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear J0hnMakin

Thanks for your review of Rainforest - which touched on many of the USP's - particularly the short ferry ride - leaving the ordinary world behind for a special place - the friendly staff and the "wonderful" food. We know you are leaving the island soon - but I do hope you will come back and see us again - before you go.