This is our third consecutive year renting a villa in Marigot Bay, as well as the third time we have rented on Sea View Avenue. This house is easily our favorite.
The villa is meticulously maintained, and ideally situated to provide spectacular views of the harbor and capture the most consistently cooling breezes of any island home we have rented. No need for air conditioning or fans (although both are available), and moreover, the constant breeze insures a "bug free" environment.
The kitchen is well appointed, with an enormous gas range, micro wave, and huge refrigerator (which provides more than enough crushed or cubed ice) together with spacious dining areas both inside and outside on the deck overlooking the harbor. For those who frequently travel to the islands, and dread the constant need to shop for (and lug around) cases of bottled water the owners have installed a filtration system that entirely eliminates that daily burden.
Finally, the owners, together with their property management team (Pauline and Cornelius), were the most comprehensive and accommodating team for hosting our stay of any property we have rented in the past twenty years. From providing recommendations for car-rentals, to "things to do" to arranging in villa banquets (be sure to have Pauline schedule Chef Joel for at least one "Island banquet" during your stay...the best meal you'll have) they were incredibly responsive, courteous, and always available.
Definitely a five star stay!!
Rick & Karen S.
50th birthday! 8 friends stayed here (four Couples). Each of us had a spectacular room, large, clean with huge ensuites. All rooms have access to balcony and views of Marigot Bay, St. Martinique on the one side and all the way to St. Vincent on the other upper balcony. There is still one extra smaller room and a game room for extra people. We used the game room as my girlfriend and mine work out space.
Chris the house owner is fantastic and has a helpful book with tips in the house.
Cornelius and Pauline the house managers were awesome and always just a phone call away. They were extremely helpful and we went out on Cornelius's small boat for a fraction of other tours for the day. He took us snorkeling to Sugar Bay and I believe the Chateau? As well as a stop in Soufriere for lunch.
Marigot is a quite and quaint but still enough fun for us with restaurants and what became our favorite hangout at Chateau Mygo. Best bar around, lively evenings and great food.
We ventured out a lot and would use a local cab to take all 8 of us to Rodney Bay, Soufriere, etc.
Other trips I would advise is beach across from Pigeon Bay for the day, we weren’t there long enough and did not bring our suits as it was raining but when we got to that side it was lovely!!
As a Snorkeler I know we had discussed here are some points for great snorkeling.
· across at Doolittles on calm day, go along man made reef off the dock and keep going, it is amazing.
· Roots I would advise to stay away, we had an amazing lunch but we were bombarded by people selling, and we got way over charged!!!
· we walked down to small cove that is behind the house and a few streets over, quite, has old BBQ’s if you have a car. Good snorkeling, bit more challenging and it was rough the day we were there. If you are a hiker…then you must try the trail right up the hill up to the house….expert advised! Very steep and we popped out just below the house.
· Snorkling was amazing for small fish at Sugar beach worth the stop but very touristy and you are not alone but we would have gone back to the more private beach next time and stay longer.
· we then went with Cornelius over to beach Name? by Chateau?? and it was too rough but good. Would be excellent on a calm day and much more private. No one from the resort asked if we were guests and we had chairs.
· LOVED your Chateaux Mygo and we were regulars by the end. Loved the staff and food, happy hour is a must.
· Fine dining, we only went to Cappella’s and it was 5 star but you pay as well. It was well worth it in the end.
· Local-Soufriere place called Fedo’s we went a different time and like it better than place on water that Cornelius advised. Hard to get to if on foot though.
· Julliettes we did not have a great experience, both ambiance and food was lacking. Two of us had diarrhea the next day and that was the only thing in common was our meals.
· Dukes for Lobster and I had never had grilled Conch which I ate way to0 much and a friend of mine. We were really confused as to lines and where to go, one was fish one for conch. So I think Pauline and Cornelieus know them well. I guess we were to go up to actual restaurant to let them know but we missed that part. Better signing for tourist would help.
· A must is the stop for Kavassa (spelling?) a bread made out of Maniok root (sp?) along side the road up top going out of Marigot. Side road stop and great lesson on how they made the “bread” out of the root, as well as tasted great. If I had found it earlier I would have supplied great business as I am Gluten intolerant and otherwise hard to find alternatives.
· I will refer many a friend and family to this house as it has its own pool as well! For those that are physically challenged the house is on a very steep hill to walk up to and even the driveway stairs are very steep.
This home was as wonderful as pictured and described. The views of the bay and ocean were relaxing. The home can easily comfortably accommodate many more than our group of 8, as it is very spacious. We chose not to get rental cars for our group. The taxi stand at the base of the hill was very convenient, and all the taxis we took could accommodate our entire group of 8. Many in our party agree that the best Indian food we have had was to be found at the base of the hill at Spice of India, Rodney Bay.
Our aim was to relax and unwind, and this villa was the ideal spot. It's a stunning location to spend lazy days watching the world come and go on paddle boards, boats and catamarans in the very picturesque Marigot Bay. The layout of the house is perfect for absorbing the truly breath-taking views from sunrise to sunset.
With just two of us staying we enjoyed the luxury of such a spacious, bright and comfortable house - we particularly loved the huge main bedroom and lovely large walk-in rain shower, the cooling breezes and ceiling fans, the quality appliances and BBQ. Everything that was organised for us from the airport transfers to the meet and greet with Pauline on arrival went perfectly to plan.
Marigot Bay is well located for visiting the island, and we'd recommend car hire for ease of getting out exploring, going to the supermarket and, not least, to avoid the steep walk back to the house from Marigot Bay! (not an option for us due to recent surgery.)
We own and rent our own 5 star holiday rental property, and as such have very high expectations when we travel - if you're heading to St Lucia we'd happily recommend Villa Bo Lanme.
The pictures do not do this property enough justice. A beautiful home overlooking Marigot Bay. 5 bedrooms each with their own on suite, great shared spaces, a beautiful patio that runs the back of the house overlooking Marigot Bay, and a fantastic pool.
We stayed for a week over the 4th of July and enjoyed every minute.
The owners provide a phenomenal amount of information on the house, Marigot Bay, and Saint Lucia before arrival. In addition, they maintain a great staff that assist in your stay (a house manager, optional cook, and an optional driver).
Will rent this villa again in the future.
The property is situated beautifully above Marigot Bay - the perfect location from which to do nothing, if you choose, and just enjoy an incredible view from almost any location in the villa. The villa itself is tasteful in design and function. I don't think the pictures on the websites give it proper credit. The beiges and whites contribute to a peaceful and relaxed setting, and the whitewash look on the exposed beams is inspired. And it's hard to put into words just how wonderful it feels to lay at night with a cooling Caribbean breeze freely circulating throughout the bedroom. Air conditioning is available but unnecessary. Every appliance is in good working order and the kitchen and cupboards are well furnished with everything you need. This villa also offers a game room, which was a hit with our group of mostly young adults.
Marigot Bay is an excellent location from where to explore St Lucia, but the villa itself is the best place to be. The best fun we had was at a small inlet to the south of Marigot Bay and only a short walk from the villa. We had our own beach and BBQ, very good snorkeling, and - for the adventurous - the opportunity to cliff dive from a large rock formation extending over the water. Incredible fun and memories for a lifetime.
One last item worth mentioning. The villa owner and his caretakers for the property are absolutely accommodating and invested in making your stay as enjoyable and carefree as possible.
I always like to stay in a private residence versus a hotel as the privacy is something I really enjoy. This was by far the best I have ever stayed in. Everything about this home is impeccable. There was not a spot of dust anywhere (and this is a very large home), they had every cooking utensil you would ever need, top of the line appliances, and the finishes in the home are top of the line. You can tell that a lot of thought was put into designing this home. They have porches on 3 sides and no matter where you sit, there is a breathtaking view. Myself and one other person stayed here and while there of course was enough room, I think with 12 others we wouldn't be on top of each other. The pool was very clean and large to accommodate a large party also. There is also enough seating not only inside, but also outside to handle 12 or more so everyone can be together. There are 3 very large suites and en suite bathrooms that are very roomy and very well done. In addition, there are 2 additional bedrooms that are also a nice size. Chris is very responsive to any questions and makes sure that you have all the information you would ever need. We were a little weary of renting a car, but he assured us it wasn't as bad as it sounds to drive there. It took a little while getting used to driving on the other side of the road, but very glad we ended up renting a car. We got to see a lot of the island that we otherwise wouldn't have seen and got to meet a lot of the local residents. Also, while you are there, you will have support from individuals that live there that are happy to answer any questions. I look forward to returning with my family in the next year.