“Sail Like a VIP”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sail Like a VIP”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Where do I begin? This excursion was an absolute treat! From the minute we were whisked away at port, our day was beyond our expectations! While the many boats frequently sailed by us with loads of tourists, my husband and I would sneak a look at each other and secretly smile! Basking in the sun and sipping extremely delicious and unique rum punch, we were living the dream. If you can imagine pure bliss, that was us. The day was for us to dictate. The crew was fabulous. The guys took care of everything! We never needed or wanted for anything. Besides the stops for snorkeling, swimming, and just sailing around the island, we also enjoyed a yummy lunch prepared at Frank's restaurant. The curry was delicious! This day was absolutely worth the money. There is no other way to spend a "port" cruise day in St. Lucia.

FYI...if you are lucky enough- (and I do say this with sarcasm!) to visit shell beach, take a pair of steel-toe shoes with you. The beach is far from the imagined fluffy shell remains churned into soft sand. The rocks leading out of the water are a torture device left by the French I am sure. The crew tricked me into swimming to shore...I am just sure of it!! I do still love them, though!) On a high note, my husband did collect many interesting shells at the expense of destroying my tender princess feet!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Valerie H

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous Sail in St. Lucia”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I made arrangements for our half-day sail via the internet before we left for our trip to St. Lucia. Frank at Bateau Mygo was very responsive and getting the sail set up was a breeze. I had mentioned that since we were staying on the north end of the island, that we wanted to sail to see the Pitons if possible and get a little snorkeling in. Bateau Mygo sent a taxi to our hotel to pick us up and bring us to their base in the charming Marigot Bay. We were delighted to learn that our ship was a beautiful Beneteau 42. Our crew - Captain Kevin and First Mate Lloyd were very friendly, took wonderful care of us and made us feel right at home. The sail was everything we'd hoped for and more! We sailed down for excellent views of the Pitons, and then headed to an incredible snorkeling area where we were able to see all kinds of fish and corals. The snacks and refreshments onboard were very good as well. My boyfriend and I have made quite a few charters in several locations (Galveston Bay, Corpus Christi, Cabo, Grenada) in the last few years (both group and private) but this was by far one of the best experiences we've had! I highly recommend Bateau Mygo Sailing Charters!!

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Private Charter”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We did a private charter for the day of our wedding. The staff was super great (Hi Kevin!) which really made the trip although we got off to a rocky start when they were not at the right pickup location..but they got us, and we boarded alright. It you just want to sail the ocean blue for a half day, this is a great trip. Hoewever, we were in it for the snorkeling and I wasnt very satisfied with the area they took us (thank goodness we signed up with another outfit later on to do some real snorkeling). They stopped mid way to hand in our final payment which I found a little unprofessional... but we got a good look at the island from the sea and had a nice quiet day. I found it expensive for what we got and we actually had more fun when we went for a similar tour with a group that stopped more often (and it was way less expensive) and had way better snorkel locations.

Visited September 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Anniversary Cruise”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just returned from a week-long anniversary trip in St. Lucia. Without a doubt, the half-day sunset sail charter with Frank and his crew was the highlight of the trip. Frank was very prompt in responding to all of our inquires. Since we were staying in Marigot Bay, it was only a short walk to the Bateau Mygo offices. From there we stepped onto their flagship catamaran and the adventure began. We sailed down the west coast near The Pitons to a couple of fantastic snorkeling spots. While en route we were treated with delicious snacks and our choice of beverages. Frank also provided great insight into some of the local history of St. Lucia and the sights we were enjoying. The sunset cruise back up the coast to Marigot Bay was fantastic and really was the high point of an incredible week. We highly recommend Frank and Bateau Mygo when planning a special celebratory event in St. Lucia. We look forward to a return trip in the future and will certainly be cruising with Frank and company.

Visited July 2012
Vineland, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sunset sail”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our sunset sail. We had a destination wedding in St. Lucia and we decided we wanted to go on a sunset cruise. The captain was Kevin very professional very nice I can't say enough good things about him and his first mate Anthony who catered to our every need. And he's also an excellent bartender his special homemade punch was unbelievable and he made sure we never had an empty glass. Viewing the island from the sail boat was absolutely beautiful and the sunset was amazing. If your ever in St. Lucia I highly recommend you check out Bateau Mygo Sailing.

Visited June 2012