“A night to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles

Erie, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

My fiance planned our engagement with Bateau Mygo Sailing. He arranged a sunset cruise down to Mygo Bay. The boat was manned by Lundy and Nixon. These two gentlemen were wonderful. They made sure we were comfortable the entire time ...especially since we encountered a little rain on our trip.

My fiance and I sat on the front of the boat while we sailed. It was quite romantic and the views were stunning. I was suprised when he proposed, I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect setting.

Thanks Bateau Mygo for making this a night I will never forget.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank SusanK78

Houston
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Lot's of fun and professional crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Bateau Mygo Sailing Charters was very professional, easy to work with (we booked before going to St. Lucia) and provided a great day.

As I understand it, they will go where ever you'd like to go. We requested to head south to the Pitons so we could view them from the sea. Therefore, we met them at their main location in Marigot Bay.

We went snorkeling twice, had a great vew of the Pitons and an excellent chicken, rice, pumpkin and salad lunch. They provided everything necessary to enjoy the day.

Our captain was Nikson and his assistant was Londie. Both of these guys were great conversationalisty, knew what they were doing and were really enjoyable.

You won't be disappointed sailing with Bateau Mygo.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank keepgoingandgoing
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A wonderful day sailing and a terrific lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

My wife and I took our two teenage daughters on a cruise to the Southern & Eastern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas and we arranged day charters (sails) at St Thomas (went to St John), St Lucia and Grenada in order to experience the islands more intimately (than from a cruise ship). I was highly selective, researching all options extensively. On St Lucia, we chose a catamaran with Bateau Mygo and it was a terrific day! Nixon was our captain and Londi was first mate - both were so friendly and accommodating! The boat was perfectly clean and our quarters-for-the-day were shown to us. The wind was light and we ended up motoring most of the time (thank goodness we had the motor!), but we relaxed in the netting up front and enjoyed seeing the beautiful island from offshore. We were taken for a delicious lunch (included in the fee) in Marigot harbor and spent some time walking around there, then we sailed again until it was time to be dropped off back at our ship, perfect timing - no anxiety about missing the ship. We highly recommend Bateau Mygo if you get the chance!

Visited April 2011
4 Thank The_Mayer_Family
Pepperell, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Like a precious gift”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Yes, this excursion was costly. No, I don't regret going - not in the least. Our original plan was to go on a group catamaran tour, since they are less expensive. The night before our scheduled trip, we received a call indicating that not enough people signed up and the trip was cancelled. We knew it was a long shot, but we called Bateau MyGo. Frank happened to be in the office late that evening, took my call and arranged to pick us up the following morning.

My kids roll their eyes when I tell them that every day is a gift. But our day out on the catamaran - we all agreed - was a gift... with no returns! You cannot help but be at peace with the sea breeze at your face, the beautiful St. Lucia landscape surrounding you and the power of the wind carrying you forward to adventure!

Our day included travel along the western coast of the island. We stopped in at Marigot Bay at the charter company's restaurant, Chateau MyGo, where the crew picked up our gourmet lunch "to go". This, my friends, is like no take out you have ever experienced - mahi mahi and grilled vegetables along with fresh fruit.

Our 3-person crew, captain Frank, Londie and Anthony offered up the perfect balance. They were friendly and shared interesting facts about St. Lucia, but they were mindful of giving us time to ourselves. Our entire group consisted of just the four of us - me, my husband and our two kids (ages 22 and 18).

We stopped to do some snorkeling, which was fantastic. We got a close up view of the Pitons. If you are visiting St. Lucia, I suppose you could be perfectly happy to stay on the beach for a whole week and you wouldn't feel slighted, but our opinion was that if you were going to put in the effort and expense to get there, you may as well explore it as fully as possible. A Bateau MyGo sailing excursion is the best way to embrace the beauty of St. Lucia.

Visited May 2011