Marigot Palms Luxury Caribbean Guesthouse and Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Marigot Bay B&B and Inns
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia
“Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Its difficult to review only because all the other reviews have been bang on. Danny & Ann are the perfect hosts you feel they have opened up their home and welcome you in . The apartments are beautifully decorated and the staff do a wonderful job of keeping the rooms and the grounds clean.The apartments are perfectly located to provide amazing views of Marigot Bay. You could sit all day and watch the bay it is that nice.Marigot Palms is centered for touring the island with the rugged Pitons and volcano to the south and Rodney Bay and it's flatter terrain to the north .It was interesting for me to see the Rodney Bay area as that was the starting point for research when we decided to visit St Lucia . It is a very commercialized area and I was very happy that we had chosen to stay at Marigot Palms We spent 2 weeks and did not turn on a tv or radio . Every few days we would take a excursion with Cryus ( he could be the unofficial mayor of the island).He seems to know everyone and everything on the island and helped add that local character to our experience . Danny and Ann are well versed on available local trips and help advise on what to see and do. Do not hesitate to book with Marigot Palms I know my wife and I will be going back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We booked this trip for the beginning of 2013 but due to snow and flight cancellations we didn't make it until 2014! Ann and Danny were wonderful about honoring the reservations from the prior year. We didn't know much about Marigot Bay at the outset but were beyond delighted in arriving and finding that it's just the perfect base location to explore the whole of St. Lucia from. The accommodations are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The wifi was useful and the beds were super comfortable. The bathrooms are very clean and the water pressure and temps are great. The rooms are well appointed and if you lack for anything Danny and Ann will do their best to help you find a solution. The views from the terrace and patio are absolutely breathtaking. I wouldn't hesitate to book again and stay at Marigot Palms with Ann and Danny as host and Cyrus as guide and manager. We rented a car, and from Marigot Palms it was easy to get to Castries, Soufriere & the Pitons, Gros Islet, Anse La Raye....Marigot Palms is really an ideal location. On a more personal note; I was a little under the weather during my trip, and Ann and Danny really went the extra mile in helping me find some aspirin and making hot tea with syrup and lime. It's their extra care in dealing with small things like this that really make them shine. They helped me get back on my feet in no time, and it was very comforting. They all of thorough knowledge of the island and can help you work an itinerary too if you arrive not sure what to do during your stay. We stayed in the Buckingham and Clarence on the patio/pool level. Highly recommended in the area: Anse La Raye fish fry (the fried fish stuffs are really good; I would choose that over the stewed items); Juliette's restaurant in Marigot is amazing and local. Would also do a taxi or charter a sailboat to see the island from the sea.

Room Tip: All rooms are great in that there are 4 suites (I believe). Do note that the two lower level suites...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I just finished a perfect week in St. Lucia celebrating my son's first birthday with BOTH sets of grandparents. I spent a long time looking for the perfect lodging for this trip that could accommodate all of our unique needs: We have a crawling and cruising baby, my mother is disabled, and my husband's parents are cruisers with a dog! We needed a place that was pet friendly, baby friendly, cane-friendly and near a marina. We found it at Marigot Palms. By the time we left, we felt that the owners (Danny and Ann) and the property manager (Cyrus) were a part of our family. Danny didn't even mind when my son tried to eat his shoes. Regarding the baby, they had everything we could possibly need to make the trip more enjoyable: A car seat for their shuttle van, a high chair, a pack & play with a custom fit mosquito net and even a bouncer! Regarding my disabled mother, there were 2 sets of stairs that she could use to get to the pool level. One was longer and shallow, the other had a good hand rail. She actually switched back and forth depending on her mood on which one she would take. Regarding the dog, he couldn't have been happier, and we all enjoyed at least one hike up and down the hill to the marina to get to the sail boat, ice cream parlor, or spa. Since our group was varied and the baby turned in so early every night, we asked that they help us arrange for a chef. The way it worked out is that we basically got "take away" delivered every night… except it was delivered on real porcelain plates! Several elements of the stay made this vacation "the most relaxing ever," according to my father. First the pool has a single jet that causes a slight current in the water. So if you are floating on a noodle…. you go around and around gently as if you are on your own, personal lazy river. To say that it was amazing is an understatement. I was in it every chance I got. Second, the beds were like sleeping on clouds. I am very picky about comfortable beds, and these were simply divine. The cotton sheets were also soft and high thread-count. Third, their shuttle service allowed us to tour the island with ease. We were literally picked up and dropped off at everything we wanted to see, plus Cyrus also picked out perfect lunch and snack spots. Don't let the sticker shock of the price scare you away, renting renting your own car in St. Lucia is expensive, and hiring a car with a driver who knows exactly where to go and what to do is well worth it. We spent some days relaxing around Marigot Bay, and saved a significant amount of money taking advantage of the shuttle. I truly loved every minute and I am so glad I chose this guest house!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have a slightly more spectacular view, and the rooms on the lower floor a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dorset
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed at Marigot Palms between 1-8 Feb 2014 and had a wonderful time.
We stayed upstairs in the Sandringam Suite, which was spotlessly clean and beautfully decorated and had the most amazing views out over the bay - we really could have sat and watched the view from the balcony all day. Beautful pool and gardens - a really idyllic spot. Danny & Ann were possibly the best hosts I've ever stayed with, nothing was too much trouble and there were loads of nice touches throughout our stay whcih really made it special. Breakfast is well worth including - Ann's gorgeous cakes are to blame for my holiday weight gain!
We enjoyed ziplining, a trip to the attracttions around Soufries and Friday Night Fish Fry with Cyrus - a genuinely lovely guy who made sure we packed lots in and had great fun. Danny also helped us arrange a private water taxi with Alex down to the Pitons and to see the sunset from the water which was well worth doing.
Marigot Bay itself is well-worth a visit - we loved the RainForest Hideaway, JDs, Chateay Mygo and the Discovery Hotel bar in the evenings - something great about taking a trip across the bay to reach the restaurants.
I can't speak highly enough of Marigot Palms - book it today, you won't regret it! I'd definitely go again.

Room Tip: Go for the Sandringham Suite and savour the view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Marigot Palms in the Sandringham Suite for 5 weeks (November 30 2013 to January 3, 2014). We booked with Steve in April and were greeted by Ann and Danny. The following is our review:

Location: Marigot Palms was a 7 minute walk to the Marina, where you can find a small grocery store ($$$), bank, bakery, and some souvenir shops. A boat at the Marina will take you to the beach just across the Bay for $2 US / person both ways. If you would like to go to restaurants across the Bay boat rides are always free. Marigot Palms had, without a dought, the best view in Marigot Bay. My husband and I stayed in Marigot Bay for some rest and relaxation but if you are someone who likes to be in the middle of the action (i.e. night life, shopping mall, etc.) then perhaps staying in the Rodney Bay area, north of the island, may be a better fit.

Service: The service was great at Marigot Palms. Cyrus was a great manager and Tour Guide. The days we spent with him were memorable. Ann and Danny were hospitable, friendly, and great hosts. They even went out of their way to host a catered New Year's party. We were very grateful that they accomodated our food allergies. Alisha, the maid, was very thorough and cleaned our suite twice a week.

Transportation: My husband and I did not rent a car during our stay but we would recommend that you do or do your excursions with Cyrus. The public transportation is quite a way (3 mile walk). Furthermore, they do not have a bus schedule and space is limited.

Gluten-free guests: For those guests who are GF like us, we would suggest going to the GL Food Grocery store located in the Rodney Bay Mall. They have a vast assortment of GF foods. As well, St-Lucia has a wonderful GF bread made locally with Kassava (i.e. Manioc) flour. Yum! Just ask Cyrus!

Overall, great experience. Would not change a thing!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We enjoyed a relaxing week in the Sandringham apartment late Oct/early Nov 2013.

This was just a few days after the new owners, Ann and Danny, had moved in. Despite this they were wonderful hosts who could not do enough to help, were very familiar with the area and together with Cyrus made our stay truly amazing. The views from the apartment were even better than the photos indicate and we saw multiple rainbows during our week there.

Highlights of our week were a stunning meal with live jazz at the Rainforest Hideaway and an afternoon yacht charter down to the Pitons (reviewed separately) but simply relaxing at Marigot Palms, taking in the view and cooling off in the pool were very special.

We would not hesitate to recommend a stay here although the grounds are not suitable for young children as there are some steep drops.

Room Tip: The Sandringham is on the upper level and has a wide balcony for enjoying the views whatever the wea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patpgr
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here in April 2013 and had a great time.

Owners were extremely easy to deal with and immediately addressed any concerns we had while staying there. Entire staff were friendly and hardworking. They kept the grounds and our accomodations very clean and attractive.

Villa is located at the heart of Marigot Bay. A perfect place for a relaxing, scenic vacation. It is very private and the view of the bay was incredible.

Rooms were very clean and newly renovated. We were the only people staying there that week and had the entire property to ourselves.

Cyrus was awesome. He is such a friendly, trustworthy guy. No question goes unanswered and no request goes unfulfilled. At the beginning of our stay he provided us with a cell phone to contact him at any time if we had a problem or need help with anything.

The property is located up a steep, winding hill. Not difficult to walk up and down if you are an active person. Maybe 15 mins on the way up and 10 mins on the way down. Every convenience you need is in Marigot Bay, just cost a bit more.

Only issue we had was with the dog(s) on the premisis. At the beginning of our stay there were 2 dogs on the property. There were sweet, friendly dogs but my wife was not comfortable with them (as with most dogs). We mentioned this and they adressed the issue with the one dog.

The other dog, Ben remained there during our staying. He was harmless and provided great security during our stay. Problem was that he wanted to be near us all the time and he had not been bathed in a really long time. Also, it made it extremely difficult to enjoy drinks or any type of meal outside while enjoying the view because he was always begging for food.

We didn't swim in the pool during our stay. It was cleaned regularly while we were there but it did not look to be in good condition. The paint was chipping and it needs some repair work. They are aware of the problem and we were told they were waiting to receive there order of the materials from overseas. Also, the pool was Ben's main source of drinking water which turned us off as well.

These minor negative reviews did not affect our stay or our opinion of the Villa. We had a great time and would not hesitate to stay there again.

I would suggest renating a car while there. We had Cyrus pick us up and drop us off to and from the airport and rented a car for 5 days. You will be able to see more of the incredible island at a more reasonable cost.

Marigot Bay can be quite pricey so we took advantage of the full kitchen in our room for most meals. Everything you need is provided and their are a couple of grocery stores near by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
marigotpalms, Owner at Marigot Palms Luxury Caribbean Guesthouse and Apartments, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback after your stay at Marigot Palms April 2013. With pleasure we read, that you enjoyed your stay. Since October 2013 we are the new owners and we did many improvements to the villa for even more comfort. We can reassure you there are no dogs on the property anymore. We are passionate about our guests and are committed to providing the best experience and service possible. We are living on the premises and we’re ready for you 24/7 to ensure the highest level of personalized service.
Looking forward to your return visit.
Warm regards,
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Nature's Paradise
Nature's Paradise
#2 of 7 in Marigot Bay

Been to Marigot Palms Luxury Caribbean Guesthouse and Apartments? Share your experiences!