My boyfriend and I spent 7 nights here in March and couldn't be happier with our choice. True to the reviews, Normand and Louise are adorable and we felt totally at home. Normand helped me surprise my boyfriend with a bottle of champagne for his birthday, which was very appreciated. Plus, on our last night, they invited all of the hotel guests for a glass of wine on the terrace and it really was exemplary of Norm and Louise's fabulous hospitality.
The breakfast every morning was great (homemade muffins baked by Louise, grapes, melon, bananas, coconut, papaya, bread, butter, jam, tea, coffee) and they leave the breakfast room open for tea / drinks throughout the afternoon and evening. Finally, the view is really fabulous and the pictures don't do it justice!
A few practical recommendations for future guests:
- We rented a car and found that it gave us more freedom to visit outside of Marigot Bay. We went to Reduit Beach once (35-40 min from hotel) and then Anse Cochon (~20 min from hotel) almost all of the other days.
- There are restaurants to eat at near Reduit Beach, but for Anse Cochon, the restaurant at the beach at the Ti Kaye Resort wouldn't serve non-hotel guests on our last day there, so pack a sandwich if you want to stay the whole day
- Normand can arrange a boat tour for a day where you visit Anse Cochon, Anse Chastanet, and Sugar Beach. Worth it considering that it's an hour+ drive to Sugar Beach. Ask him for the rate.
- There is shampoo and liquid soap in the bathrooms but no moisturizing lotion or conditioner, so if you're particular about your spa products, take a few of your own with you
- There are a bunch of restaurants around Marigot Bay, so the location is good for your evening dinner. However, budget ~$100 / couple per dinner if you want to have a drink and dessert with your meal.
- If you're a runner, the beaches aren't really long enough for a good run, so count on doing most of your runs on the roads, which are very, very hilly!
In short, we would not hesitate to stay here again and in addition to having a wonderful experience, we feel like we came away with new friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in paradise between beautiful Marigot Bay and the deep blue Caribbean Sea, The Inn On The Bay will sweep you away with its breathtaking view from Sunrise to Sunset. With only five comfortable guest rooms in all, The Inn On The Bay is about as far away from conventional, all inclusive and tourist resorts as you can get... and our special guests wouldn’t have it any other way! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Inn On The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On The Bay Hotel Marigot Bay
- Hotel On The Bay
- On The Bay Marigot