“Our favourite place in Marigot Bay!”

DOOlittle's restaurant + bar
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: DOOlittle's restaurant + bar aims to create a menu that pleases all palates with locally sourced, seasonal and sustainable ingredients creating a reciprocal partnership with the island's farmers and food suppliers. Our menu reflects international selections infused with a Saint Lucian twist and cooking methods. Our philosophy is to create a dining experience that provides delicious food served by professionals who share the love for gathering around a table and enjoying one's company over food and drink.
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Sitting in Dolittles drinking cocktails and watching the sunset quickly became one of our favourite things to do whist staying in Marigot Bay. The setting is absolutely stunning.

The food is not overly fancy but it's well cooked and full of flavour - my spaghetti in particular was wonderful!

The setting, the food, the sensational cocktails and even the fun we had playing pool though all come second to the wonderful staff.
By our second visit we were being treated like old friends.

If you're looking for a good time go to Dolittles and make sure you try the cocktail of the day as well as one of Nevi's Amaretto Sours. If you're a grumpy grouch don't go - you'll ruin the atmosphere for the rest of us!

Marigot, Director of Sales at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear VLA 84,
We are so glad you stopped by. It was a pleasure meeting you whilst you were here. We take pride in what we offer as we try to ensure that everyone is satisfied with the food, drinks and overall service. We also treat everyone as family. We appreciate your comments and thanks for your recommendations.
see you sometime soon :)

Best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Been on a mooring ball on our sail boat for over 3 weeks here and have eaten at Doolittles several times over the past weeks. Great selection, great staff and everyday specials. Great local fish and other choices like ribs or jerk chicken.

be warned that ALL carribean restaurants our just that, and not amercan restaurants. Service is friendly, well paced and staff is happy and eager to please. We as Americans must remember we are guest in any foreign country and should adapt to that specific countries customs, traditions and style and not be in such a hurry.

Jim
On a sail boat in marigot bay

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We liked where this restaurant was situated, but we didn´t like the service there. Everything to a long time. While we were waiting for our food people were playing pool and one of the balls were flying over our heads. not nice at all.

2  Thank Teresa2210
Marigot, Owner at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Teresa
The pool tables are over 80 foot away! not in your wildest dreams would a ball reach 6 feet away from the table, are you sure that you are not confusing us with the golf club ?

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This whole island should post a disclaimer that "service is slow". There are very few exceptions so it should just be a blanket idea. Now that we're past that, Doolittle's food is pretty good and so are the drinks. It is not fine dining and you don't have to have a reservation but you also won't break the bank eating here. We went twice during our stay in Marigot Bay both times for dinner. I got panko pork tenders and they came with a nice vegetable mash. My husband got the Chairman's chicken and he liked that as well.

Marigot, Director of Sales at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Sonseekers,
Thank you for your objective review. We thank you for choosing Doolittles as well and are pleased to to know that you enjoyed your meals as well as your drinks.
We look forward to having you join us again next time you are in St. Lucia.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

After reading the reviews for this restaurant, I had no idea on what to expect. Having worked in customer service related industries, including restaurants, my entire adult life; I was both appalled and intrigued by the owner’s extremely rude and caustic responses. Good advertising that, since I was calling friends in the states to read some of the more incredibly horrible responses. I wish I could speak poorly about this restaurant, alas; I have to agree with some of the owner’s comments. To everyone that had a bad experience, I would like to point out a few things. You are in the Caribbean, things are expensive, things are hard to get, service is not always what you will find elsewhere (and will generally be slower than you want), and no matter where you go, you will find rude restaurant personnel, who will be rude to you no matter how friendly you are.
My experience was good. I went for lunch with friends that frequent the restaurant. We were a mixed group of four different races, and experienced no racial bias. The food I ordered was good; better than I expected given some of the reviews. It was exactly what I would expect of this kind of establishment, so I was happy. Our waiter/bartender was nice. Friendly, helpful, engaging. He stood out as a definite plus. Based on these two things alone, I would return. However, the best thing that happened was upon leaving, one of the staff came to find me to let me know that I overpaid my bill. Thank you. I appreciated that. My one disappointment was that I did not get to meet the owner. Thank you for the entertainment in reading the reviews, the good service and food, and the much appreciated honestly of your staff. I will most definitely return and will recommend the restaurant to others.

Dear CTJC,
We are very much appreciative of your objective review. Thank you for your comments on the food, service, friendliness and honesty of our staff. We are pleased to know that we were able to offer a great experience and that your expectations were met. It is a pity you didnt get to meet up with David but hopefully on your next visit he will be around. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Many thanks again for your good review and your recommedation.

Best wishes,