“A nice lunch”

Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: DOOlittle's restaurant + bar aims to create a menu that pleases all palates with locally sourced, seasonal and sustainable ingredients creating a reciprocal partnership with the island's farmers and food suppliers. Our menu reflects international selections infused with a Saint Lucian twist and cooking methods. Our philosophy is to create a dining experience that provides delicious food served by professionals who share the love for gathering around a table and enjoying one's company over food and drink.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location is beautiful, the restaurant was comfortable and the wait staff were attentive. The food was good, nothing outstanding but more than adequate for a nice lunch. The little boat trip over was fun.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Discovery in Marigot Bay. We can't say enough good things about the hospitality and food there. But one day we wanted to venture to a different restaurant in the bay and decided to check out Doolittles. I have to say we were apprehensive because there were so many mixed reviews on Tripadvisor about the experience other diners had. And any less than positive reviews that were posted were followed by scathing comments from the owner of Doolittles.
But it's considered to have some of the best views of the bay and our curiosity got the best of us. We decided to go for lunch rather than dinner, thinking "how bad could it be?". While I have to say it wasn't the worst dining experience we've ever had, it was far from good. We started with the calamari, which was flavorful, but a pathetically small portion for the price. My husband got the most lackluster Caesar salad he's ever ordered, they had run out of Parmesan and the dressing had no flavor. And I got the crab and apple salad, which was delivered with very noticeably brown mushy apple slices.
Normally I would have returned the salad and asked for fresh apples, but our server was generally inattentive and hard to find.
At the end we waited about 20 min. For our server to come with the check, but could not flag her down. I finally had to go to the bar to request a check so we could leave and get on with our day.
If there is one thing my husband and I have learned from watching countless episodes of Restaurant Impossible, it's that restaurant owners who refuse to hear what customers keep telling them are doomed to failure. We intend to go back to Marigot Bay again and hope Doolittles will begin to take some of their customers' feedback seriously.

Marigot, Owner at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your valued review. Please understand that we take all reviews seriously and all of the team meet and discuss which tripadvisor reviews are serious, and those which are ( and in the main) B/s . I reply accordingly . many reviews are from competetors or their friends or have other issues unrelated and so unbelievable that we have to laugh at them. Yours however seem to be genuine but i would question the apples as they are cut fresh but even if i am wrong then you should have asked for the manageress on duty ( we have 3 waiting staff on duty plus one barman and one manageress) and asked her to take them back, so i find it hard to believe that you could not find one person to help you, the same with the salad and dressing. we serve around 1,000 meals a week and i am not in denial and i am sure that one or two meals do not meet up to expectations and that we are not infallable, it is then up to the customer to ensure personal satisfaction by way of complaint, it is your right, so , all in all, a couple of mischevious reviews out of a thousand meals is not by any means crucial. IF your review is Genuine then i am genuinly apologetic and would be only too happy to give you two complimentary meals when you return . 997 persons walk away content and i am sorry that you are in the minority.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

we were directed here on our first night by the porter who took us across the bay to our accommodation. Menu looke fine and not too pricey however dinner and drinks were expensive once were got the bill as local tax and service charge were added. food o.k nothing exceptional although it is a nice sunset location. separate occasion just had cocktails and there was definitely no alcohol in the one i was served little reticent at sending it back as we had to return a drink the previous evening for being incorrect. Breakfast was much better

Sorry, all drinks have plenty alcohol Sharon , You can ask anyone at breakfast holding their heads lol. Maybe you had such a lungful the previous night that you just couldnt taste it. Ooooh !

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We took the ferry across the first night we arrived. Doolittles was nice, as there was a live band, great atmosphere and cheap drinks.

We came here almost everyday of our stay for a drink, a pack of smokes, a game of pool (which were free, CRAZY NO?) and even just a chair to lay on the beach with. I had forgotten to bring over beach towels on one of the days, the staff at Doolittles was nice enough to bring me some and I was ever so thankful!. (Even thou we weren't staying at the hotel)

Everyone with the negative reviews I really don't understand. (But I got a good laugh reading the responses back) If your not snobby and can relax and just have a good time this is the place to be!

XO from S to all The staff and Dave :) Thank you for making our visits very memorable!

Marigot, Owner at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed and were glad to "be there" for you, glad you enjoyed my replies :) . The problem is ( and we understand ) that most people needing a holiday are burnt out in the first place and then they have to take the long flight etc so that the travellers are pretty much exhausted when they get to us. my staff have to endure the rudeness and short fuses on the tourists and i think my team are all Angels and they try their utmost best to please. We are the busiest restaurant in the bay so we expect one in a thousand to be Nasty, it is just human nature i guess. These people should think twice before their flipant remarks as it really does upset the staff who are ding their best ( imagine! not one of my staff have ever travelled to a major city any where in the world ) and have to rely on the training from those who have. Just seems to me that the more popular one becomes, the more is expected . Really hope you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Doolittle’s, even though initially, we had thought that it was going to be a disaster.

The evening started badly. On arrival, we saw that the table that we had reserved earlier in the day was already occupied. The restaurant manageress apologised for their mistake and offered us a complementary drink whist waiting for the table next to our “reserved” one to be cleared and re-laid.

The restaurant was very lively and busy and buzzed with activity. Once installed at our table we were able to appreciate the great view over the bay and the tropical fish swimming at the water’s edge.

My husband wanted shrimps as a main course. We were informed by the waitress that shrimps were “off”, as they had been very busy earlier that evening. So, as a second choice he opted for the ribs, only to be told after a few minutes that they were “off” as well. However, the manageress, Suzzane, sensing that we were perhaps a little put out, somehow managed to rustle-up the very last portion of ribs from somewhere.

Next, when ordering the wine, the bottle initially selected was proclaimed as being “off”. Suzzane came to the rescue again, with a comparable suggestion which was very much enjoyed.

Having drunk the wine and consumed the starters and main courses, we were feeling much more relaxed and happier about our dining experience. My husband proclaimed that the ribs were the best that he had eaten in some time. The restaurant manageress, by her professionalism and charm had solved a potentially disastrous situation. We felt that the owner of the hotel and restaurant was very fortunate to have such an asset.

As the helpings were rather copious, I didn’t want a dessert, but my husband opted for a chocolate and strawberry ice-cream sundae. Lo and behold, what had happened to the chocolate ice-cream – it was “OFF”! All I could do was giggle and laugh! A long list of other suggestions was cited and the ice-cream sundae was duly consumed and very much enjoyed.

At the end of our meal, the hotel owner came to our table and explained that supplies were not always easy to replace in St. Lucia. This we know to be true, as most things have to be imported. It is just part of the “island flavour”!

Well done Suzzane! We really enjoyed our evening thanks to your good humour and professional attitude and we were able to laugh at the potential problems.

1  Thank CindyAnn37

Thank you so much for your review, yes its true we do run out of things and especially after a busy weekend however there are many other items in the menu to choose from however it seems you kept pulling out the short straws lol. Thank you for your patience and understanding, hope you enjoyed St Lucia.