“Everything's "off" tonight !”

DOOlittle's restaurant + bar
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: DOOlittle's restaurant + bar aims to create a menu that pleases all palates with locally sourced, seasonal and sustainable ingredients creating a reciprocal partnership with the island's farmers and food suppliers. Our menu reflects international selections infused with a Saint Lucian twist and cooking methods. Our philosophy is to create a dining experience that provides delicious food served by professionals who share the love for gathering around a table and enjoying one's company over food and drink.
Somerset
“Everything's "off" tonight !”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Doolittle’s, even though initially, we had thought that it was going to be a disaster.

The evening started badly. On arrival, we saw that the table that we had reserved earlier in the day was already occupied. The restaurant manageress apologised for their mistake and offered us a complementary drink whist waiting for the table next to our “reserved” one to be cleared and re-laid.

The restaurant was very lively and busy and buzzed with activity. Once installed at our table we were able to appreciate the great view over the bay and the tropical fish swimming at the water’s edge.

My husband wanted shrimps as a main course. We were informed by the waitress that shrimps were “off”, as they had been very busy earlier that evening. So, as a second choice he opted for the ribs, only to be told after a few minutes that they were “off” as well. However, the manageress, Suzzane, sensing that we were perhaps a little put out, somehow managed to rustle-up the very last portion of ribs from somewhere.

Next, when ordering the wine, the bottle initially selected was proclaimed as being “off”. Suzzane came to the rescue again, with a comparable suggestion which was very much enjoyed.

Having drunk the wine and consumed the starters and main courses, we were feeling much more relaxed and happier about our dining experience. My husband proclaimed that the ribs were the best that he had eaten in some time. The restaurant manageress, by her professionalism and charm had solved a potentially disastrous situation. We felt that the owner of the hotel and restaurant was very fortunate to have such an asset.

As the helpings were rather copious, I didn’t want a dessert, but my husband opted for a chocolate and strawberry ice-cream sundae. Lo and behold, what had happened to the chocolate ice-cream – it was “OFF”! All I could do was giggle and laugh! A long list of other suggestions was cited and the ice-cream sundae was duly consumed and very much enjoyed.

At the end of our meal, the hotel owner came to our table and explained that supplies were not always easy to replace in St. Lucia. This we know to be true, as most things have to be imported. It is just part of the “island flavour”!

Well done Suzzane! We really enjoyed our evening thanks to your good humour and professional attitude and we were able to laugh at the potential problems.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CindyAnn37
Marigot, Owner at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, yes its true we do run out of things and especially after a busy weekend however there are many other items in the menu to choose from however it seems you kept pulling out the short straws lol. Thank you for your patience and understanding, hope you enjoyed St Lucia.

Roebling, New Jersey, United States
“Food Awesome, Service beyond bad, staff dishonest”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent two days at Marigot Bay. We took the Liquid Sunshine sea taxi to Dolittle's restaurant. We had the Onion Rings and Conch fritters for appetizers. All the entrees that we had were totally awesome. I had ribs, friends had the chicken Roti and everyone was totally happy with the food. The service was slow. We had a round of beers, and sat there for about 20 minutes with empty drinks. One of my party got up and asked for another round. Our server was seated at the bar, drinking a soda, and didn't budge. 10 minutes later, after our appetizers finally arrived, we asked for another round. A friend left a water bottle on the table, and after we went to the beach, we realized she left it. We went back, and asked the waitress about the bottle. The bartender STRENUOUSLY denied seeing the bottle... 5 times... we know she took it... so we contacted the manager. The manager was not helpful at all. She didn't want to open the locked rest room to look for the bottle, and didn't bother to check under the bar where I suspect the bottle was... then she was argumentative with the person who lost the bottle, who happens to be a very influential resident of St. Lucia. (She brought us there, and I'm sure she will never bring any other visitors there). I work in customer service, and I was taken aback by her attitude and handling of a customer issue. (The bottle was worth maybe $10 EC), and wasn't worth the attitude displayed by the staff and manager. We won't return!

• Visited March 2013
“Bad”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

View good. Music good.. Decor shabby but not sheik, food bad frozen food with trumped up titles... They should be ashamed of the "peppercorn calamari" and "honey glazed beer batter onion rings". Both obviously frozen food items... And the cocktail drinks not good enough to over shine the bad food... Sad that tourists are treated this way

Marigot, chef at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Well I guess its good that not everyone thinks like you , yes the calamari are frozen, bonus point for you,but we batter them ourselves doesnt take much working out, but my onion rings are fresh, sorry to disapoint. cocktails are good, more alcohol than one would normally get so the cocktails probably threw you off in more ways than one. Not only the hotel but the restaurant has been freshly painted, including toilets and Dive shop so why lie? the caribbean is not New york, lets please get that clear.
Elmley Castle, England
“Lives on its very old name”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Average food, expensive food, topped off with average service, but still everyone wants to go there once. We did. Best thing to do is go and have a drink here to say you've been!

Visited March 2013
Marigot, General Manager at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Didn"t realize we had a name ? old or otherwise, We do not do anything but do our best to feed our visitors with good healthy food with great service and some great cocktails !! OOOOOHHH !
Maracaibo, Zulia, Venezuela
“Dinner and Scenery”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had the great opportunity to dine at Doolittle's Restaurant and Bar with my whole family. The food was really great, I tried this local dish " conch " because I was really curious to know what it tasted like. To my surprise, it was finger licking delicious. It's really unbelievable how something I have never tasted in my life could taste this good! The night view was just breathtaking. The moonlight ray just gentle glided through the sea water creating this amazing visual effect. We took many family photos trying to capture the night beauty of the restaurant and its scenery but it was just impossible. The photos could not capture what we saw with our own eyes.
After dinner, we went to have a few drinks at the bar, which certainly had a wide variety of drinks and beverages, and not to mention the half price that we paid for them too. There was a special: half price drinks during happy hour from 5-7pm. well I must say we took advantage of this special.
I know I enjoyed this experience and I will definitely return. This was great family time well spent in Doolittle's Restaurant and Bar.

• Visited December 2012
So Glad you Enjoyed, yes the ribs ARE AWSOME arent they ! I agree. The views are stunning and i am so Glad you enjoyed. I love the open kitchen too, as everyone can see whats going on and the cleanliness. hope you really enjoyed the rest of st lucia too :) hopefully we will see you again next year.