“Food Awesome, Service beyond bad, staff dishonest”

DOOlittle's restaurant + bar
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, International
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: DOOlittle's restaurant + bar aims to create a menu that pleases all palates with locally sourced, seasonal and sustainable ingredients creating a reciprocal partnership with the island's farmers and food suppliers. Our menu reflects international selections infused with a Saint Lucian twist and cooking methods. Our philosophy is to create a dining experience that provides delicious food served by professionals who share the love for gathering around a table and enjoying one's company over food and drink.
Roebling, New Jersey, United States
“Food Awesome, Service beyond bad, staff dishonest”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent two days at Marigot Bay. We took the Liquid Sunshine sea taxi to Dolittle's restaurant. We had the Onion Rings and Conch fritters for appetizers. All the entrees that we had were totally awesome. I had ribs, friends had the chicken Roti and everyone was totally happy with the food. The service was slow. We had a round of beers, and sat there for about 20 minutes with empty drinks. One of my party got up and asked for another round. Our server was seated at the bar, drinking a soda, and didn't budge. 10 minutes later, after our appetizers finally arrived, we asked for another round. A friend left a water bottle on the table, and after we went to the beach, we realized she left it. We went back, and asked the waitress about the bottle. The bartender STRENUOUSLY denied seeing the bottle... 5 times... we know she took it... so we contacted the manager. The manager was not helpful at all. She didn't want to open the locked rest room to look for the bottle, and didn't bother to check under the bar where I suspect the bottle was... then she was argumentative with the person who lost the bottle, who happens to be a very influential resident of St. Lucia. (She brought us there, and I'm sure she will never bring any other visitors there). I work in customer service, and I was taken aback by her attitude and handling of a customer issue. (The bottle was worth maybe $10 EC), and wasn't worth the attitude displayed by the staff and manager. We won't return!

• Visited March 2013

“Bad”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

View good. Music good.. Decor shabby but not sheik, food bad frozen food with trumped up titles... They should be ashamed of the "peppercorn calamari" and "honey glazed beer batter onion rings". Both obviously frozen food items... And the cocktail drinks not good enough to over shine the bad food... Sad that tourists are treated this way

Marigot, chef at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Well I guess its good that not everyone thinks like you , yes the calamari are frozen, bonus point for you,but we batter them ourselves doesnt take much working out, but my onion rings are fresh, sorry to disapoint. cocktails are good, more alcohol than one would normally get so the cocktails probably threw you off in more ways than one. Not only the hotel but the restaurant has been freshly painted, including toilets and Dive shop so why lie? the caribbean is not New york, lets please get that clear.
Elmley Castle, England
“Lives on its very old name”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Average food, expensive food, topped off with average service, but still everyone wants to go there once. We did. Best thing to do is go and have a drink here to say you've been!

Visited March 2013
Marigot, General Manager at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Didn"t realize we had a name ? old or otherwise, We do not do anything but do our best to feed our visitors with good healthy food with great service and some great cocktails !! OOOOOHHH !
Maracaibo, Zulia, Venezuela
“Dinner and Scenery”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had the great opportunity to dine at Doolittle's Restaurant and Bar with my whole family. The food was really great, I tried this local dish " conch " because I was really curious to know what it tasted like. To my surprise, it was finger licking delicious. It's really unbelievable how something I have never tasted in my life could taste this good! The night view was just breathtaking. The moonlight ray just gentle glided through the sea water creating this amazing visual effect. We took many family photos trying to capture the night beauty of the restaurant and its scenery but it was just impossible. The photos could not capture what we saw with our own eyes.
After dinner, we went to have a few drinks at the bar, which certainly had a wide variety of drinks and beverages, and not to mention the half price that we paid for them too. There was a special: half price drinks during happy hour from 5-7pm. well I must say we took advantage of this special.
I know I enjoyed this experience and I will definitely return. This was great family time well spent in Doolittle's Restaurant and Bar.

• Visited December 2012
Marigot, Owner at DOOlittle's restaurant + bar, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
So Glad you Enjoyed, yes the ribs ARE AWSOME arent they ! I agree. The views are stunning and i am so Glad you enjoyed. I love the open kitchen too, as everyone can see whats going on and the cleanliness. hope you really enjoyed the rest of st lucia too :) hopefully we will see you again next year.
Athens, Greece
“SWEET AND WARM ...FRIENDLY AND HAPPY PLACE”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

we was there early the night and our choice i was baby back ribs and merlin fish plate....both it was very tasty but the ribs specialy it was one of the BEST MEAT PLATES in my life and trust me i have experience about the food..the staff and the lady owner very sweet and kind with us....AND SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME ...the very clean kitchen is something very positive...if you come to marigot is the best choice....

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank astondb6gr
Thank you so much and glad that you found us happy , warm and fun, yes indeed the best ribs ever . next time you should try the "head on " prawns which are actually fresh water Langustine and farmed locally , Mmmm Delicious, making my mouth water just thinking about them . I too like and insist on a spotless kitchen and can be seen into . Hopefully we will see you again.