“2 BR Villa, lush landscaping with a lap pool overlooking Marigot Bay”

Chateau Mygo Villas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sandy Springs, Georgia
“2 BR Villa, lush landscaping with a lap pool overlooking Marigot Bay”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful holiday week in St. Lucia. Many thanks to Frank and his team! He provided us with phones and answered every question we had on what to do, where and how to best plan our vacation. We rented a 4 wheel drive. It is a very hilly climb to the villa, and it was needed for touring the western coast of the island. The villa was comfortable, updated and cleaned twice during the week for us with fresh towels regularly provided. We were able to enjoy breakfast, a lunch and even cooked/ grilled a few dinners there. The family ate our meals on the patio overlooking the bay and ocean. They even had a vase of Birds of Paradise on the table. The view, although spectacular was slightly obstructed by telephone wires. The price was very reasonable for a family of 4.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2011

The worst thing about Chateau Mygo Villas is the road leading up to it. The best thing is the view across Marigot Bay. The worst road/lane/track we have ever travelled up was blamed on hurricane Tomas but I think it started a bit before that. When we eventually found the apartments (why they are called villas I do not know) after no proper signs I was exhausted because of going round and round and up and down said track for what seemed like hours but was rewarded by a nice large terrace overlooking a beautiful bay. The apartment was one large room with a comfy bed, well equipped kitchen area and small shower room. The furnishings were good quality and thought had gone into making the apartment look good. However there were a few things that could help to make it just that bit better and when we suggested these to the owner Frank we were pleased to have a positive response with a promise to look into our suggestions.
There are three apartments at the moment, two small ones next to each other and a larger one below, but there is building work going on above the property which may add more. Just across from the apartments is a long swimming pool and some nice sun loungers to soak up the sun. It is a shame, because of a large retaining wall from the works above, the sun does not manage to reach much of the pool therefore it was too cold for me.
Frank and his mother also run a restaurant down in the bay and Bateau Mygo - a boat venture! The food in the restaurant was OK but we found almost every restaurant in Marigot Bay the same. In fact we wondered what folks who visited and moored their huge boats the size of houses did for food as the restaurants, even at the posh hotels, were at best ordinary!
If you like boats and people watching and if you want a good view of the famous (Lord knows why) Marigot Bay then I would recommend Chateau Mygo Villas. There is only one thing that for us spoiled our two week stay and that was lack of sound proofing between the two apartments. We could hear 'everything' that went on next door!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bessiegal
NC
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We couldnt have asked for a better 2-week vacation! Frank (Shaid), his mom Doreen and their staff at the Marina/Restaurant/Maid were like our family by the time we left.
Very clean, beautiful view, local cell phone provided, wi-fi, all amenities we could need. Gideon was our taxi driver, he is very quiet but very dependable! Everything we needed was right there in Marigot Bay! Took a taxi for day trips (Market in Castries, Botanical Gardens, Volcano, lunch at LAderA) but our time was best spent just lounging on the water front and talking to the locals.
Be sure to book your sailing charter as soon as you get there to ensure availability - they are very busy! The charter (Bateau Mygo) was great! The food at Chateau Mygo was great! Absolutely no complaints. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a quiet get-away in a very safe and loving community.
Without a doubt I hope to return here again sometime soon.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Chateau Mygo villas when we came to learn how to scuba dive in St. Lucia. The one-room villa is one of 3 (I believe) situated high on the side of the hill overlooking Marigot Bay. You will definitely need a 4 wheel drive to get up there - and it's totally worth the money if you're going to spend any time in St Lucia. Our room was very quaint and pretty - well decorated, clean, with a nice kitchenette with utensils etc. 4 poster bed, and good cable tv and wireless. The bathroom needs more ventilation and can smell damp, particularly during the extremely wet weather we had. But overall, very cozy and quiet - and an amazing value for the price. We cooked and ate outside, and there's hammock you can string up. Plus, in the morning, if you open the door, there are 2 small birds that are more than happy to join you.

A few minuses: The villa doesn't have maid service everyday, which can be difficult when everything is damp and nothing will dry quickly outside. And while there's a barbeque, it was around the corner and not easily accessible if it rains. It can also get pretty buggy, but it's wet.

All in all, the view is amazing, the place is cozy, the service is good and the value is great. A good find for those who don't like hotels by the book.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chico, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I went to St. Lucia with dreams of sitting in the sun and having fun. When I arrived I found that I had picked the right hotel to make my dreams and beyond come true. I quickly realized my dreams were well short of all the possibilities that were out there. I went with an amazing women who makes me happy. We exceeded what I dreamt about in all the activities we did. Everything I could imagine Chateau Mygo made happen. We went on a Chateau Mygo boat and snorkeled in some of the most beautiful water I have seen. We found a deserted beach with a Chateau Mygo paddle boat and spent some quality time enjoying the sun. St. Lucia has some fun things to offer inland also. We made our way to the Pitons and saw the volcano. We took a mud bath and showered off with warm spring water. We found out while we were there that our adventure to volcano and hot springs had been recently featured in an episode of the Bachelor(TV program). The day was completed with the most spectacular view of the pitons while eating dinner. It was romantic, fun and exciting and I was glad to not have to drive as we were shuttled by a taxi who worked for Chateau Mygo. Those adventures were great and fun, but I was equally as happy sitting at the restaurant and eating pizza while my darling girlfriend ate a variety of vegitarian dishes. She loved the grilled cheese sandwiches the best. I found all the people working there to be nice and when I needed something they were able to get it or point me in the right direction. The bay is gorgeous and not only do I plan on going back again, but the good times live in my dreams until the next vacation comes around. We were there for ten days and if I had the money and time to stay I would have made it months instead of days. I would never stay anywhere but Chateau Mygo Villas.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed at Chateau Mygo for 10 weeks from March to May 2010. Checking in was smooth and our first view of the Villa and pool was amazing. Situated on the hill above the bay meant great sunsets, star gazing and peace and quiet whilst within walking distance of local bars, restaurants and the ocean. The service was amazing and friendly (with any queries dealt with promptly, the manager always on call). The villa includes a lot of extras - 20% off in the restaurant, free kayak hires, discounted trips around the Island plus advice on anything else you'd want to do. If you wanted to relax, you've your own pool...

I'd definitely recommend to anyone staying in St Lucia (Marigot Bay is south enough to avoid a lot of the tourist cramp but also close to all the major resorts and beaches) but a 4x4 is a must to get to the villa (whilst only a short walk up the hill from the bay, the road is too bumpy for a normal car). Brilliant!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed in the ground floor villa for 6 weeks and it was wonderful. The villa was lovely, with an exceptional view of the rest of the bay. We were definately glad of the 4x4 that we rented, although we did amble up the hill back to the villa many a night after drinks in the bay, though it is quite steep. The service was exceptional, the villa was kept very clean and we were provided with plenty of fresh towels and bedding. All of the staff down at the restaurant are lovely, and very willing to help with any enquires should Frank not be around. Both Frank and Doreen are very friendly and were happy to advise us about things to do and see on the island.
The kitchen was fully stocked with all the utensils we needed. The lounge area had two comfortable sofas and a large TV. The bedrooms were stunning and spacious with very comfortable beds. The pool is a good size and very private with an amazing view of the rest of the bay. We thoughrally enjoyed sitting out both during the day and at night, watching the world go by.
There are many amazing things to do on the island, I'm so glad we were there so long just to cover it all, from climbing the Pitons to the sulphur springs and waterfalls. It really was a wonderful experience!
Many thanks to both Frank and Doreen for helping make it such a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Marigot Palms Luxury Caribbean Guesthouse and Apartments
Nature's Paradise
Nature's Paradise
#2 of 7 in Marigot Bay

Been to Chateau Mygo Villas? Share your experiences!